Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Liiga website? He's Lundell's RW per their info.
Any info on how Borgstrom looked in that game?
I could have sworn to god Borgstrom was centering the 2nd line when i looked at the pregame rosters.. Watched only a portion of the game myself so can't really say.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida

The game summed up in one picture.

alternatively

upload_2020-11-19_9-5-16.png

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Summary of the video.
1 Absolutely horrible defence by Jukurit in Lundell's 1-0 goal.
2 6-0 goal should be easy save to any pro hockey goalie.
3 And of course 4 nice passes. What a show.

Last edited:

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Better than Barkov??? Huby? Don't think so.
If we weight by draft position, yes I’d argue he will be: when has our draft pick exploded like this before?

As a player, of course we can’t say it yet: I do think there is a chance that Lundell outshines those two actually

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
If we weight by draft position, yes I’d argue he will be: when has our draft pick exploded like this before?

As a player, of course we can’t say it yet: I do think there is a chance that Lundell outshines those two actually

Ok, if you weight by draft position, yes it's very possible.

I don't agree with the last sentence though. Lundell would have to become a perennial Selke contender to even enter the conversation.

Reactions: Cold Cat

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

I love Lundell but there is no way in hell he’s better than barkov

Reactions: MiroPRKL

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I love Lundell but there is no way in hell he’s better than barkov

completely feasible: he has shown massive improvement each year and this year has big offensively: I see a world where he comes on much faster in the NHL and peaks as the 90PT center Barky is. Is it guaranteed? Far from it and most likely he won’t, but I see an upper level in this kid that we haven’t had in a prospect since Ek

Barky has all the skills and tools but lacks the killer instinct AL15 has.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
completely feasible: he has shown massive improvement each year and this year has big offensively: I see a world where he comes on much faster in the NHL and peaks as the 90PT center Barky is. Is it guaranteed? Far from it and most likely he won’t, but I see an upper level in this kid that we haven’t had in a prospect since Ek

Barky has all the skills and tools but lacks the killer instinct AL15 has.
If Lundell hits a 70ish point ceiling then he is a massive steal from where he’s picked. He doesn’t have the hands of Barkov to do what he can do.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Trocheck was a 3rd round pick

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Overall I'd say Kuba being a 8th rounder and spending time on the first pairing is probably the best 'weighted' pick we've had. Didn't pan out with us, but still our pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad