Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I’m actually doing some landscaping and painting right now. Pays cash, and a pretty solid rate (better than State Farm, actually haha), so I’m definitely not in a situation where I need a job as soon as possible.

I have decided to decline the offer and hope all goes well with the bank. They asked me back for a second interview, so I just need to keep doing what I’ve been doing, and I think I should be able to pull it off. If not, I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing now, and something will come around eventually.

Weird situation to be in, but I am thankful that I at least have places interested in me - and also some work to do while I figure it out. Not everyone is that blessed.

Good call, especially if you have a solid source of income in the meantime. Best of luck, man.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Speaking of jobs, I have an interview tomorrow........ where my wife works.

Still unsure how I feel about that, but we would be in entirely different departments. Not to mention the pay increase would be very, very significant.
Personally, if there's like zero contact between you both I think it would be okay...as long as you can safely vent about the BS you have to deal with every day to her and vice-versa.

But if a conflict of interest arises...nothing good comes of that.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I didn’t do it with a spreadsheet, but I talked to one of my best buddies and my dad about it. I have my whole life ahead of me, so I may as well shoot for the job I want more right now. I didn’t see State Farm as something I’d probably end up doing long-term, where I see more of that potential with the bank job. Of course, that could totally be wrong, but I may as well shoot for the job I want more right now, and see where things go. Have plenty of years ahead to figure things out.

Yeah, if you’re not desperate for a paycheck, take a bit of time to find something you’ll enjoy. It’s all the difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille