OT: Any Video evidence of refs jobbing Leafs in this thread plz.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Rule 52 – Slew-footing
that is the definition of a slew foot in my mind. I really don't think there was an attempt to injure on Milan's end. He has to play that way, but it is dangerous as hell. Even if he doesn't take Brodie's legs out (which he did), what happens if Milan loses balance there. WHich is totally possible given the fact he has one leg outside his body. And what happens if him going off balance puts his right skate in the air. Its the exact same play that Erik Karslon tore his achilles on

again, I can all but guarantee that Milan meant no harm by the play. TJ was a former teammate of his, its just an unfortunate play. But that has to be called.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
wasn't able to catch the game yesterday, was out ripping the links (west coast brag). Got the game recorded, will watch it later. But I did see this gem on instagram:

View attachment 412844

not sure how 3 officials miss this TBH. Was the bench not hollering at this point?

Refs are probably thinking 'just one of us, nothing wrong...':sarcasm:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
The refs screwed us again ha oooweee colour me surprised :). Hey if anyone has that goal going in with 20 seconds left in the game or Video of Holtby trying to drag the puck out with his skate please put the video in here. Personally, watching Holtby frantically squirm with failure and finally the look of defeat when he couldn’t even drag the puck out when standing was golden to the proof of the drastic lows we see in the refereeing in the Nhl, the fixing and incompetence is sickening really. They are caught on microphones fixing games? There should be a inquiry in to this leagues practices.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We won the game with 20 seconds left. I’m fine today. Enjoying coffee :)

Last edited by a moderator:

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
If you watch a lot of other games, and catch the other teams' announcers, and if you go onto the other teams' boards, you will pretty quickly see that every team, and not just in hockey, complains about the officiating, particularly when their team loses.

There is more complaining here, but that's really because we have more fans.

The fact is that all officials are pissed off that they weren't good enough to earn the huge bucks, and hate every player. Even worse, because fans never cheer the officials, but only boo them and cheer the players, they hate us even more, and deliberately do all they can to ruin the games.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If you watch a lot of other games, and catch the other teams' announcers, and if you go onto the other teams' boards, you will pretty quickly see that every team, and not just in hockey, complains about the officiating, particularly when their team loses.

There is more complaining here, but that's really because we have more fans.

The fact is that all officials are pissed off that they weren't good enough to earn the huge bucks, and hate every player. Even worse, because fans never cheer the officials, but only boo them and cheer the players, they hate us even more, and deliberately do all they can to ruin the games.
This thread is a compilation of video from beginning of the season just to keep in the same place for easy access by anyone. If you browse through the numerous bad calls and non-calls videos you will see to the contrary it is not complaining but a catalogue of incompetence we are burdened with from these poor refs. Lots to be concerned about. Post away any video you get of bad reffing in here lots of us appreciate it

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Don’t see it.
It’s still there in the post game thread. You have to do a very quick download. A really good angle of it hitting off Holtby’s arse and deflecting in behind, then he slides back quickly. The refs is right there as Marner is right on top of the puck pointing that its in. It’s clear

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I know, it sucks man.

You literally see part of the puck moving in the net, knowing the dimensions of the puck and the +/- of where the rest of the puck could potentially be positioned relative to the goal line.

That's not even taking into account any kinetic/kinematic analysis which couldn't definitively prove a goal or non-goal, but could help support/explain the path the puck takes during the sequence. You see it bank off Holtby and into the net, where for a moment you see its position +/- an insignificant amount of displacement, while still clearly in motion in a direction that would bring it further into the net before you can't see it again...

Edit: another angle...

Just link to the post. There isn’t a post number shown on mobile.

sorry it won’t link the attachment but thats who posted it on Page #14 of the post game thread. You should find it easy now

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
This thread is a compilation of video from beginning of the season just to keep in the same place for easy access by anyone. If you browse through the numerous bad calls and non-calls videos you will see to the contrary it is not complaining but a catalogue of incompetence we are burdened with from these poor refs. Lots to be concerned about. Post away any video you get of bad reffing in here lots of us appreciate it
You seem to have missed my point.

Every team could do the same thing: show a bunch of videos that presumably confirm their opinion that the officials are either incompetent or biased against their team.

The bias is usually from the fans: fans of team A are positive the penalty shouldn't have been called, while fans of team B are screaming for a suspension.

In most cases, the right calls are made, especially considering the caveat that most marginal infractions, if they don't materially affect the flow of play or risk injury, aren't called.

Yes, they occasionally miss one, as they are after all, only (sub)human, but the idea that there is a conspiracy against any one team is laughable.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
You seem to have missed my point.

Every team could do the same thing: show a bunch of videos that presumably confirm their opinion that the officials are either incompetent or biased against their team.

The bias is usually from the fans: fans of team A are positive the penalty shouldn't have been called, while fans of team B are screaming for a suspension.

In most cases, the right calls are made, especially considering the caveat that most marginal infractions, if they don't materially affect the flow of play or risk injury, aren't called.

Yes, they occasionally miss one, as they are after all, only (sub)human, but the idea that there is a conspiracy against any one team is laughable.
I really wish they would. There are posts from fans of other teams in here saying i though this was just a complain fest like most other boards but you guys seriously have something to beef about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->