OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
wasn't able to catch the game yesterday, was out ripping the links (west coast brag). Got the game recorded, will watch it later. But I did see this gem on instagram:

upload_2021-3-26_8-55-15.png

not sure how 3 officials miss this TBH. Was the bench not hollering at this point?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
wasn't able to catch the game yesterday, was out ripping the links (west coast brag). Got the game recorded, will watch it later. But I did see this gem on instagram:

View attachment 412844

not sure how 3 officials miss this TBH. Was the bench not hollering at this point?
This is where the crowd comes into play. It was in Ottawa so you know the majority of the fans would have been calling for the penalty.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
It would not surprise me if he said to Wayne, ya I blew that one, shit happens, I'm not perfect.

To be honest there's no shame in admitting you f'd up a call, just be better next time.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It would not surprise me if he said to Wayne, ya I blew that one, shit happens, I'm not perfect.

To be honest there's no shame in admitting you f'd up a call, just be better next time.
That was already the 3rd or 4th "next time" around that point

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
First of all. Wow. I'm glad this happened and some action is taken to stop this nonsense.

But, has the NHL not known this for a long time? It took video evidence for them to take action?
What a joke.

For Gary it's not "don't do it" thing, it's "do it, but don't get caught" thing.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
For those who may not have noticed before, despite how blatant it is, Eric Furlatt out and out cheats against the Maple Leafs. Matter of fact pretty much all of the officials who hail from Quebec do. Just watch.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
upload_2021-4-1_8-16-33.png

Nothing to see here. Just game management. They scored a few seconds after Marner was hauled down (no call despite the ref looking right at him).

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'd say it's one of those agenda meets opportunity situations. I don't think Keefe goes into a diatribe if there wasn't history with this official. And any chance that a call could go against Toronto, it will.

It's just unprofessional of the NHL to employ people who bring so much of their own personal baggage to the job. Doesn't make me want to go out there and spend money on merchandise, hundreds of dollars on a night out at future NHL games just to have a zebra decide games like that.

Vote with your money!
Hey, anyone remember the 1999 series against Pittsburgh? The Pens won a game on a goal where the puck literally hit a post, slid across the goal line behind CuJo, and hit the other post and bounced out, and the video review team said it went in (even though it clearly didn't). And then after the game it was revealed that the video review team was paid by... the Pittsburgh Penguins. Nope, no blatant bias there...

Reactions: therealkoho

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
I'll never understand the notion that games should have an equal amount of penalties. It's got to the point where even fans believe it should be 50/50 because that's "fair". At least he wont be a ref in the NHL anymore , hopefully this is a wake up call to refs and start calling penalties the way they should be.
All that really does is benefit teams that are willing to cheat.

Seriously, the 70's Philadelphia Flyers would be almost unstoppable in the current climate. Ref game management bullshit combined with a team willing to sprint over the line of what should be allowed?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hey, anyone remember the 1999 series against Pittsburgh? The Pens won a game on a goal where the puck literally hit a post, slid across the goal line behind CuJo, and hit the other post and bounced out, and the video review team said it went in (even though it clearly didn't). And then after the game it was revealed that the video review team was paid by... the Pittsburgh Penguins. Nope, no blatant bias there...
What lol really? I don’t remember that and glad I don’t likely. Now I’m mad :)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
All that really does is benefit teams that are willing to cheat.

Seriously, the 70's Philadelphia Flyers would be almost unstoppable in the current climate. Ref game management bullshit combined with a team willing to sprint over the line of what should be allowed?
Thats why our bottom 6 is still constructed a bit off. Dubas needs to work on making that part of the roster defensively strong and nasty too. Kerfoot has a spot in that for me with that speed and work ethic. That guy has really grown on me for the little things he is doing at all times. Thornton can take a seat. Anderson and Robertson get a spot.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016

My favourite part of that play is how Bob Mackenzie said flat out "Even though it didnt go in and they were given the goal, its good for the game. We need players like Lemieux scoring."
Except he f***ing didn't.

Reactions: Iapyi

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
"All starts with a good forecheck..."

This may have been one of the worst non-calls on the year. Nothing against Milan, He's just trying to get a piece of his guy. I am sure he is not trying to seriously hurt his former teammate. But that is a very dangerous play. These refs are a f***ing joke for not calling that. There is absolutely no reason to not call that. Brodie has the f***ing puck on his tape, where else are you looking??? makes zero sense. Its not even close to marginal. It is so egregious. Makes my f***ing head spin. To me, there needs to be supplementary discipline on these officials for shit like this. There is no excuses that make sense to me. I didn't get the feeling that the refs "jobbed" us yesterday. But that's a very egregious missed call that directly leads to a goal against. And this officiating crew see's no discipline. I almost feel like having an off ice official is the only way to remedy shit like this. Its made the world of difference in soccer. Lots of those vintage soccer dives are instantly rectified by the off field official. Not sure how they'd implement it in the NHL, and I certainly don't want it to get goofy. But an off ice official could have easily radio'd down to an on ice official before that goal even goes in to say "hey you missed one". I'm not asking for an off ice official to call things outside of real time. But more so to call things off of the video feed. There's no way anyone watching that game could tell me that was not a penalty

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This thread is a joke but ya that video is brutal. Slewfoot against the board is ok apparently.

Is it a slew foot a clip or a trip?

Rule 44 - Clipping
44.1 Clipping
- Clipping is the act of throwing the body, from any direction, across or below the knees of an opponent. A player may not deliver a check in a “clipping” manner, nor lower his own body position to deliver a check on or below an opponent’s knees. An illegal “low hit” is a check that is delivered by a player who may or may not have both skates on the ice, with his sole intent to check the opponent in the area of his knees. A player may not lower his body position to deliver a check to an opponent’s knees.

Rule 52 – Slew-footing
52.1 Slew-footing
- Slew-footing is the act of a player using his leg or foot to knock or kick an opponent’s feet from under him, or pushes an opponent’s upper body backward with an arm or elbow, and at the same time with a forward motion of his leg, knocks or kicks the opponent’s feet from under him, causing him to fall violently to the ice.

Rule 57 – Tripping
57.1 Tripping
– A player shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall. Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.

Reactions: crump

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
"All starts with a good forecheck..."

i only watched the first, but, there was a pretty blatant x-check behind the Leafs net, that had nothing to do with the play that went uncalled, so, that set the bar for non-calls i guess.

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
We're basically in the bottom 3rd for the amount of pp/pg in the nhl. For a team with as much high end skill it really is frustrating. Not that it matters with the struggles the team is having. The refs just needs to call the mother f***ing game. A penalty is a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad