Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
That's a good point. Of course it was. It's a show, for entertainment purposes.

True, maybe I'm watching the wrong stuff then. Hell, I just finished Dexter and I thought that ending was subpar..... I was wrong. (great show, highly recommend it)

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
True, maybe I'm watching the wrong stuff then. Hell, I just finished Dexter and I thought that ending was subpar..... I was wrong. (great show, highly recommend it)
Dexter is outstanding. :thumbu: One of my favorite shows of all time.

Edited my prior post to include a spoiler as well.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Dexter is outstanding. :thumbu: One of my favorite shows of all time.

Thoughts on ending?

S1-S4 were brilliant. s1/s2 were my favs for sure, followed by s4. Doakes was awesome, killed him off too quick. Deb dying was messed up but I thought the scene where Dexter takes him and buries her in the ocean with his victims was one of the best scenes I have ever seen on TV. Also, when Dex/Bautista/Quinn were watching Dex murder Saxon and let him go, just top tier acting/TV. Lumberjack, sending Harrison to live with Hannah, Deb dying from a blood clot - not so much.

That's a good point. Of course it was. It's a show, for entertainment purposes. I still enjoyed it, though. I didn't think it was on the level of the first season, because the first season had so much mystery, and things leaving you on the edge of your seat, but it was still good, IMO.

And IDK. I'm sure numerous people have been talked out of doing something like that at one point or another. Now, obviously they weren't talked out of it on the door step, but I'm sure it has happened where a friend or relative talked someone out of doing something similar/stupid in the heat of emotions.

I see your edit...

Maybe, I'd like to think that you are right. Not sure why he would hunt the school and not just the 3 who did it to him. But anyways

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I thought Ep 12 was ****ed up... IMO, they went unnecessarily graphic and violent. (they went very dark with showing the rapes and suicide, but this was 1000x worse). A person would not get up after that attack, period. You would be hospitalized or dead. I believe that scene was based off real life story unfortunately, but still, I don't think anyone needed to watch it. I thought the ending was completely unbelievable. It seems the whole second season was contradicting the narrative set in the first season.

Can you give me cliffs on what happened in that scene? Curious but not enough to watch the season anytime soon.

Loved season one, just don’t have time for two anytime soon.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Thoughts on ending?

S1-S4 were brilliant. s1/s2 were my favs for sure, followed by s4. Doakes was awesome, killed him off too quick. Deb dying was messed up but I thought the scene where Dexter takes him and buries her in the ocean with his victims was one of the best scenes I have ever seen on TV. Also, when Dex/Bautista/Quinn were watching Dex murder Saxon and let him go, just top tier acting/TV. Lumberjack, sending Harrison to live with Hannah, Deb dying from a blood clot - not so much.

I see your edit...

Maybe, I'd like to think that you are right. Not sure why he would hunt the school and not just the 3 who did it to him. But anyways

I was a huge fan of the first few seasons, and got to just casually watching the last few not being nearly as into it. I thought the ending was kinda goofy, in general, but I understood why it all went the way it did.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Can you give me cliffs on what happened in that scene? Curious but not enough to watch the season anytime soon.

Loved season one, just don’t have time for two anytime soon.

Removing

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

The first few seasons of Dexter were great, and the fourth season (I think the fourth - the one with John Lithgow) was one of the best seasons of TV, period. After that it went downhill fast.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I've started watching Fauda, which is the Israeli show upon which Homeland is based. It's fantastic. Highly recommend.

What network or service?

I could not get past the first season (maybe first episode) because Claire Dames character was so irrational. haha.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
What network or service?

I could not get past the first season (maybe first episode) because Claire Dames character was so irrational. haha.

Fauda is on Netflix. I personally prefer watching it with subtitles as opposed to the dubbing, fwiw.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Fauda is on Netflix. I personally prefer watching it with subtitles as opposed to the dubbing, fwiw.

Yeah I don't like dubbing either. I don't speak a second language (some french but just the basics) but I enjoy watching movie in their native language with subtitles, there is an elegance to it for me that makes it enjoyable.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
The first few seasons of Dexter were great, and the fourth season (I think the fourth - the one with John Lithgow) was one of the best seasons of TV, period. After that it went downhill fast.

Trinity was a perfect match for Dexter (Lithgow was amazing cast). The ending was incredible. However, not sure the season as a whole surpassed S1/S2 for me. Really really really good show. Gives Breaking Bad a run for it's money.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Breaking Bad was a show that I marathoned the first season in essentially one sitting, was gung ho about it, and then just lost interest as I didn't want to follow it on a week by week basis. I had intended to follow it, but then the show apparently flew by I got everything spoiled as the series ended.

Same essentially for Game of Thrones. Haven't seen a single episode, but I essentially know everything that's happened already.

I also marathoned the first season of Westworld and will almost assuredly try to do the same in the future as well with the second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->