Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Going to begin a long eating of my words about Beauvillier. His strength on the puck has increased a lot. Very happy with his development. This is a guy who will hold Lord Stanley one day.

Reactions: Konk

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Been saying it since his rookie year...

Once he rounds out his game, this kid is that X-factor player you kill for in the playoffs. A complete player who does everything well, but really gets things going with his non-stop motor that rallies his teammates when things can get down.

I compared him to a more skilled Cizikas. The kid has the goods and it's great to have him and Cizikas provide jump so regularly. The only unfortunate thing about his development has been that he's on the wing instead of down the middle, but that's such a minor thing at this point.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Already eclipsed last seasons assist totals.

Three points earlier today. Total beast.

We don't have to beat ourselves up for doubting him last year, he really did suck. For those who say he didn't suck he just had bad luck, you can say that about ten games but not a whole season.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
This kid has earned everything he is getting. Excellent draft pick. Personally I think he and Barzal eventually become batman and robin on the first line. AB's forechecking ability and speed are such an asset.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I compared him to a more skilled Cizikas. The kid has the goods and it's great to have him and Cizikas provide jump so regularly. The only unfortunate thing about his development has been that he's on the wing instead of down the middle, but that's such a minor thing at this point.
I still think that's a terrible comparison, but we'll let the past stay in the past... except...

I believe you were wrong, you had him pegged as a future 3rd liner, right? Come on PK, time to eat crow on that one. ;)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I still think that's a terrible comparison, but we'll let the past stay in the past... except...

I believe you were wrong, you had him pegged as a future 3rd liner, right? Come on PK, time to eat crow on that one. ;)

Didn't I already? :laugh:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Is he becoming a game breaker or what?

In the right spot I think he can be. Would love to see Trotz revisit the magic that was Beau-Barz-Eberle again. That’s our best bet of having a truly elite 1st line, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Beau really makes a name for himself around the rest of the league in that scenario.

But yeah, regardless of where he ends up he’s proven to be a guy who can drive play and give 100% effort every shift. Gotta love him.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
In the right spot I think he can be. Would love to see Trotz revisit the magic that was Beau-Barz-Eberle again. That’s our best bet of having a truly elite 1st line, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Beau really makes a name for himself around the rest of the league in that scenario.

But yeah, regardless of where he ends up he’s proven to be a guy who can drive play and give 100% effort every shift. Gotta love him.
I can’t remember who said it a while back, but it was necessary to get Tito off Barzal’s line because he was becoming too passive and letting Maty do all the work. He looked very shaky and tentative handling the puck and would constantly dish off to Barzal.
Now he’s becoming more confident and assertive with the puck all while still being a puck hound and retaining the high motor he’s had since he first came up.
So yeah, it might be time to reunite them in the near future.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
We all knew Beau had the skill to be the internal boost we desperately needed (and still do to some degree). He is playing with confidence and looks like the fastest guy out there most nights. He has everything it takes to be a legitimate 1st line winger, all he needs to do is demonstrate consistency. I'm grateful to have him on the team. Wouldn't be surprised to see him leading in production as early as next season.

Reactions: JayF and PK Cronin

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I can’t remember who said it a while back, but it was necessary to get Tito off Barzal’s line because he was becoming too passive and letting Maty do all the work. He looked very shaky and tentative handling the puck and would constantly dish off to Barzal.
Now he’s becoming more confident and assertive with the puck all while still being a puck hound and retaining the high motor he’s had since he first came up.
So yeah, it might be time to reunite them in the near future.

giphy.gif

Might not have been the only one, but...

scott99

May 13, 2005
I have said this since his inception in the league, he is a Benoit Hogue clone...
I like this a lot. But I think he's even more talented. Its a totally different era, Hogue scored 99 goals in the 3 FULL seasons he played with the Isles (225 games), averaged 36 goals per 82 games played, so Hogue was a really good player for the Isles, but if you translate that into this era of stronger defense and stronger overall goaltending, it's probably an average of about 25 goals. I think Beauvillier can have a few seasons of 30+ goals. I think he is finally extremely confident in his abilities. He was a sniper in junior hockey, I think that can translate to the NHL, maybe not as much as he scored in juniors, but several 25-30 goal seasons.

Reactions: danteipp

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I like this a lot. But I think he's even more talented. Its a totally different era, Hogue scored 99 goals in the 3 FULL seasons he played with the Isles (225 games), averaged 36 goals per 82 games played, so Hogue was a really good player for the Isles, but if you translate that into this era of stronger defense and stronger overall goaltending, it's probably an average of about 25 goals. I think Beauvillier can have a few seasons of 30+ goals. I think he is finally extremely confident in his abilities. He was a sniper in junior hockey, I think that can translate to the NHL, maybe not as much as he scored in juniors, but several 25-30 goal seasons.
Benoit Hogue was super fun to watch. Miss that little prick...

Reactions: danteipp and mm11

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020

I like that line but me personally, I think Bailey fits better on that RW. He's more responsible defensively which I think you'll need as I can see Barzal and Beau becoming super aggressive at times.

It wouldn't surprise me if Trotz sees that this change needs to happen also. I would think though that he's waiting until later in the playoffs. Once we make this move, there aren't many more changes that we can make to our lineup to provide a spark offensively. If we change it now, what do we do if the team goes flat in the future. Ride the lineup as is until its a better time to make the switch.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Im a little young to remember Hogue. Since Tito has come into the league he has reminded me alot of Zach Parise. Dont know if Tito will ever reach the offensivw heights of Parise though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad