OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
You should have called him at least 2-3 more times... :sarcasm:

Congrats again!

Oh trust me, I wanted to!!! lol. But thank you!!

Glad it's official, congrats! Waiting to hear back on something myself so let's keep that positive energy going this week haha.

Second that.. and best of luck to you as well!!

Congrats. Always nice to get everything squared away.

Yes, most definitely. Things didn’t go as planned, but they may have worked out better in the end, so that’s a huge relief to me.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Taking the girl out jetskiing Friday. Should I get a tandem jetski or two jet skis?

Both. Work out a half hour deal with the one and you driving and see if she likes it and wants to do singles alone after for another half hour. I think she’ll be more down for the whole thing that way, but what do I know, I’m just a cave man. Have fun.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So the wife and I are going to Pitchfork tomorrow and it looks like it's going to rain a lot. We rarely get out a lot with the kids these days so this is really disappointing.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So the wife and I are going to Pitchfork tomorrow and it looks like it's going to rain a lot. We rarely get out a lot with the kids these days so this is really disappointing.

That sucks. I'm going to Medieval Times tomorrow. Kids and fiance got us tickets for Father's Day. So no concern for the rain here.

The shitty thing is, it hasn't hardly rained for like a month. And you guys plan something. And then it calls for rain...gotta love Chicago weather.

Looks like they're calling for rain on and off all weekend. Although most of what I'm seeing is calling for "scattered" and "possible" thunderstorms. Which are very hit and miss this time of year. You may go and not have a single drop of rain.

Although... it's a music fest, right? Rain wouldn't really bother me in that case.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
That sucks. I'm going to Medieval Times tomorrow. Kids and fiance got us tickets for Father's Day. So no concern for the rain here.

The ****ty thing is, it hasn't hardly rained for like a month. And you guys plan something. And then it calls for rain...gotta love Chicago weather.

Looks like they're calling for rain on and off all weekend. Although most of what I'm seeing is calling for "scattered" and "possible" thunderstorms. Which are very hit and miss this time of year. You may go and not have a single drop of rain.

Although... it's a music fest, right? Rain wouldn't really bother me in that case.

Lightning would bother me, however. :laugh:

Had planned to get some work done in the yard this weekend so hopefully will have some windows in there to do that. We're also going for one of those 4d ultrasounds on Saturday so that should be cool. Other than that, a whole lot of nothing and I'm okay with that.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Lightning would bother me, however. :laugh:

Had planned to get some work done in the yard this weekend so hopefully will have some windows in there to do that. We're also going for one of those 4d ultrasounds on Saturday so that should be cool. Other than that, a whole lot of nothing and I'm okay with that.

True.

My yard work has been done after work throughout the week. Trimmed up a tree yesterday and cut it all up/bagged it all. The day prior was a large bush in the front yard. Today will be the other two large bushes that need to go. Saturday I'm hoping to trim the other tree and cut grass. :thumbu:

Should be a solid weekend for yard work, though. Cooler temps.

Reactions: Blue Liner

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

The ****ty thing is, it hasn't hardly rained for like a month. And you guys plan something. And then it calls for rain...gotta love Chicago weather.

We are going to see someone my wife wants to see, that I don't really care about to begin with. The idea of getting soaked watching bands I'm indifferent about and then ubering about an hour home and paying the sitter....ugh. I'll just drink my way through it though, lol.

Sunday we were going to go to Arlington for family day and the weather is threatening that too.

We rarely have plans like this.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
We are going to see someone my wife wants to see, that I don't really care about to begin with. The idea of getting soaked watching bands I'm indifferent about and then ubering about an hour home and paying the sitter....ugh. I'll just drink my way through it though, lol.

Sunday we were going to go to Arlington for family day and the weather is threatening that too.

We rarely have plans like this.

I hear ya man. I remember those days. Now my one daughter is 17 and the other is 10. Pushing 18 and 11. So my older one usually watches the younger one when we want to go out and do something. :thumbu:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I agree with this. Renting PWCs is super expensive. You can likely get a boat for 3-4 hours for the same price as a couple of wave runners for a single hour.

Where were you renting them? Fox Chain? Lake Michigan?

Chicago/Lake Michigan. It's annoyingly expensive but we've been wanting to do it for a while so I'm going to surprise her with it tomorrow and then take her to a play later.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I hear ya man. I remember those days. Now my one daughter is 17 and the other is 10. Pushing 18 and 11. So my older one usually watches the younger one when we want to go out and do something. :thumbu:

I try to get stuff done on weeknights after work, but my time is so limited, mostly because I try to spend as much time with the boy as possible between when I get home and he goes down for bed. I'll cut the grass if need be but I kind of hold off on more involved stuff for the weekend, especially since this time of year I actually have weekends free for the most part. I mostly just have to get some weeding done more than anything.

This message brought to you by the Boring Domestic Section of the Anything Goes :laugh:

Weeding sucks, but I actually enjoy lawn care some. I missed it before getting a house again last year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I try to get stuff done on weeknights after work, but my time is so limited, mostly because I try to spend as much time with the boy as possible between when I get home and he goes down for bed. I'll cut the grass if need be but I kind of hold off on more involved stuff for the weekend, especially since this time of year I actually have weekends free for the most part. I mostly just have to get some weeding done more than anything.

This message brought to you by the Boring Domestic Section of the Anything Goes :laugh:

Weeding sucks, but I actually enjoy lawn care some. I missed it before getting a house again last year.

Yeah. I have two gardens that need to be weeded, and I just haven't gotten up the drive to do it. My hastas are being overrun by regular grass that is like 10 inches long in the one garden... :laugh:

Right now I'm just beautifying the front yard/creating more curb appeal with a potential house sale coming up next spring, removing ugly bushes blocking the street view of the house, trimming trees up to head height so you can see the house, and planting flowers along the retaining wall that runs the width of our front yard.

I don't mind most gardening and outdoor work, though. I like making things look nice.

Last edited:

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah. I have two gardens that need to be weeded, and I just haven't gotten up the drive to do it. My hastas are being overrun by regular grass that is like 10 inches long in the one garden... :laugh:

Right now I'm just beautifying the front yard/creating more curb appeal with a potential house sale coming up next spring, removing ugly bushes blocking the street view of the house, trimming trees up to head height so you can see the house, and plating flowers along the retaining wall that runs the width of our front yard.

I don't mind most gardening and outdoor work, though. I like making things look nice.

The previous owner had a lot of nice work done while living there as far as the kind of beds she had created, perennial stuff planted, planters placed, etc, so I try to keep up with it and keep it nice. We've planted some new stuff as well, some has taken, some hasn't, but all in all just like to keep it looking nice, like you said.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Tame Impala is playing there tomorrow :yo:

To any of you going, make that band your top priority. They won't disappoint

Any thought to the boat idea over the jet skis, though? Has she ridden one before, btw? If not, you may want to do as CS said, do 30 minutes on a big one, then split up onto separate ones for an hour after that or something along those lines. They're pretty straight forward, though. Steering like a bike/motorcycle. Throttle is a lever, brakes don't exist, just take your hand off the throttle. Have fun, they're a blast!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

It's going to rain tomorrow?!? f***! You can still have fun on a jet ski in the rain though, right?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's going to rain tomorrow?!? ****! You can still have fun on a jet ski in the rain though, right?

If it's storming with thunder and lightning, they may not let you take them out... If it's just raining, make sure you wear your sunglasses. That rain pelting your eyes will hurt.

Forecast calls for mostly just clouds, though. I think you'll have more than a large enough window to get an hour or so in.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Tame Impala is playing there tomorrow :yo:

To any of you going, make that band your top priority. They won't disappoint

We are only going tomorrow, but they are the band I'm most interested. Sadly, I only think I know 2 bands/artists playing tomorrow, lol. Them and Courtney Bartnett. My wife really wanted to see her, which is why we are going.

Have I mentioned I'm old and don't get out much, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad