Anyone else going down with the ship?

horner

May 22, 2007
Letter to the
Toronto Maple Leafs

I have been a fan of this team since the 70's.
I blame my late grandfather for getting my heart attached to this team . Love you to death pop.
I have heard all the jokes.
I have heard all the excuses.
I have lived through the Ballard era.
I watched Punch Imlach dismantled a team that had a chance to win the cup.
We had a chance to build a team the right way drafting Mathews still remover getting the first overall pick . It was our cup victory .
We jumped the gun on the rebuild.
We have a gm that wants to experiment with this team know .
I didn't ask for you to experiment with my dream.

Now iam embarrassed again wondering if I will see a cup before I die.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
After almost 40 years cheering for the Leafs, I won't stop being a fan, but I now have become sort of numb watching them lose, so it doesn't hurt as much.
At the same time, I can't say I jump for joy with each goal or each win tbh.
I also finally decided not to renew my NHL CI next year. Not till they ice a team that I can be proud about.

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
I still wear Leafs’ underwear older than 90% of the present day Buds... so, yeah, I’m in it for the long haul.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Team has had its worst injury and goaltending problems in years and is still in a playoff spot.

Could be wrong but I'm gonna keep the faith and think they might be better than many give them credit for.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You take the good
You take the bad
You take em both
And there you have...

THE FACTS OF LIFE.

Always will be a Leafs fan. It's where I grew up. That's my home. It's never going to not be those things. This is always my team regardless of how angry, frustrated or embarrassed I am.

Reactions: therealkoho

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
This is a funny question to ask Leaf fans. Of course we are going down with the ship, we are Leaf fans

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I've survived many many shipwrecks, and as such I've become an excellent swimmer, this is just another one

they'll win the next two and LeaFlanders will put away the pitchforks start with the parade plans, firework's and poetic adulation, which will then end the moment the Nux smoke em by 7 goals

it's just what Leafs fandom is about

SoCal Leafs

Jul 1, 2018
So Cal
As bad as the vast majority of my 40+ seasons of being a Leafs fan has been, with all of this season's disappointments and especially the embarrassment of the last week, I still can't see myself ever not cheering for this team, or cheering as wholeheartedly for another as I do for them. It's probably not healthy but I think I'll always be a Leafs fan.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I’ve been following the Leafs for 20 years. There’s no way I’d be here if I didn’t love the pain.

Hockey fandom is a hobby and it’s supposed to be fun. This season hasn’t been fun so if some people want to do something else for a while or whatever, that’s their business. My business involves disgusting masochism through Maple Leafs, so I’ll be cheering them on forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad