Any Doubt who the GOAT is?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Montana never lost a SB. Never threw a INT.

Seriously, Hoyer could have won this SB. Hell, Hoyer/Jimmy G could have won this Rams game behind that Belichick defense.

Steve Young replaced him and the 49ers didnt miss a beat.

Replace Brady and lets see how many Lombardi's the Pats win (0).

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
What team wouldnt want to play against the Bills, Jets and Dolphins to win every year? You put the Patriots in any other division and would love to see how they get to where they are. 6 SB's, 2 pretty much given to them (Seattle/Atlanta) seattle runs the ball and they win the SB, Atlanta kicks a fg instead of gunning it game over, i dont know how any one person can be a GOAT, didnt know Brady played 50 years ago? And anyone who is a NE fan, once him and BB are gone and every team destroys you each year and then YOU start whining and complaining and keep talking about (well when TB and BB were here blah blah blah) no one will have any sympathy for you.

There must be a lot of salt in those tears

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Couldnt agree more.

#4 sealed the debate for me, #5 erased any last argument people had against him and now this one is just an extra one.

And its still not over. Not yet

They may very well go for 7th next year. Pats will still be among the favorites

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
What team wouldnt want to play against the Bills, Jets and Dolphins to win every year? You put the Patriots in any other division and would love to see how they get to where they are. 6 SB's, 2 pretty much given to them (Seattle/Atlanta) seattle runs the ball and they win the SB, Atlanta kicks a fg instead of gunning it game over, i dont know how any one person can be a GOAT, didnt know Brady played 50 years ago? And anyone who is a NE fan, once him and BB are gone and every team destroys you each year and then YOU start whining and complaining and keep talking about (well when TB and BB were here blah blah blah) no one will have any sympathy for you.

if ifs and buts were candy and nuts....

New England AFC East winning% = 75%
New England against other divisions = 75%

Nice job ignoring that they have to play a 1st place schedule every single year.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I’ve got Brady high on the list (and there is an easy arguement to make to have him #1), but I don’t think you can quite call him the GOAT without question.

To me, the GOAT wins and there is no one else that can match their performance. I think if you put Rodgers or Brees on the Pats they wouldn’t miss a beat.

Now Belichick on the other hand? Leading a team to the Super Bowl seemingly year in and year out across two decades while having a roatating cast due to the salary cap. Now that’s a GOAT performance, as there is no arguement that you could pop another coach in NE and have the same success.

Belichick with four-time pro bowler Drew Bledsoe: 5-13. Belichick with Tom Brady the following 3 ½ years: 57-14. Three SB wins.

You can't separate the two of them. Not unless Belichick goes to the Giants and magically turns them into a perennial contender.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Nice job ignoring that they have to play a 1st place schedule every single year.

Brady has an 81.25% win percentage against the AFC North in the regular season. A 78.79% win percentage against the AFC South, and even against the AFC West he's won 64.7% of games. The AFC East, 79.4%.

Let's take the worst case scenario, and add up the three teams Brady has the worst record against in the league (more than 5 games played):

Broncos: 7-6 (53.9%)
Chiefs: 5-3 (62.5%)
Dolphins: 22-11 (66.67%)

Of those 13 Broncos games, 8 have been on the road, but never mind that for now.

Construct that division for Brady to play against, the absolute worst case scenario (though especially the Chiefs are a very small sample size still) and he'd win 63% of divisional games. That's almost always 4 out of 6 games (3.78 to be exact, every five seasons he'd win just three). He currently wins 4.76 divisional games per year. So if you take the worst f***ing scenario division in the league for the duration of Brady's career (ignoring the fact that he may have played the Chiefs and Broncos only/mostly when they were good teams), he drops at most one divisional game per year from his current pace. The thing is, he has significantly better win percentages against the rest of the AFC teams, so he'd win even more out of division games than he already does. Let's give him half a game for that, and that's on the generous towards the haters. So he'd drop half a win every year. Overall, he averages 12.31 wins a year. So even with the worst division in mind, and slightly underestimating the boost in out of division wins (not having to face good Broncos teams at Mile high literally every other year due to #1 seeds, and when that fails having to face good Chiefs teams, etc), Brady would still average 11.81 wins a year. Still significantly better than any NFL QB in history not named Otto Graham or Daryl Lamonica (the former of whom are already ahead of him anyway).

And let's not forget he already average the equivalent of 12 wins a season in the playoffs. He's 30-10, equalling out to two and a half seasons of 12-4 football. Against playoff teams. Imagine trying to tell yourself the division is the reason Brady is good (ignoring that the f***ing Bills have a better win percentage since 2002 than seven teams, every other divisions' last-place teams, including the Rams, and is one win behind the 49ers, meaning they're just one win from being as good as or better than two teams in the NFC West since divisional re-alignment).

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Brady has an 81.25% win percentage against the AFC North in the regular season. A 78.79% win percentage against the AFC South, and even against the AFC West he's won 64.7% of games. The AFC East, 79.4%.

Let's take the worst case scenario, and add up the three teams Brady has the worst record against in the league (more than 5 games played):

Broncos: 7-6 (53.9%)
Chiefs: 5-3 (62.5%)
Dolphins: 22-11 (66.67%)

Of those 13 Broncos games, 8 have been on the road, but never mind that for now.

Construct that division for Brady to play against, the absolute worst case scenario (though especially the Chiefs are a very small sample size still) and he'd win 63% of divisional games. That's almost always 4 out of 6 games (3.78 to be exact, every five seasons he'd win just three). He currently wins 4.76 divisional games per year. So if you take the worst ****ing scenario division in the league for the duration of Brady's career (ignoring the fact that he may have played the Chiefs and Broncos only/mostly when they were good teams), he drops at most one divisional game per year from his current pace. The thing is, he has significantly better win percentages against the rest of the AFC teams, so he'd win even more out of division games than he already does. Let's give him half a game for that, and that's on the generous towards the haters. So he'd drop half a win every year. Overall, he averages 12.31 wins a year. So even with the worst division in mind, and slightly underestimating the boost in out of division wins (not having to face good Broncos teams at Mile high literally every other year due to #1 seeds, and when that fails having to face good Chiefs teams, etc), Brady would still average 11.81 wins a year. Still significantly better than any NFL QB in history not named Otto Graham or Daryl Lamonica (the former of whom are already ahead of him anyway).

And let's not forget he already average the equivalent of 12 wins a season in the playoffs. He's 30-10, equalling out to two and a half seasons of 12-4 football. Against playoff teams. Imagine trying to tell yourself the division is the reason Brady is good (ignoring that the ****ing Bills have a better win percentage since 2002 than seven teams, every other divisions' last-place teams, including the Rams, and is one win behind the 49ers, meaning they're just one win from being as good as or better than two teams in the NFC West since divisional re-alignment).

yeah, I remember seeing the math done out in an article before.

In the end the AFC East has given Brady only 3 extra wins over his entire career vs playing in another division

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
There must be a lot of salt in those tears
LMAO yep lotttssss ahahaha sooooo if you put Brees or Rodgers in a Pats uniform, take Brady and put him in a GB or Saints uniform, you dont think Brees or Rodgers would have the same amount of SB rings? And u keep BB on the Pats and Brady gets whoever is coaching at the time of those 2 teams Brees and Rodgers would have just as much, sorry bud.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
LMAO yep lotttssss ahahaha sooooo if you put Brees or Rodgers in a Pats uniform, take Brady and put him in a GB or Saints uniform, you dont think Brees or Rodgers would have the same amount of SB rings? And u keep BB on the Pats and Brady gets whoever is coaching at the time of those 2 teams Brees and Rodgers would have just as much, sorry bud.
Also if hes so good why doesnt he go to Arizona or Oakland and win a ring if hes (the goat) Peyton did it and he cant beat his brother either.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg

A first place schedule? Are u kidding haha u could put the Browns in against the Bills, Jets and Dolphins and the Browns would win the division 9 straight years, also have u looked and saw the schedule difficulty for past couple years, NE hasnt been in top 10 hardest schedules, but i see your a Bruins fan so that explains everything haha

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Also if hes so good why doesnt he go to Arizona or Oakland and win a ring if hes (the goat) Peyton did it and he cant beat his brother either.

Peyton left because his team didn't want him anymore, but blatantly tanked for Luck. Peyton was horrible in Super Bowls, so not sure what point you're trying to make.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Peyton left because his team didn't want him anymore, but blatantly tanked for Luck. Peyton was horrible in Super Bowls, so not sure what point you're trying to make.
Peyton has won a SB with 2 different teams, different coaches different players. Do you think if Tom went right now to a different team, without BB, he could win a SB? Yah thats what i thought, so my point is if your that good and the greatest you can win on any team with any head coach. Oh and i see your a Bruins fan also lmao

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Don't see how this game makes a difference unless Brady doubles as the defensive coordinator.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I’ve got Brady high on the list (and there is an easy arguement to make to have him #1), but I don’t think you can quite call him the GOAT without question.

To me, the GOAT wins and there is no one else that can match their performance. I think if you put Rodgers or Brees on the Pats they wouldn’t miss a beat.

Now Belichick on the other hand? Leading a team to the Super Bowl seemingly year in and year out across two decades while having a roatating cast due to the salary cap. Now that’s a GOAT performance, as there is no arguement that you could pop another coach in NE and have the same success.

I disagree, and I'm a Packers fan.

Brady has done more with less than any QB in recent history. Outside of Randy Moss for 3 years and a couple healthy Gronk seasons, hes never had any elite players on offence. He's managed to turn guys like Branch, Welker, Edelman and White into significant players. Yes, Belichick is the one who saw them as diamonds in the rough but Brady has also been a significant factor in their development.

Peyton has won a SB with 2 different teams, different coaches different players. Do you think if Tom went right now to a different team, without BB, he could win a SB? Yah thats what i thought, so my point is if your that good and the greatest you can win on any team with any head coach. Oh and i see your a Bruins fan also lmao

Are you ignoring the fact that Peyton on the Colts had some amazing offensive weapons? Or that in SB 50 he literally didnt have to do much, that Broncos defence was super elite and one of the best units ever? Peyton also only left Indy because they no longer wanted him.

Reactions: tacogeoff

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
I disagree, and I'm a Packers fan.

Brady has done more with less than any QB in recent history. Outside of Randy Moss for 3 years and a couple healthy Gronk seasons, hes never had any elite players on offence. He's managed to turn guys like Branch, Welker, Edelman and White into significant players. Yes, Belichick is the one who saw them as diamonds in the rough but Brady has also been a significant factor in their development.

Are you ignoring the fact that Peyton on the Colts had some amazing offensive weapons? Or that in SB 50 he literally didnt have to do much, that Broncos defence was super elite and one of the best units ever? Peyton also only left Indy because they no longer wanted him.
Yah didnt want him, left and came back and won a SB, so a different team, different coaches, different players.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Yeah, you're right. Everyone on that 2001 team is still with Brady. Charlie Weis did a great job as the OC last night, though he did call some bonehead plays. Did you see that Troy Brown catch, though?

Reactions: OmniCube and Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad