NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
No one wants to help Danny Ainge either.

No kidding. For me he's even more unlikable than the Lakers. People don't want to see either one of them do well but teams from each conference could reluctantly try to help facilitate a deal to keep Davis in the other conference.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
a little bit

mostly because on July 1, he can have both. Once Kyrie's new deal kicks in the Rose rule wouldnt apply anymore

Kyrie hasn't signed that deal yet, though. And there are still occasional thoughts floated of him going here or there or wherever to play with X or Y. With how this Celtics team hasn't gelled this year, and how well they did in last year's playoffs, I could see Ainge deciding to change the team up. Especially if the end result is essentially swapping one star in Kyrie for another star in Davis.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If you put Embiid or Giannis with Holiday, Randle, Mirotic and lots of shooters, they would be better than 13th. I think it would be a mistake to give up a lot for AD. Hes overrated.
Giannis maybe, because in my opinion, he is one of the most influential players in the league. Embiid definitely no.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Kyrie hasn't signed that deal yet, though. And there are still occasional thoughts floated of him going here or there or wherever to play with X or Y. With how this Celtics team hasn't gelled this year, and how well they did in last year's playoffs, I could see Ainge deciding to change the team up. Especially if the end result is essentially swapping one star in Kyrie for another star in Davis.

definitely true.

If any GM is going to have the balls to make that move, its certainly Ainge.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Giannis maybe, because in my opinion, he is one of the most influential players in the league. Embiid definitely no.

Why wouldnt Embiid do well? Theres clearly a decent supporting cast around AD. it's unacceptable for them to be at 13th. It seems to me that AD Is another player who values their own stats more than the teams success. Embiid is a better team player, and going to NOLA where theres actually shooters would allow him to play the way he wants.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why wouldnt Embiid do well? Theres clearly a decent supporting cast around AD. it's unacceptable for them to be at 13th. It seems to me that AD Is another player who values their own stats more than the teams success. Embiid is a better team player, and going to NOLA where theres actually shooters would allow him to play the way he wants.
There really isn't a supporting cast in NO. Yeah you got Jrue who is pretty good but very injury prone. You got Randle who plays the same position as Davis. You got Mirotic that plays the same position as Randle and Davis. You got a few shooters in Moore, Hill, etc. The thing is though outside of Davis there are no difference makers. The rest are pretty meh.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

There is no way in hell the Sixers are trading Embiid. None.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I know that they aren't really in the hunt but if Lakers are unwilling to offer much right now, Clippers could offer a lot right now.

Something around Robinson (lottery pick last year), Thornwell (actually playing really well and young), Delgado (C that is playing really well in G-League) and as many draft picks as it takes. They would have to send back some salary (Gortat and a little bit more would work).
A bunch of G Leaguers and a salary dump? :biglaugh:

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
There really isn't a supporting cast in NO. Yeah you got Jrue who is pretty good but very injury prone. You got Randle who plays the same position as Davis. You got Mirotic that plays the same position as Randle and Davis. You got a few shooters in Moore, Hill, etc. The thing is though outside of Davis there are no difference makers. The rest are pretty meh.
Yeah the cast isn't ideal but there are worse teams who are doing better right now. Giannis doesn't have any other difference makers, Harden doesn't have any difference makers. They're still doing well.
There is no way in hell the Sixers are trading Embiid. None.

I wasnt suggesting that. I was comparing AD to Embiid and saying Embiid would do better with NOLA than AD.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
A bunch of G Leaguers and a salary dump? :biglaugh:
More like a lottery pick, 2 young impact players, and a bunch of picks.

Yeah the cast isn't ideal but there are worse teams who are doing better right now. Giannis doesn't have any other difference makers, Harden doesn't have any difference makers. They're still doing well.

I wasnt suggesting that. I was comparing AD to Embiid and saying Embiid would do better with NOLA than AD.
Harden has Paul and Capela. Both are miles better than anyone on NO other than Davis.

Giannis has Middleton, Bledsoe, and much better shooters.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lols the celtics are not going to trade kyrie to get AD. that defeats the entire purpose of getting him

and i wouldn't put it past jerry west to somehow work his black magic and bring AD to the clippers. that guy is a better executive than he was a player

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Sorry, misunderstood.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Boston can't trade for AD unless Kyrie is traded, because of the Rose rule.

Why the 'Rose Rule' prevents the Celtics from trading for Anthony Davis now

I am aware, my point still stands.

would it really be that surprising to see Ainge bring Davis in one door while pushing Kyrie out another?

The goal is the form a big 3 with Kyrie and two others so I doubt it. However they basically gave up nothing for him so it wouldn't be a big loss asset wise.

However they wont get anything crazy for him.

No one wants to help Danny Ainge either.

It wont be easy for Boston with max salary going to Hayward & Kyrie up for a max deal in a couple months. Add in the fact its going to cost them Tatum and probably Brown, the C's wont be left with much depth.

Bring AD to the Clippers for anyone other than Shai/Harris.

lols the celtics are not going to trade kyrie to get AD. that defeats the entire purpose of getting him

and i wouldn't put it past jerry west to somehow work his black magic and bring AD to the clippers. that guy is a better executive than he was a player

Shai is their only Davis-worthy asset. Besides, going there isnt going to do anything for him, yea you have an owner with huge pockets but even tho its LA, players have never cared to sign with the Clippers nor are they the type of contedner he wants to join. Add in the stunt they pulled on Blake, its an uphill battle.

However Terry you're right, Jerry West is one helluva magician.

Reactions: Gecklund

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in the Jimmy Butler requests a trade thread:

I'm so tired of these players and their "I've got to get mine" attitude

I really don't know how anybody can be a fan of this league

AD is actually doing NO a favour. By requesting a trade they'll get a big haul for him instead of watching him leave for nothing.

Reactions: Voight

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I am aware, my point still stands.

It wont be easy for Boston with max salary going to Hayward & Kyrie up for a max deal in a couple months. Add in the fact its going to cost them Tatum and probably Brown, the C's wont be left with much depth.

Ainge could decide that AD + Rozier + depth > Kyrie + AD. Rozier is probably a starter on a lot of teams. Otherwise, like you say, it will cost them a lot of depth.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Honestly, is this the end of the Pels (as in they are moving)? It feels like it could and possibly should be.

That's the worst part for the true fans there. They don't draw big crowds as it is and it'll only get worse if you take away Davis. I don't know if they'll move but that talk will start to heat up for sure.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
The goal is the form a big 3 with Kyrie and two others so I doubt it. However they basically gave up nothing for him so it wouldn't be a big loss asset wise.

However they wont get anything crazy for him.

That would be ideal, but I'm not sure what Ainge feels comfortable with if Kyrie doesn't want to re-sign until after the season. Does he hold back on making any deals and risk not having either of them next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->