News: Ansar Khan - Green Will Waive His NTC for Tampa Bay and Other Potential DET Moves

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I couldnt find a Mike Green thread (even though I know theres one somewhere) but an article from Detroits best wings reporter came out today saying that Green has waived his NTC to go to Tampa Bay. "The lightning and wings have had many discussion and will continue to do so"... says that a deal will likely be based around Tampas first rounder.

Other tidbits include Babcock wants Glendening and Kapanen is a possibility. Howard and Mrazek trades were turned down by the Isles and Flyers. The preds have shown interest in Nyquist as well

Tampa Bay best fit for Red Wings' Mike Green

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wow. Interesting stuff. I’m not surprised the isles turned down the goalie trade. We could use an upgrade in net but the defense is more of a pressing need.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
no to glendening for kap. that would be awful.

i wouldn't be surprised if tampa were to have an extension in place for green right after they acquire him

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I couldnt find a Mike Green thread (even though I know theres one somewhere) but an article from Detroits best wings reporter came out today saying that Green has waived his NTC to go to Tampa Bay. "The lightning and wings have had many discussion and will continue to do so"... says that a deal will likely be based around Tampas first rounder.

Other tidbits include Babcock wants Glendening and Kapanen is a possibility. Howard and Mrazek trades were turned down by the Isles and Flyers. The preds have shown interest in Nyquist as well

Tampa Bay best fit for Red Wings' Mike Green
Kapanen is not going to Detroit for Glendening.

member 147413

Just feels like a Babcock type of move.
Babcock isn’t the GM and has never been one. He has input on personnel decisions, but even then Leafs don’t allow leaks and if a leak was let out by another team, I think Lou would be be stubborn enough to drop any deal.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Lol. Kapanen isn't being traded for Glendening or really rental type player from the Red Wings.

If Glendening was waived today, would teams even pick him and his 3 year deal up?

Lou better tell Babcock to go back and coach and let him do his thing. A solid no to Glendening. Either trade for an impact player or don't make a trade at all. Our window is just opening, teams like Boston and Tampa are in more of a rush. We should not be.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Kapanen for Glendening was included as a way to get hits.

No it wasn't. Khan is well connected with Red Wings management and doesn't venture off into crazy speculation. Just because he stated that the Wings may pursue Kapanen in a Glendening trade doesn't mean that Leafs management would be willing to meet the demand.

Reactions: NickH8

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Lol. Kapanen isn't being traded for Glendening or really rental type player from the Red Wings.

If Glendening was waived today, would teams even pick him and his 3 year deal up?

Lou better tell Babcock to go back and coach and let him do his thing. A solid no to Glendening. Either trade for an impact player or don't make a trade at all. Our window is just opening, teams like Boston and Tampa are in more of a rush. We should not be.

I agree with this. Either trade for someone who can actually move the needle significantly or don't make a trade at all. Glendening wouldn't be the difference between us beating Boston/TB and not. If we could upgrade on Bozak, then that would get me excited. But GTFO with Glendenning.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Babcock doesn't decide who we trade and for what. He may get a voice but the Leafs are NOT trading Kapanen for Glendening. I believe they have interest in Glendening but it's either gonna be a pick or a prospect not on our roster. This writer needs to give his head a shake

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
A 1st round for Green? Woof. That will surely set up the market in a good way for the sellers if that happens.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Detroit would have no interest in Josh Leivo, We want just picks and prospects trying to clear salary here.
Leivo isn't exactly retiring next year.

Kapenen for Glendening would involve the Wings giving up picks and prospects on top so this trade doesn't add up .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->