OT: Anything Goes 31: Topicality Still Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I’d go for the jet ski and just for an hour or two, but I’m not the type to wants to spend all day on the water.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Any thought to the boat idea over the jet skis, though? Has she ridden one before, btw? If not, you may want to do as CS said, do 30 minutes on a big one, then split up onto separate ones for an hour after that or something along those lines. They're pretty straight forward, though. Steering like a bike/motorcycle. Throttle is a lever, brakes don't exist, just take your hand off the throttle. Have fun, they're a blast!

Just reserved one. He said the rain is no problem. It's actually going to be way cheaper than I thought...~$150 after taxes and whatnot for 1 hour of a tandem jet ski. It'll be no problem to switch off between the two of us riding and taking turns on our own.

Soooooo...WOOH! Jet Skis!

Reactions: ChiHawks10

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Anyone ride motorcycles here? I'm very, VERY seriously considering learning how to do it and get a bike

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Anyone ride motorcycles here? I'm very, VERY seriously considering learning how to do it and get a bike

Did the course. Got my license. Decided I didn't want to chance getting killed on the road. The course was fun tho.

Especially in Dallas, people suck at driving here, and yes, worse than Chicago drivers.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Would love to ride. Have thought about getting a bike a bunch of times. I've ridden dirt bikes, quads, etc. for a lot of my life. I just can't bring myself to buy one and get on the road with the crazies I see in the car every day. I'd rather not die due to other people's stupidity, if I can avoid it. So I stay off bikes on the road, and will likely never buy one.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Taking the girl out jetskiing Friday. Should I get a tandem jetski or two jet skis?

Jetskiing is fun if you have a destination in mind, or on a tour of an area. If it’s going back and forth the same couple hundred yards in front of your hotel or another small, predefined area, it gets boring kind of quickly.

Reactions: RayP and ColdSteel2

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really afraid of getting seriously hurt, or worse. It seems like a ton of excitement and fun though

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
My friends dad was a biker. He once told us its not if you crash and fall off your bike (I believer the term he used was "lay down your bike") its when.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Start with getting the license then rent one and see what it’s all about. I’ve heard the same things as others, you will fall multiple times.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really afraid of getting seriously hurt, or worse. It seems like a ton of excitement and fun though

Buy a dirtbike or quad and go trail ride. Then you don't have to worry about other cars and stupid people, just stationary objects like trees. Still get the same fun and excitement out of it. I love riding quads more than a dirtbike, even. And snowmobiles over all of the recreational vehicles, with the exception of boats.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just reserved one. He said the rain is no problem. It's actually going to be way cheaper than I thought...~$150 after taxes and whatnot for 1 hour of a tandem jet ski. It'll be no problem to switch off between the two of us riding and taking turns on our own.

Soooooo...WOOH! Jet Skis!

You get your ride in?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Yeah I trust my ability to ride a motorcycle... I don’t trust other drivers. Like just the other day I watched a lady on the phone blow a stop sign and t-bone another driver. She then got out of the car and started yelling at the other driver.

There’s a lot of crazy people and terrible drivers out there. I generally like to put my life in the hands of random people as little as possible, lol.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You get your ride in?

Just got a call saying they have to cancel due to severe weather...

giphy.gif

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah it's cool. I just wanted to surprise her with it and now it we'll have to do it some other time. Ohhhhh well

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The dog days: of summer seem to be here already. ..for a hockey fix all we have to look forward to once Development Camp for Hawks Prospects wrapped is the U-20 Summer Showcase tournament starting in a few days and then the Hlinka-Gretzy tournament (this time in Alberta not the Czech Rep.) for the next batch of u-18 guys which begins Aug.6th ...So we hope to see some Hawks draftees play in that u-20 Summer Showcase and then getting a look at some of the best prospects for the 2019 draft in the Hlinka Gretzky tornament in August ..

But meantime the White Sox are so far out there is no point watching them and since I do not care about any other baseball team,O am hardly watching any games of that slow sport...I do have my CFL football thank god (so far my Ottawa Rednlacks lead the East with a 3-2 record ...both loseesonly to Calgary who are the class of this league. . Johnny Manziel just got traded from Hamilton to Montreal and my Reddlacks play Montreal on August 11th ..so I expect Manziel to be starting at qb for Montreal by then after he has some time in the next weds to learn their system and play book. ..He was only the back-up qb in Hamilton who decided to stick with their #1 qb Masoli and grabbed a big haul in return for trading Manziel to a desperate Montreal team (the worst in the league so far) who really had nothing much at qb and so gave up 2 first round picks in future CFL drafts and gave up a pretty good starting Canadian DE in Jamal Westerman plus other phasers in order to get Manziel who they hope will be their qb solution and also drive the marketing to fill their stadium again. So we will see if Manziel can indeed become a star in the CFL now or not..But I do look forward to seeing him in person when Montreal visits Ottawa fort fat August 12th fame.

So what to do with not much sports to watch meantime (or until those u'20 andvu-18 tournaments start )?

WELL I have addictingly binge watching the season 13 ;14 and through episode 11 of season 15 (the current 2018 seadon) of BEAT BOBBY FLAY on Food Network via RogersbOn Demand here in Canada ...Also serially watch ed the entire 2016 season of Master Chef Australia through so far episode 45 (7 home cooks still remain at this point ) ..this showbiz being shown on Huston (another specialty food channel) and again I caught up by binge watching via the On Demand
function which comes with my Rogers Cable but now caught up I just look forward to the remains shows at their regular time slots as shown on Gusto...I also have been watch the new Gusto series Bonacini's Italy where chef Michael Bonacini cooks his way through his favourite recipes from each of the 15 regions of Italy ...and also the new series Nigella At My Table where famous English chef Nigella Lawson cooks up some faves for her herself and her friends at her home..

I hate to say it..but these food shows are a lot more enjoyable entertainment than watching the wretched incompetent hockey we got from the Blackhawks last season. .Makes me wonder if I will gave to endure that same torture again this coming season. IF THE Hawks could only win as many as Bobby Flay does (he seems to win over 80% of the time against his challengers on Beat Bobby Flay )!
And Nigella is such a beauty that who cares what she is cooking anyway?And Bonacini caresses and enjoys his Italian dishes so lovingly it just makes you want to put in the effort to duplicate his recipes.

SO dog days may be here but there are enough good things to be entertained with to take the mind of depressing things like the coming Blackhawks seadon or how long untill the White Sox be contend again ?...such depressibg thoughts like these can take the joy outbofbliving ..all I can say is Thang God we have food specialty channels where excellence execution can be found ..at least somebody can reach the top of their game and youvarextaken on that glorious ride with them as they demonstrate extraordinary skill knowledge and effort ...I just wish Toewsx ould do that again (OK ..I just had to get that dog in on the old $10.5..but he cannot cook either let alone play good hockey anymore ...somehow I like the inventions of Bobby Flay, Nigella Lawson, or the contestants on Master Chef (the Australian version is the best...better talent in home cooks,longer series with tougher tests than either the Gordon Ramsay led American version or the Canadian version with 3 top chefs including Bonacini) over the Vegan Non-GMO Organic Smoothie that Toewsxcoukd pretend is food ...now that really IS Depressing!

Now I know how to fix Toewsxcoukd! GET him off those horrible concoctions..Get him watching the food shows and let him take culinary lessons to learn about Real Food again ..such that if he can cook well and eat well he will fell well and play a lot better! How can anyone play well on a diet of Vegan Smoothie sludge? NO WAY ..Depressing ..We gotta Flavor him Up...Flay style! Get some foreign his belly ...where are this e chilies DE arvo? OR get him to bite into those luscious Italian courses Bonacini cooks ..anyone for Gnudi with spinach and ricotta or Osso Bucco or.your favourite pasta with a classic Bolognese sauce or then great dolce to finish with like nougat with chopped nuts ..Yum!

OR some of those decadent comfort food snacks and dinners Nigella prepares for her table at home .
These delights would surely get Toewsxcoukd of his doldrums..they would get anyone out of their funk and enjoying life again.

Toews is eating depressingly. .no wonder his play has suffered ...Manga boy! Mangia!

He us an athlete..he will burn off the calories..but Organic Smoothies?
That does not even cut it in Macchio Pucci!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Don’t know how old you are or what kind of circles you grew up in but that’s not that crazy. I’ve had teammates/friends/social aquantinces I grew up with commit murder, robberies, rape, drug felonies etc.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The dog days: of summer seem to be here already. ..for a hockey fix all we have to look forward to once Development Camp for Hawks Prospects wrapped is the U-20 Summer Showcase tournament starting in a few days and then the Hlinka-Gretzy tournament (this time in Alberta not the Czech Rep.) for the next batch of u-18 guys which begins Aug.6th ...So we hope to see some Hawks draftees play in that u-20 Summer Showcase and then getting a look at some of the best prospects for the 2019 draft in the Hlinka Gretzky tornament in August ..

But meantime the White Sox are so far out there is no point watching them and since I do not care about any other baseball team,O am hardly watching any games of that slow sport...I do have my CFL football thank god (so far my Ottawa Rednlacks lead the East with a 3-2 record ...both loseesonly to Calgary who are the class of this league. . Johnny Manziel just got traded from Hamilton to Montreal and my Reddlacks play Montreal on August 11th ..so I expect Manziel to be starting at qb for Montreal by then after he has some time in the next weds to learn their system and play book. ..He was only the back-up qb in Hamilton who decided to stick with their #1 qb Masoli and grabbed a big haul in return for trading Manziel to a desperate Montreal team (the worst in the league so far) who really had nothing much at qb and so gave up 2 first round picks in future CFL drafts and gave up a pretty good starting Canadian DE in Jamal Westerman plus other phasers in order to get Manziel who they hope will be their qb solution and also drive the marketing to fill their stadium again. So we will see if Manziel can indeed become a star in the CFL now or not..But I do look forward to seeing him in person when Montreal visits Ottawa fort fat August 12th fame.

So what to do with not much sports to watch meantime (or until those u'20 andvu-18 tournaments start )?

WELL I have addictingly binge watching the season 13 ;14 and through episode 11 of season 15 (the current 2018 seadon) of BEAT BOBBY FLAY on Food Network via RogersbOn Demand here in Canada ...Also serially watch ed the entire 2016 season of Master Chef Australia through so far episode 45 (7 home cooks still remain at this point ) ..this showbiz being shown on Huston (another specialty food channel) and again I caught up by binge watching via the On Demand
function which comes with my Rogers Cable but now caught up I just look forward to the remains shows at their regular time slots as shown on Gusto...I also have been watch the new Gusto series Bonacini's Italy where chef Michael Bonacini cooks his way through his favourite recipes from each of the 15 regions of Italy ...and also the new series Nigella At My Table where famous English chef Nigella Lawson cooks up some faves for her herself and her friends at her home..

I hate to say it..but these food shows are a lot more enjoyable entertainment than watching the wretched incompetent hockey we got from the Blackhawks last season. .Makes me wonder if I will gave to endure that same torture again this coming season. IF THE Hawks could only win as many as Bobby Flay does (he seems to win over 80% of the time against his challengers on Beat Bobby Flay )!
And Nigella is such a beauty that who cares what she is cooking anyway?And Bonacini caresses and enjoys his Italian dishes so lovingly it just makes you want to put in the effort to duplicate his recipes.

SO dog days may be here but there are enough good things to be entertained with to take the mind of depressing things like the coming Blackhawks seadon or how long untill the White Sox be contend again ?...such depressibg thoughts like these can take the joy outbofbliving ..all I can say is Thang God we have food specialty channels where excellence execution can be found ..at least somebody can reach the top of their game and youvarextaken on that glorious ride with them as they demonstrate extraordinary skill knowledge and effort ...I just wish Toewsx ould do that again (OK ..I just had to get that dog in on the old $10.5..but he cannot cook either let alone play good hockey anymore ...somehow I like the inventions of Bobby Flay, Nigella Lawson, or the contestants on Master Chef (the Australian version is the best...better talent in home cooks,longer series with tougher tests than either the Gordon Ramsay led American version or the Canadian version with 3 top chefs including Bonacini) over the Vegan Non-GMO Organic Smoothie that Toewsxcoukd pretend is food ...now that really IS Depressing!

Now I know how to fix Toewsxcoukd! GET him off those horrible concoctions..Get him watching the food shows and let him take culinary lessons to learn about Real Food again ..such that if he can cook well and eat well he will fell well and play a lot better! How can anyone play well on a diet of Vegan Smoothie sludge? NO WAY ..Depressing ..We gotta Flavor him Up...Flay style! Get some foreign his belly ...where are this e chilies DE arvo? OR get him to bite into those luscious Italian courses Bonacini cooks ..anyone for Gnudi with spinach and ricotta or Osso Bucco or.your favourite pasta with a classic Bolognese sauce or then great dolce to finish with like nougat with chopped nuts ..Yum!

OR some of those decadent comfort food snacks and dinners Nigella prepares for her table at home .
These delights would surely get Toewsxcoukd of his doldrums..they would get anyone out of their funk and enjoying life again.

Toews is eating depressingly. .no wonder his play has suffered ...Manga boy! Mangia!

He us an athlete..he will burn off the calories..but Organic Smoothies?
That does not even cut it in Macchio Pucci!

I do like Beat Bobby Flay.

Next level HF50.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Don’t know how old you are or what kind of circles you grew up in but that’s not that crazy. I’ve had teammates/friends/social aquantinces I grew up with commit murder, robberies, rape, drug felonies etc.
22. I’ve never known anyone to commit anything but drug crimes and I’m from Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad