Anyone else going down with the ship?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I have decided to go down with the ship. It's hard to just abandon ship. I wanna see where things go from here. It's hard to stop watching when you are so invested. I have come this far, may as well stay on. Anyone else? If you found a lifeboat, that's great too.

If these players don't get it done, they will get replaced. If management can't get it done, it will be replaced too. But the organization is constant. I am invested in the organization, not in the people who run it or the players that play.

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
Sometimes being a fan means you have to make the hard choices about how you spend your time.

I'm not going anywhere, but I really don't blame anyone who decides to call it a day. It's exhausting being a Leafs fan.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Delete.........Post came out wrong, my bad

Last edited:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'll cover my eyes at the scary parts, but I'm not going to turn off the movie. I could never cheer for another team. I'm sure I'll ride out the rest of the year watching half games and following along via here and my phone

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
That’s how I feel about the Leafs.

If you support a club for its Legends, One day these Legends will retire.
If you support a club for its Stars, one day these Stars will depart.
If you support a club for its Glory, there will come dark days that will test your Loyalty.
If you support a club because that Crest engraved in your heart, then no matter how many Legends and Stars leave, your devotion shall remain Unbroken!

Attachments

• 697CB1DA-9C9C-4531-9E2F-53E98DFD2213.png
    697CB1DA-9C9C-4531-9E2F-53E98DFD2213.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

filthyMitz

Feb 5, 2018
Indiana
Staying strong, can’t imagine just giving up completely. I’m all for keeping this thread as a level headed way to discuss the team going forward.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This isn’t some kind of cult. Its your team or it isn’t. I’m not a fair weather friend to this team. I don’t abandon and i am happy when things that are meant to happen, just happen. Its awesome it was the easiest $500 the Zamboni driver ever made. ;)

Reactions: Jojalu

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Watch them...............Don't watch them.........Who cares

Going down with the ship :biglaugh:

Man we have drama queens...........it's a hockey team FFS

Ok, I thought it was a good term to use. My bad. I am not a "drama queen", just used a term. You don't care, you don't care, that's fine. I care, so I wanted to see who is in the same boat as I. Nobody is literally going to drown, lol. This does not impact my personal life. I am just curious to see who is still invested in this team and will watch to the bitter end.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
I'm not switching teams. At this point i have seen it all with the Leafs. I will watch just to hope they do something postive. It's like being a Browns fan. Leafs are a factory of sadness.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This isn’t some kind of cult. Its your team or it isn’t. I’m not a fair weather friend to this team. I don’t abandon and i am happy when things that are meant to happen, just happen. Its awesome it was the easiest $500 the Zamboni driver ever made. ;)

Oh and by the way, we are still holding a playoff seed :) shoot i quoted myself ha, meant to edit

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It could be a death cult really.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I know right, who posts here and isn’t going to watch. Or at least check your phone when you’re out. We’re the hapless diehards.

I care as much as the players. Look at the scores, flip over, watch them geting worked over, watch something else

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Of course I'll keep watching! But that upcoming California trip is going to be tough to stay up for.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Looks like it. Players I have had an attachment to over the years have been traded or have retired. A ten season stretch of no playoff berths was broken up only by that one achieved during the shortened 2012-2013 season. All with the hope that just maybe any given year will be the year. It was never going to be easy. If and when though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad