OT: Anything Goes 33: What'cha Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
My wife and I used to itemize but we're doing the standard deduction this year. Used to get back ~$3.5k a year once we got by the first two years of owning our house. Getting back the same amount this year but probably did about $3.5k better total on our paychecks as well.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
What happened in a nutshell is that in accordance with the gop tax bill, they changed the withholding tables to give people more immediate cash in their paychecks leading up to the 2018 midterms. But that meant not enough was being withheld for most people, and here we are. A lot of people may even have an overall lower tax obligation, but don’t don’t feel the enjoyment of it because they now owe a hefty amount.

The other bad news is that the temporary cuts people got to fund the permanent corporate cuts are temporary, and by law will be heading back up in the mid 2020’s unless congress passes another round of tax cuts.

People who itemize in blue states are most likely paying more because of the cap on salt deductions.

Note: this post is factual, not a political opinion.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Do any of you guys listen to espn 1000 and get super frustrated when they start talking about anyone other than the Hawks? I swear Carmen DeFalco knows about 5% of what he thinks he knows about the NHL. Last year I heard him wonder out loud if UFA starts at 21.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Do any of you guys listen to espn 1000 and get super frustrated when they start talking about anyone other than the Hawks? I swear Carmen DeFalco knows about 5% of what he thinks he knows about the NHL. Last year I heard him wonder out loud if UFA starts at 21.

Avoid Chicago radio for hockey unless its Jay Zawaski.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Bought a new bike this week. My wife and I now have a combined 7 bikes in our tiny apartment.

:help:

May be purchasing 2 more in the next few months too.

:help: :help: :help:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Bought a new bike this week. My wife and I now have a combined 7 bikes in our tiny apartment.

:help:

May be purchasing 2 more in the next few months too.

:help: :help: :help:

Genuine question; why does one need to own multiple bikes? Different ones for different types of terrain?

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Avoid Chicago radio for hockey unless its Jay Zawaski.
Yea, I tend to turn the volume down at my desk whenever they start. As a packers fan I'd rather listen to 5 hours of bears info, and I do lots of days, than 20 minutes of general NHL talk. Even when Eddie O is on he lets their misinformation slide.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Genuine question; why does one need to own multiple bikes? Different ones for different types of terrain?

My wife and I each have real nice road bikes and mountain bikes. The tires on our road bikes are 23mm wide, you can ride them on anything other than roads. Our mountain bike tires are almost 3 inches wide. The terrain here is super rocky so you need something relatively wide. Mountain bikes have suspension and what they call dropper posts.

Those are both really nice bike, so I have a bike to get around town that I don’t mind locking up.

A fat bike to ride in snow that the tires of bikes above can’t ride in.

Wife has a time trial bike that allows you to get into a position you can’t get into on any other style of bike.

Check out some of the trails here, you can’t take a road bike on these.

mountain bike trails utah - Google Search

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
I worked nearby that place today and the whole area was on lock. Just a shame, the whole situation...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
New doggo day. Four month old Saluki terrier. Been awhile since I had a pup but with the girlfriend living here more and more it won’t be alone for huge stretches while I’m working.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayP

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Camelot Illinois running lotto has not been good start for Illinois

Lotto was down all thru night/morning as they switched to new computer system. System was supposed to be back up between 9am-11am

It is madhouse right now up where I get my tickets as terminal didn't come back until noon and the line for lottery players is at least two dozen deep of annoyed players

New machine requires new slips and even then is not reading slips well even if filled out perfectly (Took minutes for it to finally read mine even though it was filled out perfectly and cashier made her own copy to scan and it wouldn't read hers either)

Switch was supposed to happen at start of Jan but never happened or failed. Then they had that pick 3/pick 4 debacle that angered alot of players and old instant games machines are not compatible with new system and many stores haven't gotten new machines so thru out state a lot of stores cant sell instant tickets and even places like some Jewel-Osco's , etc with new machines cant fill them up because the IL Lotto never properly installed them

Online play is still down as is website so more people wont be happy

Overall IL Lottery reputation taking more hits this year

Was so much better when state ran it , Privatizing it years ago was dumb move and since then its been plagued with problems

-- I am patient person though so the waiting didn't bother me plus I expected this rollout to be problem filled but man were there some pissed off elderly people especially in my line today --

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad