Value of: Anthony DeAngelo

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
LOL!

This is most ridiculous analysis of Tony DeAngelo I have seen yet.

How can you honestly compare the Tony DeAngelo at 20 years old when he was traded to Arizona 4 years ago to the Tony DeAngelo of today?

Have you even actually sat down and whats Tony DeAngelo play, except when NYR are against the Habs?
That guy had to google who DeAngelo is.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Rangers have enough assets to make a deal for anyone. Hampus Lindholm coats a lot but is the right answer. He’d be worth it.
But I’d rather resign DeAngelo and let some other guys walk honestly. I don’t think any deal he would sign would be catastrophic to the cap

Oh hell no. NYR better be offering something a lot better than ADA if you're looking for Lindholm in return

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh hell no. NYR better be offering something a lot better than ADA if you're looking for Lindholm in return
They certainly can. I’m pretty confident ADA would be a part of that deal though. Ducks been looking for an offense first RHD since Justin Faulk vetoed a deal their this summer. DeAngelo is better, younger and cheaper than Faulk. Rangers might have the best farm system in the NHL right now (a lot of the pundits seem to think so) and will likely get more futures by selling off assets like Kreider at the deadline. Ducks are rebuilding, there should be a match.

Reactions: egelband

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Neither Fox nor ADA replace what Trouba adds to our right side.
Of course this is true, but Trouba has not been living up to the early billing, so people are not thrilled with him and his $$$. I think he'll adjust and be fine, but pumping ADA seems to be part of the current plan - and it's a good one.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Zero Physicality? Lol, you don’t know who ADA is with a silly statement like that.

Riley Nash vs Tony DeAngelo Fight (Nov. 10, 2018)

Wayne Simmonds vs Anthony DeAngelo Feb 18, 2018

ADA plays physical and drops the gloves.

Pooooof goes whatever credibility you ever had. Don’t offer your opinion on players you clearly don’t watch.

Fighting is not what i'm talking about show me clips clips of him clearly hitting someone in game and not with his fist. He gets pushed easily.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
All accounts from Ducks fans seem to suggest Lindholm was not available.
I admit I missed Troubas NMC not kicking in until offseason, but who trades for him after all the hell he raised to get himself here? I don't think it's realistic even though it might be a good move.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Neither Fox nor ADA replace what Trouba adds to our right side.

I agree that his game has a different dimension, but with his contract, I don’t know if I’d keep him over the other two.

I think I might end up shopping Fox because it gives the best balance of what we have, what we need and player value. I think Lundkvist would do a good job of replacing Fox.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
They certainly can. I’m pretty confident ADA would be a part of that deal though. Ducks been looking for an offense first RHD since Justin Faulk vetoed a deal their this summer. DeAngelo is better, younger and cheaper than Faulk. Rangers might have the best farm system in the NHL right now (a lot of the pundits seem to think so) and will likely get more futures by selling off assets like Kreider at the deadline. Ducks are rebuilding, there should be a match.

You do realize they were offering Kase for Faulk right? There is a mountain of difference value wise between Kase and Lindholm. The only way ADA is the centerpiece of a Lindholm trade is if there's an unprotected 1st attached to him

Also, he's cheaper for another 40 ish games. Then he's an arbitration eligible RFA and I'll all but guarantee that gets ugly with his contract expectations. Especially when the Ducks GM is notoriously cheap with RFA contracts.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
LOL!

This is most ridiculous analysis of Tony DeAngelo I have seen yet.

How can you honestly compare the Tony DeAngelo at 20 years old when he was traded to Arizona 4 years ago to the Tony DeAngelo of today?

Have you even actually sat down and whats Tony DeAngelo play, except when NYR are against the Habs?

...and zero physicality.....I just shake my head in disappointment at you.

There is a reason he plays less then 19 minutes a night. Besides fighting is he really strong on the puck?? Does he lay lots of hit?? Tell me he is good defensively.

If he was good defensively I would say he is a top pairing defensemen without a doubt. But he isn't and fans coming on here and asking for a Top pairing LHD(Not referring to Sandin) is stupid. I never said he won't get better or become really good defensively but at the moment he isn't. As to saying I haven't watched him play yes I have watched him play this season because he reminds me of subban and I was a big fan of him. Subban was a better overall player(Taller, more physical and better defensively)no subban was nowhere near being great defensively but still better than ADA. Now you might not agree with me but this is my analysis of ADA from the 7-8 games I saw him play this season. 7-8 Games is decent enough to judge somebody. Now I am not denying the fact that I might be completely wrong but its just one man's opinion.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Question, why is he averaging less than 19 min icetime?

The same reason we need to get rid of a RHD. We have too much RHD depth. Trouba, Fox and DeAngelo take each-other's minutes. We'd be better having two of them, and allocating the third spot to a younger player who shouldn't be playing 20 minutes per game.

Reactions: Lampedampe

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

What about Adam Fox? I suspect there might need to be a small add to Fox.

I'm prepared to add to Trouba/Fox/DeAngelo, but only if the ask isn't a huge overpayment.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You're prepared to add.....are you Jeff Gorton now.

Why are you always so desperate to rid of our solid player?

Lindholm is a 1D. I wouldn't add a lot because I think the value is close for Lindholm compared to all three of those players, but I'd add a little to them to trade for Lindholm.

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
Lindholm is a 1D. I wouldn't add a lot because I think the value is close for Lindholm compared to all three of those players, but I'd add a little to them to trade for Lindholm.

I would say Lindholm is a really good 2D not 1D he isn't on the same level as Seth Jones, Roman Josi patriengalo eat.... But he is much younger than Josi and patriengalo. As to say you got to add little is false. You really think adding little to Adam fox or ADA would bring Lindholm you're wrong.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Then why would they do it? And if they would, why would we? A small add doesn't seem worth it either way.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You do realize they were offering Kase for Faulk right? There is a mountain of difference value wise between Kase and Lindholm. The only way ADA is the centerpiece of a Lindholm trade is if there's an unprotected 1st attached to him

Also, he's cheaper for another 40 ish games. Then he's an arbitration eligible RFA and I'll all but guarantee that gets ugly with his contract expectations. Especially when the Ducks GM is notoriously cheap with RFA contracts.
Of course there is a difference between Kase and Lindholm. I’m saying if Anaheim is (still) looking for an Offensive RHD, DeAngelo is a great piece as part of a deal. I don’t think it would be one for one. DeAngelo has a contract coming up but he is under RFA control and will probably get a market deal around what Lindholm is making. So doesn’t hurt your cap that way either. Work is already done for you. Gets somewhere in between the Rasmus and Hamilton contracts. Its not exactly a no brainer but it’s close. Rangers can offer 1sts. KAndre Miller is another piece the Rangers can offer in a Lindholm deal that we know Murray likes too. Teams are actually a good match.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
No he isnt as a Habs fan I would take Sandin over ADA any day of the week. There is a reason ADA was moved to Arizona for like a 2nd and again to the rangers. He plays the same way as burns but is weak and has 0 physicality. #terrible defensively.
You would take Sandin over a RHD on pace for 70 points? There’s a reason you’re not a GM. And when ADA was moved, he wasn’t this good, he was considered near busy territory

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would say Lindholm is a really good 2D not 1D he isn't on the same level as Seth Jones, Roman Josi patriengalo eat.... But he is much younger than Josi and patriengalo. As to say you got to add little is false. You really think adding little to Adam fox or ADA would bring Lindholm you're wrong.

If Lindholm is a 2D, what are those Rangers defensemen? Do you think the Rangers paid 8M a year to a 3 or 4 D?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Then why would they do it? And if they would, why would we? A small add doesn't seem worth it either way.

The Rangers have so much depth. What are we keeping all this depth for? At some point, you need to use your depth in trades. We don't need to hoard prospects.

Reactions: egelband

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The Rangers have so much depth. What are we keeping all this depth for? At some point, you need to use your depth in trades. We don't need to hoard prospects.
Yeah, but why trade them for more expensive versions of themselves?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, but why trade them for more expensive versions of themselves?

Is Lindholm very expensive?

And most of these players will never come close to being anywhere near as good as acquiring a player like Lindholm. We were sold on this grand plan of acquiring Howden, Hajek, 1st, 2nd for McDonagh. Howden won't be better than bottom six, Hajek won't be better than third pairing, the 2nd is Henriksson, the first is Lundkvist. Outside of Lundkvist, who still hasn't played in the NHL, it's unlikely that any of those four assets turns into a top half of the league player. We don't need to hoard quantity. We need top-end quality to become a top-level team.

How much better would we be if we didn't make that trade and gave McDonagh 6.75 instead of 8M to Trouba? We'd have a more balanced L-R with our defense, and would have kept quality over quantity. Trouba, his contract and the futures acquired in that trade is worse than McDonagh and his contract. Quality wins in this league over quantity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad