Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I'm out of shows to watch so I'm giving Sense8 a try...... OOF that first eppy was boring. Six Feet Under is next on the list.

Maybe give the Wire and Fargo a looksy

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Six Feet Under starts off well but its later seasons the quality goes down

First few years are good though but I started losing interest in season 3 and by midway thru season 4 I had checked out

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Speaking of TV, I'm in the very underwhelmed stage with Archer. They've had two dream sequence seasons with...

Archer being in a coma

.... and in the final episode of this season they already made it clear that they're going to have a third season with that same format as well. Just seems like they want to make new shows but not create new characters.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
The first few seasons of Dexter were great, and the fourth season (I think the fourth - the one with John Lithgow) was one of the best seasons of TV, period. After that it went downhill fast.
Just started Dexter myself. Loving it 5 or so episodes in, but I've already had all the warnings I can handle from my friends about proceeding beyond season 4.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, I think that's my preference as well. Kind of doing that with Adult Swim stuff as of late especially.
Man Adult Swim is the sh*t, they have so many unique shows, plus i'm a big anime fan so Toonami has always been pretty dope. What shows you watching?

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Just started Dexter myself. Loving it 5 or so episodes in, but I've already had all the warnings I can handle from my friends about proceeding beyond season 4.

There's some real eye candy beyond season 4, and really I didn't mind going beyond season 4, although 1-4 were definitely more solid, with 4 being the best.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Got a 3 pound bone in prime ribeye to grill out tonight with friends, from a local butcher shop that is supposed to be as good as it gets.

And achiote & lime marinated pork chop.

And a chimichurri marinated half chicken.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I went with dry-aged NY strip steaks.

A kosher salt, pinch of truffle salt, and fresh pepper then an hour in the Sous Vide (finish quickly in the cast iron) and boom you have a perfect medium rare steak.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I only had one steak cooked via sous vide method and then finished on the grill and I hated it.

Love sous vide cooking (or however the proper way to say it is), just not with steaks.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I only had one steak cooked via sous vide method and then finished on the grill and I hated it.

Love sous vide cooking (or however the proper way to say it is), just not with steaks.

I always finish it in a cast iron skillet. I like steaks broiled, sous vide, or cooked in cast iron far more than grilled.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Do either of you use sous vide for fish or chicken? Any tips? I bought one a year ago and haven’t used it yet...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Do either of you use sous vide for fish or chicken? Any tips? I bought one a year ago and haven’t used it yet...

I do both. What brand did you get?

I sous vide anything I can, love the control.

Sea Bass is amazing in the sous vide.

Last edited:

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
A Quiet Place.... 10/10. Krasinski... Guy is the real deal.

Best movie I've seen in a long time (some plot holes but regardless )

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Going to Germany in August again and check out how ridiculous this was booking my flight. It was cheaper to fly to Billund,Denmark, which connects in Frankfurt, just skip the flight to Billund, than it was to book the same exact flight to Frankfurt without the connection.. by 600 dollars.

Makes absolutely zero sense. I mean literally the same exact flight number, 600 dollars cheaper with the second leg. Ass backwards.

So obviously I can’t check a bag and I booked two seperate one way tickets bc I’m afraid the airlines will get mad

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I do both. What brand did you get?

I sous vide anything I can, love the control.

Sea Bass is amazing in the sous vide.

Anova, although tbh I didn’t research at all. Impulse buy.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I always finish it in a cast iron skillet. I like steaks broiled, sous vide, or cooked in cast iron far more than grilled.

Then you're grilling wrong. ;)

Charcoal, not gas. Chimney to start, no lighter fluid. Super hot temp. Medium rare.

I'm messing around, btw. To each their own. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: