OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So apparently all of Wells Fargo is completely down. Website. Online banking. ATMs. Debit Cards. Everything. Can't make my car payment, but it's not due for a few days anyways.

So... whoever is hacking Wells Fargo, can you please... uh... wipe out my car note balance? Would appreciate it if I didn't have to pay it anymore. :snide:

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So apparently all of Wells Fargo is completely down. Website. Online banking. ATMs. Debit Cards. Everything. Can't make my car payment, but it's not due for a few days anyways.

So... whoever is hacking Wells Fargo, can you please... uh... wipe out my car note balance? Would appreciate it if I didn't have to pay it anymore. :snide:

Will be another black eye for a bank that has had scandals and incidents over several years now

Isn't this the 2nd time this week it has happened?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Anyone ever been to the Great Wolfe Lodge in Gurnee? If so, what did you think?

Went there a few times back when it was key lime cove. That was when it first opened and it was nice for a non tourist town. No clue about now but it looks the same from photos of new place.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Looked at taxes again, still can’t figure out how the hell we owe let alone owe this much.

Incredible.

What a joke.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I guess I will be drinking hard tonight. ..My Ottawa Redblacks CFL team on the opening day of free agency lost its starting QB, startong Left Tackle,and a starting Right side Wide Receiver to the Edmonton Eskimos and it's starting RB to Saskatchewan Roughriders. ..we had previously lost our Left side starting wide Receiver to the NFL..

You could say our offense has been decimated..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I guess I will be drinking hard tonight. ..My Ottawa Redblacks CFL team on the opening day of free agency lost its starting QB, startong Left Tackle,and a starting Right side Wide Receiver to the Edmonton Eskimos and it's starting RB to Saskatchewan Roughriders. ..we had previously lost our Left side starting wide Receiver to the NFL..

Isn't that every night? ;)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Does this mean I can anticipate a pop culture themed post in the OT thread tonight?

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Squirt playoffs start on the 23rd and I'm already super stressed out. Lost in overtime of the State championship last year. Moved up 3 levels and finished with the 2 seed this year. Think the semis and the finals are going to be two coin flip games (although we'd be the underdog if the #1 team makes it, they went undefeated this year - our only loss was to them).

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As to what Ontarians will be drinking this coming Long Weekend ((next Monday is Family Day holiday in Ontario),it could well be No Name Beer (it is a Canadian Lager) that will be on sale in select outlets from this coin Friday through Sunday for just $6.60 cdn per six -pack...that fulfills the Buck-A-Beer promise by the Ontario Government under Premier Ford who incentives this by allowing the minimum price Brewers could charge for a bottle or can of beer to go from $1.25 to just $1.00 if they could produce it and still make profit at that retail price ...

The special price of $6.60 per six pack is a gimmick by the Loblaws NoName Brand to promote their new beer offering during the first long weekend of the year...Regular price is $10.45 per six pack...

It comes to a $6.00 = a buck a beer for 6
cans plus the 10cent per "bottle/can" tax for re-cycling which is returned when the empty cans are redeemed so they can go to be re-cycled.

As to whether the beer is any hood or drinkable at such a low price,I leave to others to decide..I will not be buying any despite how cheap it is...I drink only more expensive craft beers which cost 2.5 to 4 times the price these will be offered at ...

I imagine though that No Name Beer will appeal to those who buy the major commercial mass brands like Bud,Coors or Molson Canadian ...the usual soap water stuff the masses drink ...I shall stick to the better craft beers that actually taste great even though you pay more for them.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Looked at taxes again, still can’t figure out how the hell we owe let alone owe this much.

Incredible.

What a joke.

How much do you have taken out of your taxes?

It am just surprised as my wife and I are in the 32% tax bracket and got a decent amount back. We also have a kid and bought a new house last year so that has some impact.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

It am just surprised as my wife and I are in the 32% tax bracket and got a decent amount back. We also have a kid and bought a new house last year so that has some impact.

I’m not sure exactly. We made zero changes to my wife’s taxes or anything we do on her end and went from collecting a few thousand to owing a few thousand. It makes no f***ing sense.

May hire someone to look at them.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015

I went from owing $900 to $3,700. Really sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad