OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Work set up human foosball this week and a March Madness style bracket. It was a stupid about of fun.

The one they rented was like a bounce house as the perimeter/fence. So awesome.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Be around more often, Courtzzzzz. Hold yourself accountable!

:sarcasm:

EDIT: Actually, no, you're better off being here less often. You are much smarter than most of the rest of us for doing so. Better for your health.

Haha, you're right about that. Being on here daily is something else :p
Most of y'all are great though.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Can’t wait until the currently paid for ads go away. Playoffs, draft, and free agency are always associated with this crap. Fifty percent of the time I’m clicking on the wrong thread or worse on an ad because the page jumps around so much. I’m sure that’s part of the strategy to get clicks on ads, though. Just pisses me off.:madfire:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Can’t wait until the currently paid for ads go away. Playoffs, draft, and free agency are always associated with this crap. Fifty percent of the time I’m clicking on the wrong thread or worse on an ad because the page jumps around so much. I’m sure that’s part of the strategy to get clicks on ads, though. Just pisses me off.:madfire:

Sign up as a sponsor for a whopping $1 a month, and you'll never have to worry about ads again. Just sayin.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Sign up as a sponsor for a whopping $1 a month, and you'll never have to worry about ads again. Just sayin.

As shitty as this site works I refuse to give them money to access it to make it a little less shitty to use. Absolutely not.

Reactions: Blue Liner

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
As ****ty as this site works I refuse to give them money to access it to make it a little less ****ty to use. Absolutely not.

:laugh:

I get it. I just look at it like this... I spend a lot of time on here. For a single dollar per month, I rarely have issues. Every once in a while with the big FA days, draft days, TDL days, there's some hiccups. But 99% of the time, it works flawlessly, and I don't ever have to look at a single ad.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I just want to stay logged in

You need to read some more on here. Haha. This has been gone over numerous times.(Ignore my dick-headed response if you've already done the below).

Try two things: Delete your entire browsing history/cached files for the browser you use for the site. Delete your "favorite" for the site in your browser, and recreate a new favorite.

It's related to the secure portion of the site being mandatory now(https instead of just http).

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Site did much better yesterday so that is encouraging

After the draft Fiasco I expected Tavares to kill HF

But it did very well overall yesterday with only a few minutes of struggle

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Blah... It's been so freaking hot out in TX, my utility bill is through the roof... $388 for gas and electric .:eek:

I set my AC to 75 during the day and 73 at night.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Blah... It's been so freaking hot out in TX, my utility bill is through the roof... $388 for gas and electric .:eek:

I set my AC to 75 during the day and 73 at night.

Been upper 90's with 75%+ humidity here in Chicago, too. Not looking forward to the electric bill, either. Though mine won't be $388. That's huge. How big is your house??

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Been upper 90's with 75%+ humidity here in Chicago, too. Not looking forward to the electric bill, either. Though mine won't be $388. That's huge. How big is your house??

Pinch under 3,000. We got hot really early this year. We have been 90+ since end of May.

I think each kwH is around .09-.10. We have cooperative down here so I'm forced to stick with one company .

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Pinch under 3,000. We got hot really early this year. We have been 90+ since end of May.

I think each kwH is around .09-.10. We have cooperative down here so I'm forced to stick with one company .

Yeah, that's the difference, lol. My electric bill is never over about $125 throughout the entire summer. Even when it's real hot. Only have about 1400 square feet, though.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So we have hardwood floors in our house, that were put in a year ago and noticed a few of the boards really starting to bow up. From doing a bit of reading online I went and got a hygrometer (measures humidity) in the house. It's been as high as like 65% since I got it last week. It's supposed to be in the 35-55% from what I read. Obviously the weather has been crazy recently though. I know some expanding of the boards is normal in the summer but this seems beyond that.

We have a guy coming soon to check the AC to make sure that is working properly as I read that is a good play to start with regards to diagnosing the problem. Ideally, it's a small fix to the AC to put out less humidity but I don't know how realistic that is. I can't say that I have a good grasp on any of this stuff and am just trying to take care of the problem before it ruins our floors.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So we have hardwood floors in our house, that were put in a year ago and noticed a few of the boards really starting to bow up. From doing a bit of reading online I went and got a hygrometer (measures humidity) in the house. It's been as high as like 65% since I got it last week. It's supposed to be in the 35-55% from what I read. Obviously the weather has been crazy recently though. I know some expanding of the boards is normal in the summer but this seems beyond that.

We have a guy coming soon to check the AC to make sure that is working properly as I read that is a good play to start with regards to diagnosing the problem. Ideally, it's a small fix to the AC to put out less humidity but I don't know how realistic that is. I can't say that I have a good grasp on any of this stuff and am just trying to take care of the problem before it ruins our floors.

The A/C should help with some dehumidifying. If it's not enough, make sure you keep your ceiling fans on, and look into purchasing a smaller dehumidifier for the house, and use it in the room that has the hardwood. Or put it in an area central to the rooms that have hardwood. Check the A/C filter to make sure it's not all clogged to hell, also. Make sure windows are sealed well, and caulk around them if not. They'll let humidity and moisture in.

The A/C doesn't "put out" humidity, really. All an A/C unit does is suck in air in the house, pass it over refrigerated cold coils, and then pump the cooled air back into the vents, while pumping the warm air to the outside.

I'd do this stuff before you have a HVAC tech come out and charge you to go through and look at stuff. Odds are you can resolve it on your own without a $150 house call from a HVAC tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->