Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Why? Because he’s dominant in Liiga?

Really doubtful his game will translate in the NHL. Not this year.

Let him play few preseason games so he can realize that the step from Liiga to the NHL is a big one. He already knows it, but I think there’s nothing like playing actual games to really see what you have to improve and work on to be a NHL’er. Then, keep him away from the mess that this team is going to be this year and let him be dominant, win games and build his confidence in Liiga.
Mostly because he's probably already our second best center. I'd prefer if he didn't play with the team this season since they are icing a bad team and are likely to get wreck on most nights.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'll reserve judgement until I see him process the game on the smaller ice surface as quickly and consistently as he does now. I feel the same way with Denisenko.

Obviously immensely talented, though.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yep yep! it was just a small comment but I am a bit surprised about how weak some of the goaltending seems to be against him!

Liiga goaltending is definitely far below the nhl, but Lundell still has a good nhl quality wrist/snap shot. That was probably the easiest goal he's scored this season.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Yep yep! it was just a small comment but I am a bit surprised about how weak some of the goaltending seems to be against him!
I've seen Bob let those in last season and apparently it's not on the goalie since there was a screen. It's impossible to stop!!!

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I can't imagine that the "screen" just abandoned your hockey vocabulary and I assume you forgot the sarcasm emoji
It didn’t look like much of a screen to me. If anything, the guy who was supposed to be screening the goalie was more to the goalie’s right.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
It didn’t look like much of a screen to me. If anything, the guy who was supposed to be screening the goalie was more to the goalie’s right.
I see actually three screens: his own forward just cruising through the goalie's view instants before the shot plus the opposing forward as well as opposing D-man!

The more often I watch the replay, the more I find it a perfectly placed shot with a perfect timing. Lundell used them all as screen.

The goalie movement looked a bit odd though since he lowered his positioning. But it seems most goalies do when they have trouble seeing the puck.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Lundell 2 goals and 3 assists 33 minutes into the game

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
What’s even better is knowing we have a competent enough hockey ops department to develop him properly and won’t bring him up just because he had 1 good game.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Borgstrom looks so freaking lost out there. A passenger

Add to insult Lundell goal celebration for his 2nd goal was that move Borgstrom always does ;)

I dont know if they other team is just THAT bad but HIFK is playing with 3 forward lines and 5 dman only (injuries) but Lundell is justt flying

Reactions: Clint and Ippenator

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Borgstrom looks so freaking lost out there. A passenger

Add to insult Lundell goal celebration for his 2nd goal was that move Borgstrom always does ;)

I dont know if they other team is just THAT bad but HIFK is playing with 3 forward lines and 5 dman only (injuries) but Lundell is justt flying

They're the worst team in the league.
Lundells other big 4 goal game was against 2nd worst team but who cares, let the Captain eat.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
What’s even better is knowing we have a competent enough hockey ops department to develop him properly and won’t bring him up just because he had 1 good game.
He's having 1 good game? He's been having good games left and right wake up.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He's having 1 good game? He's been having good games left and right wake up.
Eh it’s more of a comment about letting players develop well...but yeah, Lundell is killing it even if you remove his two killer games.

this is a player we were told that didn’t have killer offensive instincts and well...he’s killing these teams and celebrating which is unheard of for a Finn

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Eh it’s more of a comment about letting players develop well...but yeah, Lundell is killing it even if you remove his two killer games.

this is a player we were told that didn’t have killer offensive instincts and well...he’s killing these teams and celebrating which is unheard of for a Finn
Don't forget last season as a rookie he had the second best Corsi statistics in the entire league, i'm pretty sure he's up there right now aswell, Lundell is as legit as it gets. Shouldv'e gone top 5.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Don't forget last season as a rookie he had the second best Corsi statistics in the entire league, i'm pretty sure he's up there right now aswell, Lundell is as legit as it gets. Shouldv'e gone top 5.

It's insane how much better his skating is compared to last season

Reactions: MiroPRKL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad