NBA Anthony Davis requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Honestly, is this the end of the Pels (as in they are moving)? It feels like it could and possibly should be.

They had 7 years to figure it out with one of the best players of this era. The Bensons fault for only caring about the Saints.

Ainge could decide that AD + Rozier + depth > Kyrie + AD. Rozier is probably a starter on a lot of teams. Otherwise, like you say, it will cost them a lot of depth.

AD would also become Alpha Dog, which Kyrie hated about LeBron going home. Not sure he'd want to stray, hes already got a ring so he can literally do whatever pleases him.

That would be ideal, but I'm not sure what Ainge feels comfortable with if Kyrie doesn't want to re-sign until after the season. Does he hold back on making any deals and risk not having either of them next season?

He'd still have Hayward/Horford/Tatum/Brown which isnt the worst core. I'd love to see Ainge fail tho.

Sep 19, 2008

My Lakers bandwagon is in full force should they get Davis. Although it probably means giving up someone useful.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lakers need to act now if they want any chance at acquiring him. fortunately for them, zubac has been playing great lately. perfect timing

wait until the summer and he's probably going to boston. no one should be untouchable aside from lebron obviously

ingram/kuzma/zubac/wagner/picks would be my guess. throw lonzo in there too but i'm not sure if the pels would want him in all honesty

Reactions: Voight

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, Boston is not trading for Anthony Davis because AD won't re-sign there if Kyrie is part of the deal going the other way, and that's the only way this deal can happen unless Kyrie is moved in a different trade. But again, AD would want to play WITH Kyrie, not see him moved out.

This has AD-to-LA written all over it. Now, whether that's Lakers or Clippers is still TBD.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
AD is actually doing NO a favour. By requesting a trade they'll get a big haul for him instead of watching him leave for nothing.
He either walks away from the team in 2020 after giving NO 8 years of service or they move him before then.

Players have the power in the NBA. As long as he plays hard for them until he is either traded or leaves via free agency that’s pretty much all the fans can expect out of him.

NO traded for Cousins and he gets hurts and signs a cheap deal with GS. When smal markets draft a top level player they do need to add to their roster to keep them around long term. This is already year 7 for AD.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
That's the worst part for the true fans there. They don't draw big crowds as it is and it'll only get worse if you take away Davis. I don't know if they'll move but that talk will start to heat up for sure.
Probably one of the reasons why AD was hesitant to demand a trade. Doesn't wanna upset people/be the bad guy. But Davis' talent is wasted in NO.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Why would AD got to NYC unless he knows someone's coming with him.

He isn't going to a place that'll have an injured KP and nothing else.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Statement from the New Orleans Pelicans | New Orleans Pelicans
This past weekend, Anthony Davis’ representatives informed us that Anthony does not wish to sign a contract extension with our team and subsequently has requested a trade. Although we are disappointed in this decision, our organization’s top priority is to bring an NBA championship to our city and fans and build our team for long-term success.
Relative to specific talks of a trade, we will do this on our terms and our timeline. One that makes the most sense for our team and it will not be dictated by those outside of our organization. We have also requested the League to strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction.

"Ok everybody, NO funny business now!"

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, Boston is not trading for Anthony Davis because AD won't re-sign there if Kyrie is part of the deal going the other way, and that's the only way this deal can happen unless Kyrie is moved in a different trade. But again, AD would want to play WITH Kyrie, not see him moved out.

This has AD-to-LA written all over it. Now, whether that's Lakers or Clippers is still TBD.

0 chance the Pelicans want a pending free agent who has 0 desire to sign there. Its one thing to do what the Raps did and acquire a guy like that before the season, but 4 months aint long enough. If the Celtics get rid of Horford and then get Kyrie/Davis to sign discounted deals, they can fit those two in with Hayward. They'd lose Tatum but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Why would AD got to NYC unless he knows someone's coming with him.

He isn't going to a place that'll have an injured KP and nothing else.

Porzingis would surely be going the other way unless the Knicks clinch a top 2 pick aka Zion or RJ Barrett. Even then, who knows if Porzingis will play at the same level as he did pre injury.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
0 chance the Pelicans want a pending free agent who has 0 desire to sign there. Its one thing to do what the Raps did and acquire a guy like that before the season, but 4 months aint long enough. If the Celtics get rid of Horford and then get Kyrie/Davis to sign discounted deals, they can fit those two in with Hayward. They'd lose Tatum but you gotta do what you gotta do.
The thing is they'd have to take the chance on Kyrie coming back to them because he can't be there if they acquire AD. From a purely business standpoint, I don't know if that's a chance I'd be willing to take if I'm Boston.

I think they're clearly out of the hunt on this one, despite arguably having the best resources for a trade.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The thing is they'd have to take the chance on Kyrie coming back to them because he can't be there if they acquire AD. From a purely business standpoint, I don't know if that's a chance I'd be willing to take if I'm Boston.

I think they're clearly out of the hunt on this one, despite arguably having the best resources for a trade.

I think so too & it seems like Davis is more interested in NYC & LA

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Statement from the New Orleans Pelicans | New Orleans Pelicans
This past weekend, Anthony Davis’ representatives informed us that Anthony does not wish to sign a contract extension with our team and subsequently has requested a trade. Although we are disappointed in this decision, our organization’s top priority is to bring an NBA championship to our city and fans and build our team for long-term success.
Relative to specific talks of a trade, we will do this on our terms and our timeline. One that makes the most sense for our team and it will not be dictated by those outside of our organization. We have also requested the League to strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction.

"Ok everybody, NO funny business now!"

lols its only tampering when the lakers are involved

basketball reasons in 3...2...1

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Hmmm.......

Regarding team preferences, Boston is not a top target for Davis, sources said. There’s a growing belief of uncertainty that Kyrie Irving will re-sign with Boston, sources said, even though he vowed to do so at the beginning of the season.

I thought the recent LeBron/Kyrie stuff was just something for the media to talk about but now you have that from Haynes, the biggest Celtics homer out there (Bill Simmons) saying he's no longer as confident about Kyrie staying, and Windhorst openly speculating about Kyrie and Davis joining LeBron in LA.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Haha. He underwent surgery this past summer as soon as LeBron signed and his name came up in trade rumours. Now they're already letting it be known he'd prefer not to go to the Pelicans.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

Haha. He underwent surgery this past summer as soon as LeBron signed and his name came up in trade rumours. Now they're already letting it be known he'd prefer not to go to the Pelicans.

PICTURED: Lonzo's "camp":

WfiI6A6.jpg

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
lols its only tampering when the lakers are involved

basketball reasons in 3...2...1

But its OK for Stern to veto a trade that involves a star going to the Lakers.

At least Silver seems like he doesn't give a crap and just wants everyone to get along. People by now need to realize that players are allowed to tamper.... hello Draymond calling KD from the Oracle parking lot. You cant prevent them from talking to one another. Oh and any "PG tampering" clearly failed :laugh:

LeBron and Wade originally talked about teaming up in 2007... Gilbert never filed tampering charges after The Decision because he knows its a losing battle.

No he doesn't. Klutch Sports is owned by Bron's childhood mate Rich Paul.

There are rumours LeBron gave him some start up cash/is a silent partner but regardless there are 20 other NBA players who are signed w/ Klutch so the narrative doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->