Value of: Anthony DeAngelo

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
I believe DeAngelo was unwilling to sign long term because he wanted to do exactly what hes doing now - proves hes worth more than they were offering. Part of the reason why hes so cheap this year is because he took the long term option off the table.

This. So many fans on here love to blame a GM for not locking up a player to a sweet deal when they had the chance. It's not always that simple; players aren't stupid. There's situations where they realize all they have to do is stay healthy for the year and they'll be in a much better contract situation the following year. We saw the same thing with Marner. Why in the hell would he have signed the previous offseason when he was lined up for a full season playing with Tavares.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
You know that Dubas, with Keefe as his coach, traded for DeAngelo when his "character issues" were much more recent than they are now?

He is one of the most popular guys in the Rangers' locker room right now and Strome called him "one of the best teammates I've ever had", so whatever issues there might have been they are irrelevant now.

That said, I'm more than happy to not see the Leafs trade for DeAngelo as I would very much like to keep him.

There's no way he's nicer than Panarin.

Reactions: klingsor

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Value now 1st and a high ceiling young forward already on the nhl. Put that in your pipe and smoke it

The value of a 65 point RD is a better than 65 point LD because RDs are so much more rare. Or a more talented F. It isn't some futures. That's ludicrous.

We don't need another Zubov situation where we trade an offensive dynamo defenseman and then watch him in his full glory while the Rangers are out of the playoffs by Christmas.

Reactions: klingsor

barr7622

Nov 20, 2018
I feel like a Tony DeAngelo for Travis Dermott deal would make sense for both teams. This would be the base of the deal and additions could be made on both sides to even it out.

barr7622

Nov 20, 2018
I feel like a Tony DeAngelo for Travis Dermott deal would make sense for both teams. This would be the base of the deal and additions could be made on both sides to even it out.
Or maybe Vince Dunn. These are definitely offseason deals.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hampus Lindholm+Max Comtois for Vitaly Kravtsov+DeAngelo? This hurts as a Rangers fan but Lindholm fills the 1LHD spot and Comtois could be a Kreider replacement. Ducks get future 60 point RHD and a forward with Kuznetsov like upside. If the Rangers duo hit their potential the Ducks slightly win but Lindholm and Comtois fill important needs for us and we have a lot of high-end skill already. (Zib, Panarin, Chytil, Kakko, 2020 1st)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I think there would need to be a significant add from the Leafs. Dermott is not anywhere near as proven as DeAngelo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad