OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
The Oiler games were awful. I watched EDM-MTL and it was the same thing. Edmonton with about 5 more PPs than the Habs, with a lot of them being weak calls. MTL beat the refs/edm by scoring 2 shorties. Last night, EDM got about 6 more powerplays than Ottawa, until the game was like 8-3, and then Ottawa got some. It's been a problem. You'd think EDM is drawing these because McDavid, but that isn't the case. I don't see the league rigging anything for a small market Alberta team, even if they have McDavid. I just don't get it. No other team I've watched this year gets the refs advantage like the Oilers do. 6 games I've watched and in all 6 it's been like the refs are on their payroll.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
It's possible I've been using the term wrong my whole life, but I don't thinjk it requires a conspiracy. I use jobbed as a synonym for "screwed over"
No idea. Conspiracy was in the definition posted earlier.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He was just trying to be like McDavid, and because he wasnt as powerful with the hold, he got a penalty.

Thats how you do it man.

That was a pretty bad hold. You clearly see Tavares' shoulder reach out and hold McDavid's arm. Even causes him to spin around twice. Refs are usually all over those calls :sarcasm:

Reactions: Zybalto

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
This is now the 3rd year in a row, not a small sample size, it has not and doesn't look like it will even out.
It's been since Matthews and Marner first joined the team. Going on 5 years now.

The Leafs are the only skilled team in the NHL who has a negative power play to penalty ratio. Said ratio is the kind of ratio that BAD teams normally get...

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
For me it is call the cross checks. That Montreal game was nauseating watching Weber and Chiarot cross check away at our NHL superstar in front of the net who should be protected.

Auston Matthews takes series of cross checks in front of Canadiens net - Sportsnet.ca
This article has Leafs talking about the cross checks. They wanted consistency. Well thats never happened. KOSHAN: Attention won't make Matthews cross, but a call or two would bring a smile | Toronto Sun

Auston 316

Jun 25, 2016
Think its more about incompetency but it really does feel like we're the Barry Horowitz's of the hockey world according to the refs ATM.
I’d be ok with that if the Leafs actually were a bunch of Barry Horowitzs lol....right now it feels more like Stone Cold getting jobbed by vinny’s corporation lol

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
So which is it, incompetent refs or a planned approach to keeps the Leafs down?

Reactions: ACC1224

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
NHL news and rumours: February 2021.

The NHL has released a Braille Edition of the rules for referees that get assigned to all Leafs games in 20/21 season.

Tough times during Covid19 has seen Nhl Head office hit with some of the same financial difficulties as small bisinesses.Referees service dogs are no longer covered under there benifits, contact lenses and red/white walking canes are only covered at 50% for any refs considered legally blind in Canada.

There will only be 1 driver per game crew to drive vision impaired crews to and from the arena. The league’s refereeing will become significantly better when ground barking training to have service dogs trained in skating. These dogs will be no different than their owners in any way and will be fully capable of Barking at Leafs players who aren’t happy with call against them.

Players have been advised to allow more room to refs rubbing the puck around on the ice. The league doesn’t want players skating on refs contact lenses if possible.

The Reffing crew from the last edmonton game are asking staff of the Edmonton oilers to please return the glass eye that was blown clear out of it’s socket from the effect of the tornado like wind forces caused from Mikheyev catching a rut in the ice when trying to go around Darnell Nurse. The ref only has one replacement but its the wrong colour as it must have got mixed up with another refs gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: willmma

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I think this thread is a terrible idea. Being a ref is a very difficult job and I think there is a lot of factors that go into why Toronto doesn't get penalty calls.

With that said, and in my honest opinion, there is only 1 video that can be shown and it is this one. It happened in front of the ref but if you notice the grab happened behind the body and the closest ref didn't get the greatest look but I still feel there was enough to call that. It took away a scoring opportunity and it was kind of dangerous, it should have been called

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I would like everyone to link all video of Refs ignoring penalties against the Leafs in this thread. Also any blatant wrong or bad calls video too would be great Every link is very much appreciated. I think we need a catalog of every penalty they are ignoring and we will figure out later what we can do with it. I’ve had enough. Another poster posted a really good link recently that shows who is reffing every game i will link it here. Lol yes i have called it a injury report lol. The refs are hurting our team worse than injuries.
Put every proof of abuse from officials in here. I will research a effective petition and proper place to possibly send all the video. I plan on exposing the cheats and all you can help. Lets do it keep doing it the entire year.

Here is the link for info on all refs in every game. Scouting The Refs just punch any date you want for games in to the search and the refs for the games that day will come up.

What exactly is your plan for exposing the refs?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What exactly is your plan for exposing the refs?
Marshy said he could send it off to try get some exposure in the media. ( not sure and can’t speak for him)Why. A petition. Its great everyone can simply find all the bad calls or non calls in one place too. I would love a mainstream media to just put all the video evidence out and question it.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Marshy said he could send it off to try get some exposure in the media. ( not sure and can’t speak for him)Why. A petition. Its great everyone can simply find all the bad calls or non calls in one place too. I would love a mainstream media to just put all the video evidence out and question it.

exposure in the media?

this place is the best!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
exposure in the media?

this place is the best!
It’s early, there will be plenty more bad and missed calls in here first. It’s a easy reference thread too. We won’t have to go off of memory when it keeps happening. If you don’t think it’s useful thats fine

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Theres no chance its a conspiracy particularly against the Leafs. The Zebras are just plain awful is the problem. This could happen to any team for an extended period, any time, just by chance.

Think of it this way. The refs screwed up the game two days ago hard. Everyone was complaining.

How the hell do you not call Soup on that (speaking of wrestling moves) diving one armed tackle by Nurse? I would hope the ref had a strip tore off him but I don't see any evidence of that happening....and I don't like how our media doesn't call it out which doesn't help either. It's the worst conspiracy ever if they were gunning specifically at the Leafs.

Maybe the refs needed a training camp too or something.
Maybe they need to stop being coddled and have to answer questions post game too...seeing as they affect too many games more so than the teams on the ice

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

I still don't understand the plan.

Does someone have Daly or Bettman's private email? Other then fantasy how will this be implemented? So far it's just a mish mash thread for passionate leaf fanatics.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I still don't understand the plan.

Does someone have Daly or Bettman's private email? Other then fantasy how will this be implemented? So far it's just a mish mash thread for passionate leaf fanatics.

John Scott made the All-Star team as a write-in vote because of a social media push. Leaf Nation is massive. If we see a pattern of certain refs blowing obvious calls or failing to call sure penalties - all it would take is one retweet by the right person to shine a light on the incompetent ref.

I've seen some despicable calls so far this season with the Leafs getting the short end of the stick on the regular. Maybe it normalizes to the mean. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it gets worse. We'll see but sooner or later if this trend continues the League will not want Toronto as a statistical anomaly. That won't escape media scrutiny. Rogers has Bettman's number.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Yes, Rogers Media has Bettman's number....

and they are just waiting for the right social media tweet to use it.

yah, that's it. :)

I swear Covid has really dumbed down this place.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
So which is it, incompetent refs or a planned approach to keeps the Leafs down?

Its incompetent reffing.

Its not easy being a ref in any league as everything has gotten faster and plays more scrutinized.

Remember when the NFL had those replacement refs and everything went to hell? They were the second best crew they could find in the biggest money league in the world and it was a trainwreck.

Now imagine then NFL kept the replacements on when the other guys came back and even though they kept screwing up, they defended and even praised them and even decided to start dictating what should be called over other things at various points based on public pressure....and don't even get me started on obvious game management.

There's a bigger discussion to be had here but I don't like it watching my soft skilled team be worst in the league for penalty differential through obviously bad reffing.

Right now other teams get 3 minutes more powerplay time a game than we do and we have to watch weak call after weak call while other teams are throwing one armed tackles on scoring chances and knee drops on injured goalies, etc.. to blank stares from the refs.

Thats why these threads are popping up. I'm sure it will calm back down as every team will fall victim to this just by chance but, never mind the fans, its probably incredibly frustrating to the team and will affect performance.

Reactions: IPS

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Yes, Rogers Media has Bettman's number....

and they are just waiting for the right social media tweet to use it.

yah, that's it. :)

I swear Covid has really dumbed down this place.

Ok. So why hasn't it happened?

There seems to be an implication of a leaf fan pressure / possible boycott.

Can someone please tell me when this has happened in the history of sports. When has fan pressure ever lead to Ted Rogers phoning Bettman and turned referees to favor Toronto?

If you've ever had a father as a leaf fan then you'll know about the world wide conspiracy of refs calling against TOR. I just see this thread as a funny spin off to that claim. IMHO.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
For years I thought they were getting bad calls against them when playing American teams only. Now Leafs are not even playing American teams and the bad calls are still there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad