Value of: Anthony DeAngelo

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
DeAngelo should be in the "not available unless for a ridiculous overpayment"-category. I'd much rather trade Trouba if we need to move an RD.

His breakout isn't surprising at all, just a matter of getting the opportunity to play and getting the confidence of the coach that his playstyle will help the team more than it hurts them since it's very high risk/reward. He was the most offensively dominant defenceman in the CHL since Bobby Orr adjusted for team scoring.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
DeAngelo should be in the "not available unless for a ridiculous overpayment"-category. I'd much rather trade Trouba if we need to move an RD.

His breakout isn't surprising at all, just a matter of getting the opportunity to play and getting the confidence of the coach that his playstyle will help the team more than it hurts them since it's very high risk/reward. He was the most offensively dominant defenceman in the CHL since Bobby Orr adjusted for team scoring.
I would trade Trouba as well but he has a NMC.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Imagine if the Devils had kept their 2nd round pick and used it to sign ADA to an offer sheet instead of trading it for Subban. GMs need to get over their aversion to offer sheets.
Imagine if DeAngelo said no...

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Well the last one we saw was really dumb

Aho's offer sheet was easily matched by Carolina. The Rangers would have had a much harder time matching a $3mm AAV offer sheet. That's the right circumstance for an offer sheet. Similar to LeBanc in San Jose, although with LeBanc it was quid pro quo, so I doubt he would have signed an offer sheet. With ADA it seems like they rammed the contract down his throat since he didn't sign it until shortly before camp.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Aho's offer sheet was easily matched by Carolina. The Rangers would have had a much harder time matching a $3mm AAV offer sheet. That's the right circumstance for an offer sheet. Similar to LeBanc in San Jose, although with LeBanc it was quid pro quo, so I doubt he would have signed an offer sheet. With ADA it seems like they rammed the contract down his throat since he didn't sign it until shortly before camp.
We would've just traded Namestnikov to make room (which we wound up doing anyway a few weeks later).

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
WHAT THE ACTUAL **** AM I READING?

ADA and a first round pick for Sandin? ADA is WAY more valuable than Sandin right now.

Sandin is a very promising prospect but at this stage thats all he is. ADA is a proven NHL'r and one of the best young offensive dmen in the league. He is on course for a 70 point season (unlikely but he is).

It should be the Leafs adding the 1st rounder not NYR.

People can question this all they want but ADA has become a legit top offensive performer this year and broke out in a big way. This is DeAngelo hitting his potential and his value is extremely high.

No he isnt as a Habs fan I would take Sandin over ADA any day of the week. There is a reason ADA was moved to Arizona for like a 2nd and again to the rangers. He plays the same way as burns but is weak and has 0 physicality. #terrible defensively.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
No he isnt as a Habs fan I would take Sandin over ADA any day of the week. There is a reason ADA was moved to Arizona for like a 2nd and again to the rangers. He plays the same way as burns but is weak and has 0 physicality. #terrible defensively.
Zero Physicality? Lol, you don’t know who ADA is with a silly statement like that.

Riley Nash vs Tony DeAngelo Fight (Nov. 10, 2018)

Wayne Simmonds vs Anthony DeAngelo Feb 18, 2018

ADA plays physical and drops the gloves.

Pooooof goes whatever credibility you ever had. Don’t offer your opinion on players you clearly don’t watch.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
LOL!

This is most ridiculous analysis of Tony DeAngelo I have seen yet.

How can you honestly compare the Tony DeAngelo at 20 years old when he was traded to Arizona 4 years ago to the Tony DeAngelo of today?

Have you even actually sat down and whats Tony DeAngelo play, except when NYR are against the Habs?

...and zero physicality.....I just shake my head in disappointment at you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad