NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
different positions. their influence on the game is not the same

and like i mentioned, the pelicans swept the blazers in the playoffs. are we going to forget about that?
Yes, they swept them by employing a specifically tailored strategy that worked against the Blazers. The coaching staff and Jrue Holiday were the MVPs in that series, not even Davis.

And if big men can't influence the game to that degree, haven't we been severely overvaluing AD all these years?

Reactions: lilphildub

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yes, they swept them by employing a specifically tailored strategy that worked against the Blazers. The coaching staff and Jrue Holiday were the MVPs in that series, not even Davis.

And if big men can't influence the game to that degree, haven't we been severely overvaluing AD all these years?

great point guards can make those around them better to an extent that big men can't

and what has lillard done since LMA left? gotten swept out of the playoffs two years in a row. AD has had no help his entire career aside from jrue holiday and cousins for basically one full season. and since LMA left, lillard has had mccollum and this season nurkic has progressed into a pretty good center. its safe to say both are superstars who aren't surrounded by other stars but i wouldn't compare them

Reactions: Voight

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
great point guards can make those around them better to an extent that big men can't

and what has lillard done since LMA left? gotten swept out of the playoffs two years in a row. AD has had no help his entire career aside from jrue holiday and cousins for basically one full season. and since LMA left, lillard has had mccollum and this season nurkic has progressed into a pretty good center. its safe to say both are superstars who aren't surrounded by other stars but i wouldn't compare them
Holiday > McCollum
One season of Nurk vs one season of Boogie

I don't see it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What did Stern do that was so bad? He rejected the CP3 trade as a representative of the team ownership. And rightfully so.

He only did that because like Terry said, other owners whined & moaned that it "wasnt fair" meanwhile they took a worse deal.

It really bugs me about AD. He looks like a God on the court, his stats are obviously insane. But why can't he lead his team to success? Is it his fault? Is it just the game moving on from traditional bigs (Embiid disagrees there though)?

He just swept Portland and not only that but Dame at least has a co star in McCollum and has had a waaay better supporting cast.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Big thing about NOLA is how they have wasted all of their first round picks. There is not one contributor on the roster that they drafted in the 1st round post-Davis. The one player that actually became something is Hield.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
He only did that because like Terry said, other owners whined & moaned that it "wasnt fair" meanwhile they took a worse deal.

He just swept Portland and not only that but Dame at least has a co star in McCollum and has had a waaay better supporting cast.
Holiday is better than McCollum.

Reactions: cgf

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Takes him 7 minutes to make that - great job NBA, you guys really showed him !!!

Amazes me that the Lakers are the most successful franchise and yet the NBA (more specifically Stern) has always had something against them.
It's because they buy their championships.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Outside of them signing Shaq this simply isnt true. Bynum was drafted by them, Gasol was brought in thru trade, they traded a top center (Divac) for a freshly drafted Kobe.
Kareem Abdul jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain? The Lakers have a very long history of going out and getting the most valuable player in the league.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
surprisingly, shaq was the only superstar big man they acquired thru FA. wilt and kareem were acquired thru trades and so was gasol.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kareem Abdul jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain? The Lakers have a very long history of going out and getting the most valuable player in the league.

Both were acquired thru trades. Not "bought"

Going out and getting the best player in the league is something you do to become the most succesful franchise.

& lest we forget that they were heavily critiqued for trading Divac, a top center at the time, for a 17 year old high school kid.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
wasn't that far off from happening

blazers took dame #6 overall in 2012 while the pels had the #10 overall pick
Just looked at that draft again. What an awful draft. Yeah you got Davis, Beal, Draymond, Lillard, and to an extent Drummond and Waiters but other than that there's not much.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Just looked at that draft again. What an awful draft. Yeah you got Davis, Beal, Draymond, Lillard, and to an extent Drummond and Waiters but other than that there's not much.

you want awful? look at the 2013 draft

2012 is amazing compared to that

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Drummond has a career PER of 21.7, and has lead the league in rebounds the last 3 seasons - and is leading again this year

I'm not sure what more you want from the guy, but he's having an excellent career so far

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Drummond has a career PER of 21.7, and has lead the league in rebounds the last 3 seasons - and is leading again this year

I'm not sure what more you want from the guy, but he's having an excellent career so far
Not saying he’s not but to say he’s on the same level as the other four is reaching. Also I wouldn’t have him as a difference maker which is what I was aiming for. Every guy I’ve listed has the potential to take over a game while I don’t believe Drummond or Waiters have that ability.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Both were acquired thru trades. Not "bought"

Going out and getting the best player in the league is something you do to become the most succesful franchise.

& lest we forget that they were heavily critiqued for trading Divac, a top center at the time, for a 17 year old high school kid.
Kareem and Wilt were the same as Davis. They said they wanted out of Milwaukee/Philly and wanted to go to LA so they made the trade. LA traded Divac to bring in Shaq(who also wanted to go to LA). They changed half their roster with a snap of a finger.

Divac was never a top center in the league.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Would you go all in if you were Masai? He took the risk once with Kawhi but he didn't give up his top young pieces in the deal so it was a no-brainer because he knows it'll be time to rebuild in a year anyways if he leaves. To get Davis they'll likely have to trade something like Siakam, Anunoby, JV (salary purposes), and a future pick. Davis would make them even more of a contender and he'd still be under contract for another year but losing Siakam would be a huge blow if both Kawhi and Davis left. An Ibaka, Davis, Kawhi, Green, and Lowry lineup would be ridiculous and the type to possibly give the Warriors a legit fight.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Drummond is the definition of empty stats.

Reactions: Gecklund

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Kareem and Wilt were the same as Davis. They said they wanted out of Milwaukee/Philly and wanted to go to LA so they made the trade. LA traded Divac to bring in Shaq(who also wanted to go to LA). They changed half their roster with a snap of a finger.

Divac was never a top center in the league.

when has davis ever stated he wants to go to LA?

exactly. they acquired guys like kareem, wilt, and gasol through trades. that's not "buying" a title

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Would you go all in if you were Masai? He took the risk once with Kawhi but he didn't give up his top young pieces in the deal so it was a no-brainer because he knows it'll be time to rebuild in a year anyways if he leaves. To get Davis they'll likely have to trade something like Siakam, Anunoby, JV (salary purposes), and a future pick. Davis would make them even more of a contender and he'd still be under contract for another year but losing Siakam would be a huge blow if both Kawhi and Davis left. An Ibaka, Davis, Kawhi, Green, and Lowry lineup would be ridiculous and the type to possibly give the Warriors a legit fight.

I mean, I would. If anything's going to convince Kawhi to stay it'll be another top-5 player. If Kawhi leaves, they can still sell Davis and jump start a rebuild. This is the best chance they'll have at winning a championship, go all in and hope they stay, but even if they don't it's your best shot.

Reactions: Avs_19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad