News: Ansar Khan - Green Will Waive His NTC for Tampa Bay and Other Potential DET Moves

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
You would do a 1st instead of Erne + 2nd? Erne is alright but be doesn't have a spot outside the 4th line next year. Rather keep the 1st so we can target a Wilde or Woo with that pick.

At this point in time, I would. We haven't had the best luck with first rounders in the Yzerman era, and I think a guy that plays the type of game Erne does will be relatively useful to TB in the near future.

I don't necessarily walk away if it's Erne and a 2nd, I'd just rather give up the late first.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Since its abundantly clear you never bothered to read the article before criticizing the journalist, i'll post the Glendening excerpt here:

'Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock coached Glendening for two seasons in Detroit and is desperately seeking a fourth-line center and "shut-down guy." The Red Wings have made it clear they're not giving him away; they want a decent pick or one of Toronto's many good prospects. Right wing Kasperi Kapanen, who's appeared in 16 games for the Leafs this season, is a possibility.'

Your analogy is also terrible

Except he's not a possibility.

Reactions: FishManSam

member 147413

Since its abundantly clear you never bothered to read the article before criticizing the journalist, i'll post the Glendening excerpt here:

'Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock coached Glendening for two seasons in Detroit and is desperately seeking a fourth-line center and "shut-down guy." The Red Wings have made it clear they're not giving him away; they want a decent pick or one of Toronto's many good prospects. Right wing Kasperi Kapanen, who's appeared in 16 games for the Leafs this season, is a possibility.'

Your analogy is also terrible
Why is Kapanen a possibility? Anything is possible. Marner is a possibility. It’s ridiculously outlandish but a possibility. What is the point of mentioning Kapanen?

Thank you for posting that excerpt because it proves my point, he’s speculating for reader interest... click... bait...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Get real. Kapanen has not proven much. I could see why the Leafs might be more interested in giving up a meaningless youngster instead of picks.

There's some stuff in this thread that's pretty ridiculous but this is no 1

Congratulations

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Why is Kapanen a possibility? Anything is possible. Marner is a possibility. It’s ridiculously outlandish but a possibility. What is the point of mentioning Kapanen?

Thank you for posting that excerpt because it proves my point, he’s speculating for reader interest... click... bait...

All it means is that Wings management values Glendening more than you do... If it was reported beforehand that the Leafs wanted a pair of 2nds for Roman Polak would it have been click bait? Whatever, think what you want. Khan will continue to be one of the best local beat writers. He was right on the money last trade deadline

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
All it means is that Wings management values Glendening more than you do... If it was reported beforehand that the Leafs wanted a pair of 2nds for Roman Polak would it have been click bait? Whatever, think what you want. Khan will continue to be one of the best local beat writers. He was right on the money last trade deadline

He didn't say they want Kapanen. He said that Kapanen was a possibility which seems like pure speculation on his part and doesn't make any sense for the other team in the equation.

He chose a player he thinks fits the mold of their ask but aimed too high. Glendening does not get you Kapanen.

And I like Glendening. I'd like to see him in Toronto if price is reasonable enough.

Reactions: FishManSam

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Can someone give an honest assessment of Green's play in his own zone?

It's well documented that he has a lot of offensive accument.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Cool. So, Matt Martin is worth Svechnikov, right? ... by that logic I mean... svechnikov has played what? Zero?

Kap cannot crack the Leafs' top 6 and he probably won't crack DET's either. Do you actually think. He's a 50-60 point winger? No way. The leafs have a lot of wing depth. Let go of Kap and your emotion. If one of TOR's centers goes down then they are in trouble. Goat and Moore don't cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
You weren't around when the Leafs acquired Kurvers or Raycroft, were you?

I don't think "we traded a pick and were surprised by how bad we are and then they drafted a hall of famer when we would've used the pick on shawn thornton or whatever" is really the same. Rask for Raycroft was always bad, but I don't hammer it too hard because goaltending is sorta always voodoo.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Way too emotional. Kap cannot crack the Leafs' top 6 and he probably won't crack DET's either. Do you actually think. He's a 50-60 point winger? No way. The leafs have a lot of wing depth. Let go of Kap and your emotion. If one of TOR's centers goes down then they are in trouble. Goat and Moore don't cut it.

The problem with your logic here is that Glendening is worse than not having a fourth line center at all, and also you know absolutely nothing about Kasperi Kapanen.

member 147413

His speculation is mildly controversial (we wouldn’t be having this conversation if it wasn’t). As another poster mentioned, moving Kap does not make sense for the Leafs. The controversy leads to discussion, discussion leads to more hits/views on the article. I don’t doubt he’s a great local beat writer, I would be surprised if Green didn’t go to Tampa, but the part on Kapanen is ridiculous and unnecessary, it’s nothing other than speculation and to an extent clickbaity.

Was it reported that Leafs asked for two 2nds for Polak? If it was, I would have assumed click bait at the time because it’s a ridiculous ask for a plug.

If Kapanen is traded for Glendening, then I look even more like the idiot I am. Chances are, he won’t be because it’s dumb.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Where the hell do the lightning slot Green in? I take it they would be bringing him in for his puck moving so I doubt they would play him with Hedman since Heddy is just fine at that. They probably move Stralman back up with Hedman and put Green on second pair right side. But with whom?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am have no doubt Babcock Loves, and wants Glendening you know who else he loves? Kasperi Kapenan, that will never happen.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
One clueless media member makes up a fake news tweet and people get crazy throwing out Kapanen for Glendening.

Does everyone knows he’s a 4th liner with 4 years on his contract? He has negative value...

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
You can have Kapanen for Green (50%) and Glendening (50%). Otherwise, 0% chance Kapanen is going to Detroit.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
One clueless media member makes up a fake news tweet and people get crazy throwing out Kapanen for Glendening.

Does everyone knows he’s a 4th liner with 4 years on his contract? He has negative value...
Surprised Leafs fans don’t know by now that Mike Babcock loves his vets and would pay a premium to get them.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Where the hell do the lightning slot Green in? I take it they would be bringing him in for his puck moving so I doubt they would play him with Hedman since Heddy is just fine at that. They probably move Stralman back up with Hedman and put Green on second pair right side. But with whom?
I’ve wondered the same thing. Not sure Green with Serge works. He can play with Heddy just fine I suppose. Maybe the Lightning do something else like Jack Johnson for a brand new 2nd pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad