Value of: Anthony DeAngelo

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Is Lindholm very expensive?

And most of these players will never come close to being anywhere near as good as acquiring a player like Lindholm. We were sold on this grand plan of acquiring Howden, Hajek, 1st, 2nd for McDonagh. Howden won't be better than bottom six, Hajek won't be better than third pairing, the 2nd is Henriksson, the first is Lundkvist. Outside of Lundkvist, who still hasn't played in the NHL, it's unlikely that any of those four assets turns into a top half of the league player. We don't need to hoard quantity. We need top-end quality to become a top-level team.

How much better would we be if we didn't make that trade and gave McDonagh 6.75 instead of 8M to Trouba? We'd have a more balanced L-R with our defense, and would have kept quality over quantity. Trouba, his contract and the futures acquired in that trade is worse than McDonagh and his contract. Quality wins in this league over quantity.
The part I keep coming back to is where has anyone indicated Lindholm is available? Not everyone is on the market.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
The part I keep coming back to is where has anyone indicated Lindholm is available? Not everyone is on the market.

There's no reason to believe he is. There's just one NYR fan who seems to think that ANA would want to give up Lindholm (signed for multiple years at a hair over 5M) just to take on the headache of signing ADA who is probably going to want much more than that. The reasoning given was because since the GM tried to trade Kase for Faulk, and since he sees ADA as better than Faulk that ANA should upgrade their side of the offer to Lindholm.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Exactly. People on here would walk up to a couple at the altar and be like "there's no way the (bride/groom) wouldn't trade that (guy/girl) for what we are offering. I mean look at (him/her)" There's just no logical way a team can be happy with a player and not want to trade him because, you know, Gretzky was traded...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Exactly. People on here would walk up to a couple at the altar and be like "there's no way the (bride/groom) wouldn't trade that (guy/girl) for what we are offering. I mean look at (him/her)" There's just no logical way a team can be happy with a player and not want to trade him because, you know, Gretzky was traded...

Gretzky wasn’t traded he was sold by the piece of **** Pocklington to cover his debts.

Reactions: egelband

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Gretzky wasn’t traded he was sold by the piece of **** Pocklington to cover his debts.
No, he was sold from the Indianapolis Racers to the Edmonton Oilers when the WHA was absorbed into the NHL. The motivation for dealing him from Edmonton to LA was to pay Pocklington non hockey debt, but it was a trade. I don't disagree with you, just pointing out that whenever someone is supposedly not available, the inevitable Gretzky was traded argument will pop up.

Reactions: egelband

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
His value is very high now, if the Rangers were to trade him what could they possibly get in return? Toronto are looking for a RHD , Rangers need a LHD, what about ADA and Rangers 1st top 10 protected for Sandin? is the offer close?
Wow the 1st is probably on the wrong side there. Your hoping sandin ends up where Ada is now, that needs a sweetener. People need to understand that Ada was a teenanger when he came to the nhl and his issue are in the past and now your looking at a developed 50+ point right d under the age of 25.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Wow the 1st is probably on the wrong side there. Your hoping sandin ends up where Ada is now, that needs a sweetener. People need to understand that Ada was a teenanger when he came to the nhl and his issue are in the past and now your looking at a developed 50+ point right d under the age of 25.
Maybe i,m overvaluing Sandin but he is a LHD stud which we need , ADA and a 3rd ( we do not have a 2nd) to Leafs? You have to give to get.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Maybe i,m overvaluing Sandin but he is a LHD stud which we need , ADA and a 3rd ( we do not have a 2nd) to Leafs? You have to give to get.
The point in prospects for player trades is that the team getting the player is getting a proven commodity and has to trade better potential for the proven now.

If Sandin is in fact a stud who will get the same kind of production or impact the game in just as valuable a way then you need to pay the other team a sweetener to wait. If he is guaranteed to do more, then why trade him

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
How is that being salty if i'm saying a prospect of a rival is better then some other teams player??? Think before saying something.

Bc he is just a prospect, he is not cal makar. He has not done anything in the NHL yet. Meanwhile DeAngelo is tearing up the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There is no way we’d add to DeAngelo for Sandin. If Sandin hits his ceiling, he might end up as good of an NHL’er as DeAngelo is now. Different types of players, but it’s highly unlikely Sandin had a ceiling above DeAngelo’s current floor. That’s why the Leafs would do the adding.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
The Leafs wouldn't want someone of DeAngelo's character with the organization. Nevermind the horrible defensive play.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Dude **** off. Stop being a troll.

Buddy you're on an internet trade board and you're pumping up this guy as if he's the second coming of Erik Karlsson. He's a good offensive defenseman who is horrible defensively and has character issues.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Buddy you're on an internet trade board and you're pumping up this guy as if he's the second coming of Erik Karlsson. He's a good offensive defenseman who is horrible defensively and has character issues.
Am I?

All I have said is he is one of the best yound offensive dmen in the league.

Dont come at me with the bullshit Johnsson, Bracco, Ceci, Kapanen trade offers.

ADA is at premium value and these players are nowhere near the same value.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Am I?

All I have said is he is one of the best yound offensive dmen in the league.

Dont come at me with the bull**** Johnsson, Bracco, Ceci, Kapanen trade offers.

ADA is at premium value and these players are nowhere near the same value.

No offence but you are significantly undervaluing several players here. Johnsson and Kapanen are excellent 2way play driving wingers signed to excellent contracts. Both have value at 5v5, pp, as well as PK. They're strong second line players by any metric.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
These types of players often offer more value to the traditional stats/eyes than they actually do on the ice. Players like DeAngelo, Gostisbehere, Barrie. They points they accumulate in aggregate are almost useless because they don't drive play well and can't play defense at all, irregardless of the lack of actual impact defense points have (which shouldn't be much).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad