OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kid who drove me to high school at age 14 and 15 just got arrested for 5 felony drug charges. Wtf haha
I know a guy from my church youth group who killed a dealer over $200, a kid I played baseball with who murdered his abusive father, a kid who was a state wrestler with a crack addiction who stole his dad’s AK to sell for $600, a 21 year old classmate who sexually assaulted a 13 year old and several people who at one time were in my contacts list arrested for forgery/possession.

South side Chicago. Salt of the earth.

Reactions: ChiHawks10 and TLEH

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I know a guy from my church youth group who killed a dealer over $200, a kid I played baseball with who murdered his abusive father, a kid who was a state wrestler with a crack addiction who stole his dad’s AK to sell for $600, a 21 year old classmate who sexually assaulted a 13 year old and several people who at one time were in my contacts list arrested for forgery/possession.

Yeesh.... I don't think the South burbs are THAT bad (assuming you mean that)

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Freaking grub worms tearing up my lawn, damn it.

Next year, I have half a mind to just have the entire front yard torn up and to have new sod laid down.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yeesh.... I don't think the South burbs are THAT bad (assuming you mean that)
They’re not. I still live in Evergreen and my daughter goes to a good public school.

But people you grew up with being in legal trouble shouldn’t come to anyone as a massive surprise. It was jarring when the first few cases came out when I was 22. Now that I’m thirty and the rest came to light I’m not shocked.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Right there with you. Some even close family members. Just never know what kind of mental state guys or gals you know are in years later.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Basically Rozsival'd my ankle in my men's league game on Monday night. Though not the same way. Toe-picked on a 3 on 1 break with my brother and another teammate. I reached back to try and corral the puck after it rolled off the end of my stick as I was about to pass, toe-picked, and crashed into the boards behind the net with my ankle/foot folded underneath me... Ankle pain is the absolute worst... no hockey for me for the next couple months.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Basically Rozsival'd my ankle in my men's league game on Monday night. Though not the same way. Toe-picked on a 3 on 1 break with my brother and another teammate. I reached back to try and corral the puck after it rolled off the end of my stick as I was about to pass, toe-picked, and crashed into the boards behind the net with my ankle/foot folded underneath me... Ankle pain is the absolute worst... no hockey for me for the next couple months.

How many bones did you break?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
How many bones did you break?

None that I'm aware of. Resting it. Wrapping it. Using a walking boot. Didn't hit the doctor as I have full range of motion and it can bear weight, just walking with a limp because of pain. It has improved a lot since Monday night, just in a lot of pain. As is the norm with any ankle injury. If the pain and swelling continues to improve, I may have gotten off lucky with just a nasty sprain. Still gonna be off the ice for a couple months, I'd guess. If it doesn't get any better over the weekend, I'll hit the doc early next week to have it checked out. Seems/feels a lot like a high ankle sprain to me.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
None that I'm aware of. Resting it. Wrapping it. Using a walking boot. Didn't hit the doctor as I have full range of motion and it can bear weight, just walking with a limp because of pain. It has improved a lot since Monday night, just in a lot of pain. As is the norm with any ankle injury. If the pain and swelling continues to improve, I may have gotten off lucky with just a nasty sprain. Still gonna be off the ice for a couple months, I'd guess. If it doesn't get any better over the weekend, I'll hit the doc early next week to have it checked out. Seems/feels a lot like a high ankle sprain to me.

I would rather have a simple break in my ankle than a high ankle sprain.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
is there anyway to get rid of the constant, I MEAN CONSTANT!, popups on this site. Half the time you cannot even read anything on here.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Back from 7th anniversary trip to LA/Hollywood. Wife wanted to try the Coast Startlight train and ex post facto regretted it--since American trains are never on time and 36 hours on a train sucks. Food was excellent though. Would only recommend for short trips or serious train buffs--I can drive it in half the time.

Was majorly disappointed that Hedy Lamarr didn't have shoeprints at the Chinese Theater--and not just for the Blazing Saddles reference (That's Hedley!!!). Woman was an effing genius. Had fun in LA in the week that it was slightly cooler than Portland. High point for me was the La Brea tar pits...and my wife to her own surprise enjoyed it, too. Her high point was window shopping on Rodeo drive (since the price of a bottle of water there is the GDP of a small communist nation).

Followed that up with a turnaround to Seattle to watch the final in the Sox/Mariners series this past Sunday with family--where the Sox proceeded to get folded like lawn furniture.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm not the biggest fan of my job, but I certainly can't complain about how much PTO I accumulate. Even after taking three weeks off in the past few months for paternity leave stuff, I have 165 hours accrued. Not bad, not bad.

Reactions: BK and ChiHawks10

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Keystone is not even worthy of cheap college beer distinction.

No but they did introduce the world to the "bitter beer face"

giphy.gif

Reactions: Blue Liner and BK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad