OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We need video of the phantom Kerfoot slash and Kyle Connor running Andersen and taking Holl to the box with him :) also the no calls on the cross checks that injured Matthews against montreal.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I would do way more work linking this stuff but I don’t have twitter or facebook or any of that stuff and i can’t link stuff because of that. Again appreciate everyone adding video links.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Small sample size. It will even out IMO.

Let’s hope we get made whole in the playoffs ;)
Ya I am usually on this side of the argument, but its been 8/10 games where we have had less time on the PP than our opponent. And one of the 2 times we had an even amount. If you look at PP TOI/G you will see the 2 lowest totals in the north division are Toronto (4:24/g) and Montreal (6:02/g). conveniently the #1 and #2 teams in the div. Toronto happens to rank 3rd in the division for most TOI w/ the lead at 18:01/G and Montreal ranks 1st in that category with 24:25/G. Its just way too convenient in my mind. By no means did we deserve to win yesterday, so us not getting a call on the Nurse play was probably poetic justice for getting a loser pt. Nonetheless, this needs to be cleaned up by the league in my mind. Its pathetic

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
As a fan of the leafs, when I watch the games, and see something go down that should be a penalty against the leafs, I say to myself “oh shit, we got away with one there”....I may have said that 3 times this year

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Small sample size. It will even out IMO.

Let’s hope we get made whole in the playoffs ;)

I agree, I think the penalty discrepancy is just a weird anomaly so far... the bigger issue, which has been the case for years, is game management, such that more disciplined teams (which we typically are) draw fewer penalties because they're also taking fewer penalties, so refs aren't looking for makeup calls. We're bottom of the league in power plays year after year, despite the fact that we play a fast, skilled, finesse game, that should translate to more drawn calls.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Lehtonen's viscous penalty in front of the net

McDavid also elite at other things

Reactions: OddyOh

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I call it as I see it and have never thought the Leafs were jobbed (outside of Boston but that happens to every team), but this year is really bad. Some of these non-calls are ridiculous.

The two calls I still can’t understand are the Mik pull down last night and the slash and hook on Willy in Calgary. Both were blatant and both negated a scoring chance.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I call it as I see it and have never thought the Leafs were jobbed (outside of Boston but that happens to every team), but this year is really bad. Some of these non-calls are ridiculous.

The two calls I still can’t understand are the Mik pull down last night and the slash and hook on Willy in Calgary. Both were blatant and both negated a scoring chance.

The Willy one may even be the worst one of the year but our own home broadcast didn't even air a replay!

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Last night an Edmonton player had two hockey sticks, after he pulled one out of I think it was Nylander's hand. It was right before I think Edmonton's second goal. He skated for like 2 seconds with two sticks before dropping one and the ref was looking right at it.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I'm fine with letting them play, but you have to call it both ways. If you let EDM do a bit of holding, then you can't call cheap penalties the other way. Makes no sense.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Last night an Edmonton player had two hockey sticks, after he pulled one out of I think it was Nylander's hand. It was right before I think Edmonton's second goal. He skated for like 2 seconds with two sticks before dropping one and the ref was looking right at it.

Is holding 2 sticks at the same time illegal? Obviously you're not allowed to be involved in any play with 2, but players pick up a goalie stick and hand it to the goalie on occasion which involves having possession of 2 sticks briefly, 1 of which is illegal for a player to play with. I wasn't aware having possession of 2 sticks not touching the puck, nor involved with any opposition player was illegal.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Is holding 2 sticks at the same time illegal? Obviously you're not allowed to be involved in any play with 2, but players pick up a goalie stick and hand it to the goalie on occasion which involves having possession of 2 sticks briefly, 1 of which is illegal for a player to play with. I wasn't aware having possession of 2 sticks not touching the puck, nor involved with any opposition player was illegal.

I mean he had two because he took one away from again I think it was Nylander. I thought you couldn't touch an opposing players equipment, by that I mean like you can't knock a stick on the ice away from an opponent? I could be wrong though.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I mean he had two because he took one away from again I think it was Nylander. I thought you couldn't touch an opposing players equipment, by that I mean like you can't knock a stick on the ice away from an opponent? I could be wrong though.

Fair enough. I don't recall the actual play. Was the ref looking at it when he ripped it away from Nylander or just afterwards while he was carry 2 sticks? FWIW I did a quick look at the rulebook and carrying 2 sticks isn't illegal, but presumably he could have gotten a holding the stick penalty for taking it from Nylander like you said.

One of my favorite NHL goals was when Koivu lost his stick and ripped Bobby Ryan's stick out of his hand. Ryan thinking WTF isn't that a penalty, proceeded to pick up the Koivu's stick and get back into the play, and ended up scoring a goal with the Koivu's stick only because Koivu stole his stick to begin with.

Last edited:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
What date are we going back to...
Back to the non call against the "Great one" on Killer?

The line is long and starts at the Potomac
Everything pertaining to this year is perfect. It’s a compact place to keep them all so we don’t have to go off of memory too. I’ll have to try getting the Matthews cross checks on here too when we played Montreal. The ref was 25 feet away again just watching. Gross refereeing

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
While a lot were upset with Nylander for that penalty last night, it looked to me that he was being interfered with as he chased down the puck carrier. Then I was happy he threw the guy to the ice!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00