Anyone else going down with the ship?

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Did I want the Leafs to win? Sure A great opportunity squandered? Absolutely. A crushing blow? Yes. Will I get over it?...No. But life goes on... not for me.

Reactions: hockeyes

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
i will always be a leafs fan over being an nhl fan

the only thing that changes is how closely i watch them. night like last make it hard to watch. im gonna take the next couple games off

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
ain't no life boats or vests on this titanic
Leaf fans will be here longer than this group. And/or already have been.

You don’t always get the rebuild right in every aspect on the first try.

Colorado went from Stastny/O’Reilly/Duchene to what they have now.

Out were guys like a Kessel/Thornton/Seguin/Hamilton in Boston.

Edmonton still trying to piece it together.

It’s the right combo of will/skill and team gel. These guys don’t seem to care. Until they either change or are changed, we ride it out. Maybe/maybe not JT is signed again at the end. Maybe/maybe not Matthews goes USA. Who knows, but if they don’t care, sad for us.

Reactions: Jojalu and smitty10

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
I have been watching the leafs since I was around 8 years old.

But I find I dont care about the team as much as I used to, it's more of a habit to watch the games tbh.

I'll still watch for the rest of the season but the past 2 years are definitely straining my affection for this franchise.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
The season isn't over. It was one really prophetic feeling game.

We're in a playoff spot and hopefully Dubas can strengthen some of the weaknesses tonight/tomorrow.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I've been a Kansas City Chiefs fan for 30 years and endured some brutal heartbreak in that time. Watching them win the Super Bowl this year was glorious, life-affirming.

I long for the day the Leafs get to the top of the mountain and can only hope I'm still around to celebrate with my son when that day comes. If I am, part of me will be thinking about last night among all the other horrors we've endured along the way.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I really think Leafs players should read this thread post by post before every single game and read it again after each game.
If this don’t motivate them, nothing will.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I'm still 100% going to keep watching the games and following it closely.

However, I'm most likely going to step back from going on HFBoards for a bit. It doesn't have anything to do with Saturday's loss, just a good coincidence/timing. I'll see you guys come playoff time, I'll be back on here!

(Watch me be back in a few days :laugh:).

Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Leaf fans will be here longer than this group. And/or already have been.

You don’t always get the rebuild right in every aspect on the first try.

Colorado went from Stastny/O’Reilly/Duchene to what they have now.

Out were guys like a Kessel/Thornton/Seguin/Hamilton in Boston.

Edmonton still trying to piece it together.

It’s the right combo of will/skill and team gel. These guys don’t seem to care. Until they either change or are changed, we ride it out. Maybe/maybe not JT is signed again at the end. Maybe/maybe not Matthews goes USA. Who knows, but if they don’t care, sad for us.

no need to soothe me with sweet lies, I'm going down with the ship.

Reactions: Superstar

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Of course. I love this team... it's like a terrible addiction.

Plus I have a 1 month old so what else am I going to watch staying in all the time?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I have been going down with the leafs ship for over 20 years so yes. Not an easy schedule for the boys from here on out though. This last stretch that they shit the bed one was likely their easiest stretch of the year

I’m actually going to the game next Saturday

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll always cheer for the Leafs can't help myself. Won't be disappointed if there's another lockout to give myself a break from my misery in the next few years though lol.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I’m born and raised a leaf fan. I understand the hate for the leafs runs deep for non leaf fans and the pain runs deep for true leaf fans. I’ll stand and fight till the day I die. I feel for my dad, his patience is unbelievable and I hope they make it in the next 20 or so years.

Leaf players and management need to realize that they’re not on a normal NHL team. Everyone will always bring their A game against us no matter which era. The refs will always find a way to make a call against us at the worst time. The DOPS will always find a way to suspend a key player at a key time. Hell even the commissioner is against us.

It’s us against the world and the organization still hasn’t realized it, only the true fans know.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
What gets me through crap times like this is the fact that eventually, all terrible teams win a title. When we do, HFBoards will break down. Sens fans and Jets fans and Habs fans and Bruins fans will hide away all summer for our legendary celebration. We will show the world what a championship victory actually looks like.

And I will be there, laughing menacingly at all the envious fair weather fans that dipped to other teams.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Likely most of us in late March after yet another Marincin mistake.

giphy.gif

url

But let's be honest, we aren't going anywhere. :help:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'd much prefer being able to throw this team in a bin. This team just doesn't care. How much investment should we really be putting into this? If I can drag myself into a lifeboat to just groan and throw up into the ocean for a while I'll probably take that. Probably won't work. But if I can, then it probably will be a very relaxing remainder of the season.

This roster just doesn't deserve the fanatic and incredible loyalty they get from being Leafs. But they have it. They'll always have it from millions of people. But trying? Just putting in a half-decent effort? That's just too much from them.

Bold prediction, the Leafs are winning the cup in 2020.
Maybe in "Be a GM mode." Or whatever they call it now, I haven't actually bought the last few NHL games. Those help all the more since you as the player can actually inflict will upon the game and try to win :).

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
I have decided to go down with the ship. It's hard to just abandon ship. I wanna see where things go from here. It's hard to stop watching when you are so invested. I have come this far, may as well stay on. Anyone else? If you found a lifeboat, that's great too.

If these players don't get it done, they will get replaced. If management can't get it done, it will be replaced too. But the organization is constant. I am invested in the organization, not in the people who run it or the players that play.
Yes, it is the blue and white that we love, but this is the first Leaf team in my 50 plus years as a fan that I have disliked. I hated Ballard, but loved the team. The JFJ move, Ron Wilson, Burkie. All twits, but still loved the team (well not the Phaneuf/Kessell team). But this team REEKS of entitlement. From Dubas, to Babcock, down to the Richie Rich kids

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad