Anyone else going down with the ship?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Ok, I thought it was a good term to use. My bad. I am not a "drama queen", just used a term. You don't care, you don't care, that's fine. I care, so I wanted to see who is in the same boat as I. Nobody is literally going to drown, lol. This does not impact my personal life. I am just curious to see who is still invested in this team and will watch to the bitter end.

Didn't mean to be that harsh, it was intended to be funny.

Look, I've been watching them since around 1969.......I'm still happy when they win, but there's been a lot of losing, so no big deal any more

In the end, it's just entertainment.

Reactions: bax

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
The f*** is this shit
This is fandom bro

To the jumpers
original.gif

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Oh come on, let's be honest. We will all be watching all the way!
Train wrecks and car crashes always attract a crowd. People can't stop watching even though they know what's going to happen.

Lots of people will watch with bated breath here too.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
It's easy to understand we dont have a legit backup and Andersen out was a big blow. Add Rielly out and we dont have the D depth to deal with injuries. Add in some other setbacks. But at the end of the day,

The core players dont really care about winning.

Why would they ? They get paid regardless. Fans are annoying. The players know it's all about money for the owners. It's a business more than a sport. So what's left for them ? Having fun with teammates .. sure. Enjoying being young and rich ? ... sure. Playing the game ? Yes, but not everyone loves Sport for it's own sake. Not many people put in effort all the time in anything. Players that really care about winning are the exceptions, not the rule. And this team's core players are talented, but aren't the driven to win players needed to get to the next level. Matthews has a nice shot, but isn't a leader. JT has a newborn and doesnt lead the dressing room other than being a good example. Marner seems to be driven but isnt playing well this year and took a contract that shows he doesnt care about winning a cup. Everything about William Nylander screams "Lack of Urgency".

And playing in this city must take it's toll on players.

I think Toronto ML winning anything depends on getting rid of the salary cap. I doubt the owners will relent.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
They're too frustrating right now. Will likely just follow along with the box score.

that's me right now as well.

I can't seem to watch more then a period of hockey without getting aggravated or bored.

I would normally watch 82 games but with more hectic things going on in life, i'm not going to prioritize watching this mediocre team. I've watched maybe 7 games this year which is way down for me.

Reactions: Jmo89

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Didn't mean to be that harsh, it was intended to be funny.

Look, I've been watching them since around 1969.......I'm still happy when they win, but there's been a lot of losing, so no big deal any more

In the end, it's just entertainment.

Well said.

Ive also been watching since about 1969 so I'm pretty sure I'm a lifer. This is still a team stacked with talent, I'm not giving up.

Nylander on the ice today, he's my new favourite player. Wonder what the others are doing today, meditating?

Tavares should be gathering everyone together, decide as a group that this will never happen again, say so and issue a public apology to the fans and donate their pay for that game to charity. Until these clowns respect themselves and each other it's going to be hard for me to respect them.

Bluebear

Nov 30, 2018
It's just entertainment, I like watching hockey so gonna keep watching and cheering. People are too quick to want to fire management and resort to dramatic tantrums. A guy could become a gm, run a team for 31 years Win the cup in year 31 and miss the playoffs 15 of those 31 seasons and still be above average.
edit Staring next year with Seattle,, now it would be 30 and 14

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I ain't going anywhere. Not with all this talent we finally have. They just need some slaps and maturing. It's just hard, because we were told we're paying a premium on these young players because they're supposed to be their best during the ages of 20-24. When really it might look like they'll have that much craved team success when they're 25+.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I have decided to go down with the ship. It's hard to just abandon ship. I wanna see where things go from here. It's hard to stop watching when you are so invested. I have come this far, may as well stay on. Anyone else? If you found a lifeboat, that's great too.

If these players don't get it done, they will get replaced. If management can't get it done, it will be replaced too. But the organization is constant. I am invested in the organization, not in the people who run it or the players that play.

For sure. Unfortunately, I have no choice in the matter, it's in my blood.

After witnessing the Ballard era and the last 15 years, I'm amazed I still have a full head of hair.

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
I was just telling my wife...I’m so invested into this team that I can’t give up now.... but what hurts is the big 4 make 40 mil and care less than I do which sucks. All the time and effort we put in and these guys took the day off today...I didn’t take the day off for this team....I spent the day thinking about them and what we need to do. It breaks my heart to know that I may never watch this team win a cup...not if we continue down this path. It’s the same crap year in and year out. We rush rush rush. We’ve never been patient. Sad reality settling in...I hope I’m wrong

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I can have no love for the management, coaching and most of the players but I'll always love the laundry. They wear cool jerseys.

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
For sure. Unfortunately, I have no choice in the matter, it's in my blood.

After witnessing the Ballard era and the last 15 years, I'm amazed I still have a full head of hair.
Lucky! I lost my hair but not totally sure the leafs are the reasons ...they definitely helped

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I was just telling my wife...I’m so invested into this team that I can’t give up now.... but what hurts is the big 4 make 40 mil and care less than I do which sucks. All the time and effort we put in and these guys took the day off today...I didn’t take the day off for this team....I spent the day thinking about them and what we need to do. It breaks my heart to know that I may never watch this team win a cup...not if we continue down this path. It’s the same crap year in and year out. We rush rush rush. We’ve never been patient. Sad reality settling in...I hope I’m wrong
I believe it's one of those CBA-mandated days off.

I read that on twitter.

If Keefe had his way they'd definitely be practising today.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
This is a case of immaturity for the most part from a team thats core is mostly made up of younger players . No excuses just reality sadly.
This team for the time being just has to take their lumps and hope to learn from them .
(hopefully sooner than later)

I look at the remaining season rather theres a playoffs or not as just an extended time to learn how to not play if you want to be a successful team

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Not gonna lie I had fun and laughed so hard when the leafs lost to their own zamboni driver. It was actually quite entertaining and thats why we watch hockey in the first place for entertainment

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Im ok with it.... always been uneasy about the team, feel like the cast isnt right. We have some good parts to continue forward with and good tradeable assets. But something has been off about these players for some time. Lets just say im not shocked with where we are at. I think this is a valuable lesson for the kids, they have gotten everything they asked for, new cosch, more minutes, the linemates they wanted...and they are being embarrassed. Maybe its a reality check. Dubas i think is learning fast too... a steady backup after over a season without one, finally got a bit of a face puncher....etc etc. Tomorrow could be better because of this season then it wouldve been without this adversity.

Would like to recoup a nhl ready prospect/player or a player with term for Barrie....and not lose Kadri for nothing. If we make the playoffs, it is a bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad