Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Agreed and while it’s. Dumb crosscheck but didn’t look particularly dangerous. The video is quick but it looks like he hits him in the shoulder. He’s got a little bite to his game.
Agree. They need this in the lineup. Any team does. And the teams who separate themselves from the pack have multiple players who aren't shy about doing these things

Reactions: Crossbar

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I've been laughing all day long for that how those so called ''SM liiga fans''
have gone absolutely furious in Finnish hockey board named jatkoaika.com.

There is a lot posters who have said that Panthers should terminate Lundell's draft
and how SM liiga should have suspend Lundell for 5 to 10 games
because Lundell tried purposely injure HPK's player with ''dangerous'' cross-checking.
:laugh:

Somebody needs to remind them the sport they’re commenting on is hockey. Not soccer.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Agree. They need this in the lineup. Any team does. And the teams who separate themselves from the pack have multiple players who aren't shy about doing these things

Any team needs a guy taking a suspension for multiple games? Didn't know that.
Byfuglien did a similar chop at JT Miller and that cost him four games. Neither did that got called but the league offices took another look at it and deemed that Buff needs to sit for a couple of games.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Byfuglien did a similar chop at JT Miller and that cost him four games. Neither did that got called but the league offices took another look at it and deemed that Buff needs to sit for a couple of games.
You either didn’t watch the video at all or you’ve suddenly turned into a complete wuss.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Pretty stupid cross-check from this kid last night, when there was only 20 secs left in the game. No penalty :huh:

EDIT

Better angle:

Liiga said there won't be a suspension because no one got injured :facepalm:

A little over the top, but the guy did try to hit him 10 seconds earlier. We also don't know what else happened between them in the game.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
:laugh:

Somebody needs to remind them the sport they’re commenting on is hockey. Not soccer.

Yes.
But unfortunately some Finnish hockey fans aren't most sharpest pencils in hockey commenting.
Opinions are like a**hole everyone has own and that's it.

Usually i don't comment games or game moments what i haven't seen.
But in my opinion it's only good if Lundell can get some nastiness and grit in his game.

NHL is big boys league and if you wanna be only a nice boy who won't hurt even butterfly
then it's better to go somewhere else because no-one won't feel sorry for you
if you're not ready to play NHL hockey.

And that's THE THING what some Finnish hockey fans won't understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
And then there's the third option which is that folks around here equate a crosscheck to the neck as toughness. Besides, I'm just telling ya what the NHL would do about it.
Except it wasn’t a cross check to the neck. It was not forceful, it was more pressure than impact. And it also looks like more shoulder.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
That would be something.
But somehow i have a feeling it's Barkov who's going to teach Lundell.

Yes and No. I dont think Lundell should be compared to Barkov. The last goal he scored he had 2 of his team mates wide open yet he shot the puck himself and scored. Barkov would made the pass 9/10 times.

Reactions: KW

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
If you have a problem with those types of antics you should really think twice about watching Florida for the next three seasons knowing the ink just dried on the contract of a walking suspension.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
If you have a problem with those types of antics you should really think twice about watching Florida for the next three seasons knowing the ink just dried on the contract of a walking suspension.

Couldn't really care less about a bottom pairing dman but if that constitutes the amount negative impact for the team for not watching this team then what's keeping you here? Jesus Christ or Randy Moller's crappy color commentary?

Last edited:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Couldn't really less about a bottom pairing dman but if that constitutes the amount negative impact for the team for not watching this team then what's keeping you here? Jesus Christ or Randy Moller's crappy color commentary?
What's keeping me here? How about what's keeping you here? What's keeping any of us here? Stanford should come out with a study on us on our fanbase as a whole.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
That Lundell cross-check should've been a suspension. I agree it looks like he ended up hitting the top of the shoulder but he was aiming for the head/neck area with the player's back turned. Dirty ass play.

Reactions: xigon

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
That Lundell cross-check should've been a suspension. I agree it looks like he ended up hitting the top of the shoulder but he was aiming for the head/neck area with the player's back turned. Dirty ass play.
How do you know what he was aiming for?

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
NHL would have at least looked at it, IMO. it's hard to analyze with this one camera angle. I personally wouldn't be a fan of a player going around breaking collar bones-but I don't see that here.

I prefer to frame it like this: lundell will retaliate when pushed. opposing players can simply think twice if they want to pester him because he will bite back and there are now other players that will take exception to any shenanigans, or at least we think there are. time will tell.

the intention of this hit aside.. if he wants to play in the NHL, he will do it legally or he won't play. this clip does nothing to my opinion of him.

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
NHL would have at least looked at it, IMO. it's hard to analyze with this one camera angle. I personally wouldn't be a fan of a player going around breaking collar bones-but I don't see that here.

I prefer to frame it like this: lundell will retaliate when pushed. opposing players can simply think twice if they want to pester him because he will bite back and there are now other players that will take exception to any shenanigans, or at least we think there are. time will tell.

the intention of this hit aside.. if he wants to play in the NHL, he will do it legally or he won't play. this clip does nothing to my opinion of him.
Yeah, it's not great to be known as a player who can be goaded into taking retaliatory penalties. Hopefully he will grow out of that before bumping into NHL level pests.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

He might also be being targeted now that his name is growing bigger in Liiga. He's letting other teams know that he won't take any crap.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
He's on pace to make the team whenever the season start.

Why? Because he’s dominant in Liiga?

Really doubtful his game will translate in the NHL. Not this year.

Let him play few preseason games so he can realize that the step from Liiga to the NHL is a big one. He already knows it, but I think there’s nothing like playing actual games to really see what you have to improve and work on to be a NHL’er. Then, keep him away from the mess that this team is going to be this year and let him be dominant, win games and build his confidence in Liiga.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Why? Because he’s dominant in Liiga?

Really doubtful his game will translate in the NHL. Not this year.

Let him play few preseason games so he can realize that the step from Liiga to the NHL is a big one. He already knows it, but I think there’s nothing like playing actual games to really see what you have to improve and work on to be a NHL’er. Then, keep him away from the mess that this team is going to be this year and let him be dominant, win games and build his confidence in Liiga.
His game would absolutely translate to the nhl. He’s arguably the most ready prospect minus laf. That being said he needs to stay in Finland this year.

Reactions: Clint

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4