OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The kid thing does scare me a bit honestly. I’m living with the lady now so those discussions are obviously happening.

Plenty of totally legitimate concerns. I see a lot of parents who can hardly handle taking their kids out to breakfast, they seem stressed out, tired, and unhappy. There’s also the concern for a lack of individual fulfillment when you have to give up your free time and instead spend it with your kids.

I don’t mean that in a “great now I can’t go out to bars and get shitfaced anymore!” way. But I’m so used to doing things I want to do and not having the day to day concern of others playing into it. I don’t want children to become my entire existence.

Maybe it’s just a maturity thing and I’ll chsnge in a few years

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Man, apparently two earners, Married File Jointly, claiming 0 is NOT withholding nearly enough. Got f***ing lit up by Uncle Sam this year, -$3,800

I need to change over to Married Single Rate, claim 2 and I should get a very small refund.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Man, apparently two earners, Married File Jointly, claiming 0 is NOT withholding nearly enough. Got ****ing lit up by Uncle Sam this year, -$3,800

I need to change over to Married Single Rate, claim 2 and I should get a very small refund.

We filed ours last night and for the first time in years I got a return.... and my wife got absolutely screwed.

Nothing changed with here but she went from getting about $4,000 back last year to having to pay $3,000 this year while making no changes at all.

:madfire:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We filed ours last night and for the first time in years I got a return.... and my wife got absolutely screwed.

Nothing changed with here but she went from getting about $4,000 back last year to having to pay $3,000 this year while making no changes at all.

:madfire:

Thank our President, and those who put him in office. (Won't get any more political than that or it'll get removed).

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Man, apparently two earners, Married File Jointly, claiming 0 is NOT withholding nearly enough. Got ****ing lit up by Uncle Sam this year, -$3,800

Don’t they withhold more taxes when you claim less dependents?

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yes. Claiming 0 means more is withheld. The higher you claim, the less they take out. Claiming 0 should basically be the max, with the exception of if you specify them to take extra out.

Thats why I was confused to read switching from 0 dependents to 2 would yield a bigger refund

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
My fiance is getting $1000 less than she did last year.

I'm sitting right about the same.

That seems like an awful high swing, though. There's not a mistake in there somewhere? $7000 swing is crazy.

I’ll look tonight, didn’t have time to dig into it yesterday.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
the more dependents you declare, the amount of taxes you pay in your regular paycheck decreases. All of this stuff evens out wither way when you do your taxes. Some people like the big refund, some rather have their money upfront or don't want to deal with paying.

Also Antartica is going to be about 10 degrees warmer than Chicago over the next couple of days.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
the more dependents you declare, the amount of taxes you pay in your regular paycheck decreases. All of this stuff evens out wither way when you do your taxes. Some people like the big refund, some rather have their money upfront or don't want to deal with paying.

Also Antartica is going to be about 10 degrees warmer than Chicago over the next couple of days.

It's not that uncommon. A large part of Antarctica is regularly in the 20's and 30's, nowadays. The link below has the current temperature in all different locations in Antarctica.

There are only two spots that are below zero, currently.

Antarctica Weather - AccuWeather.com

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It's not that uncommon. A large part of Antarctica is regularly in the 20's and 30's, nowadays. The link below has the current temperature in all different locations in Antarctica.

There are only two spots that are below zero, currently.

Antarctica Weather - AccuWeather.com

What are we doing living here then

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Power was out for an hour and a half and just came on a bit ago. That wasn’t remotely stressful or terrifying on the coldest night of the last 25 years with a toddler, 3 month old, and two dogs at 2am.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Hope everyone is safe up there.

Going to be a chilly 70 degrees here on Sunday. :naughty:

Payback is a bitch in summer tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad