OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
When was that? There is a lot of great food in Rockford! And City Market on Friday evenings is awesome. PLUS ICEHOGS. Cheap hockey to watch our prospects.
Don't hate on my town lol

I was in Rockford coaching my mites and it was really snowy and I about drove into the water by the rink. So theres that.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
When was that? There is a lot of great food in Rockford! And City Market on Friday evenings is awesome. PLUS ICEHOGS. Cheap hockey to watch our prospects.
Don't hate on my town lol

My brother and his family go to Rockford every year for a charity men's league tournament, and always seem to have fun. I haven't been to Rockford, itself, but I've been in surrounding areas. Stayed at Killbuck Creek Estate for the weekend - Gallery | Kilbuck Creek a couple times. Once for my cousin-in-law's wedding, and once for his 30th birthday. Also fished the Kish a couple times around there. So I can't hate on Rockford.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
The Ice Hogs arena I think, maybe their practice facility? It has a small quarter size sheet of ice in it.

The BMO/Metro Center? depending on when it was lol. Otherwise there's Riverview which is where the Junior IceHogs play and I think the IceHogs use it as a practice facility.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
So when I got offered the job on Friday, they told me to just take the weekend or whatever to think about it. Guess I should have just said yes at that very moment, because now I’m anxious. Called at about 8:30 this morning to tell him I wanted the position, but it went to his voicemail. Left a message saying I wanted to talk about the offer, and I never heard back from him all day. Just tried again, but I got voicemail again. This time I just said I wanted the position, so that way he knew for sure.

I’m not really sure what to think. I mean I would think if something happened for whatever reason, they still would have reached out and told me. But come on, why can’t this just f***ing go smooth?!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So when I got offered the job on Friday, they told me to just take the weekend or whatever to think about it. Guess I should have just said yes at that very moment, because now I’m anxious. Called at about 8:30 this morning to tell him I wanted the position, but it went to his voicemail. Left a message saying I wanted to talk about the offer, and I never heard back from him all day. Just tried again, but I got voicemail again. This time I just said I wanted the position, so that way he knew for sure.

I’m not really sure what to think. I mean I would think if something happened for whatever reason, they still would have reached out and told me. But come on, why can’t this just ****ing go smooth?!

I would not worry at this point. Monday's are chaos for most people.

Reactions: Blue Liner

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I would not worry at this point. Monday's are chaos for most people.

100% false alarm on my part. I was sitting there thinking about when he called me last week, and he mentioned something along the lines of “if I don’t answer...”.. but then I don’t remember the rest. I was so excited at the moment, and he was throwing a lot of info about the job at me, it just must of went over my head.

That said, part of the reason I’m anxious like this is I was talking to two different companies when I graduated, and they both indicated they’d have a spot for me.. yet when I graduated, things fell through. So now I’m just super anxious about that stuff, and I got myself worked up. But im good now, and it makes more sense. I may look dumb for leaving two separate voicemails, but that’s not the end of the world - and one of them was me accepting the job, so that’s positive lol.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
This. I also would not call again if I were you. Give them a little time, especially given today is Monday.

Well, I gave them 8 hours in between calls, and I did tell him I would be calling today, so it’s somewhat understandable on my part. But oh well - don’t think it’s a huge issue. If they take away my offer because of that, I don’t think that’s a place I really would like all that much anyway lol

But yeah. I feel kinda stupid now that I remembered him saying something along those lines, but whatever. Not the end of the world.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Well, I gave them 8 hours in between calls, and I did tell him I would be calling today, so it’s somewhat understandable on my part. But oh well - don’t think it’s a huge issue. If they take away my offer because of that, I don’t think that’s a place I really would like all that much anyway lol

I'm not knocking the second call (though, I wouldn't have done it today but that's not the point) I'm just saying don't make a third one anytime soon. They'll get your messages and they know to get back to you. As others have said it's Monday and a workplace has a million other things going on besides getting to your call/message is all. Know how it is, you're anxious as f*** lol, We've all been there. Hell, I'm there right now myself. I know how you feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad