News: Ansar Khan - Green Will Waive His NTC for Tampa Bay and Other Potential DET Moves

member 147413

No it wasn't. Khan is well connected with Red Wings management and doesn't venture off into crazy speculation. Just because he stated that the Wings may pursue Kapanen in a Glendening trade doesn't mean that Leafs management would be willing to meet the demand.
So it’s like if Dreger had said Leafs had interest in Coyle for McClemment in 2012? (Dreger was very well connected when Nonis was with T.O) Seems like quite the obvious statement for a far fetched proposal, why include it if not for hits?

Of course they want Kapanen for Glendening... it’s such a reach

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Leivo isn't exactly retiring next year.

Kapenen for Glendening would involve the Wings giving up picks and prospects on top so this trade doesn't add up .
Not saying he is, Just that Detroit doesn't want to take on roster player, Need to bring up the kids ASAP. We'd want prospects that can start playing as early as next season.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Glendening is worth a 3rd rounder. Or prospect and a 4th. I'm thinking along the lines of Andrew Nielsen and a 4th. Brian Boyle cost us a 2nd last year, but Brian Boyle is a much better 4C then Glendening.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
So it’s like if Dreger had said Leafs had interest in Coyle for McClemment in 2012? (Dreger was very well connected when Nonis was with T.O) Seems like quite the obvious statement for a far fetched proposal, why include it if not for hits?

Of course they want Kapanen for Glendening... it’s such a reach

The Wings have zero reason to trade Glendening and it has been reported by multiple people that if they do so it won't be cheaply. Asking high doesn't mean you are going to get your ask, and it is not unreasonable that the Wings would do so. Khan has shown a lot of credibility throughout the years with what is going on amongst Wings management. Last year before the TDL, he was reporting several weeks beforehand that it was unlikely that the Wings would get more than a 3rd round pick. Despite that, the majority around here believed he would get at least a 2nd+. Stating that he is reporting this 'just for hits' is just trying to discredit him.

Reactions: NickH8

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I agree with this. Either trade for someone who can actually move the needle significantly or don't make a trade at all. Glendening wouldn't be the difference between us beating Boston/TB and not. If we could upgrade on Bozak, then that would get me excited. But GTFO with Glendenning.

Exactly. Last year it made a lot of sense to get Boyle because all our other options were AHLers.

Glendening is useless. If you really want a centre and don't want Moore to play 4C, put Komarov there. If Babcock can trust him to take draw and play on the PK, he can give him the role of 4C.

I'd be frustrated if we make a deal for Glendening...we're trying to get rid of a contract like Martin's not add even more shitty contracts no matter how small the cap hit is.

My preference for the deadline:

Get a core defenseman if possible (McDonagh)
OR
A depth rental defenseman so Polak is done playing for the Leafs
OR
Do nothing.

You said it perfectly. Glendening isn't the difference between a win or a loss against Boston/Tampa. What's the point of getting him?

Mike Green could help. Glendening is just giving Babcock another toy to play with. Soon he'll be talking about how he eats right, sleeps right, plays right and then put him with Matthews.

Reactions: LeafSadist

member 147413

Title is about GREEN and TAMPA. Why is the thread so off topic? There is already a Glendening thread.
If the Leafs are mentioned, they will become the topic. Sheer numbers of the fan base make it so.

Green to Tampa is such a no brainer that Kapanen for Glendening becomes the most interesting aspect of discussion.

BreakingGood

Jun 29, 2014
Kapanen for Glendening would be, easily, the worst trade in the history of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and the Leafs are an organization that's like "50 years of doing everything wrong except when they accidentally got Mats Sundin."

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If the Leafs are mentioned, they will become the topic. Sheer numbers of the fan base make it so.

Green to Tampa is such a no brainer that Kapanen for Glendening becomes the most interesting aspect of discussion.

One involves Toronto the other does not

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Lol if you read the article you see it’s Khan saying that the Wings would want Kapanen. You would have to be high out of your mind if you think Kapanen is going across for Glendenning

member 147413

The Wings have zero reason to trade Glendening and it has been reported by multiple people that if they do so it won't be cheaply. Asking high doesn't mean you are going to get your ask, and it is not unreasonable that the Wings would do so. Khan has shown a lot of credibility throughout the years with what is going on amongst Wings management. Last year before the TDL, he was reporting several weeks beforehand that it was unlikely that the Wings would get more than a 3rd round pick. Despite that, the majority around here believed he would get at least a 2nd+. Stating that he is reporting this 'just for hits' is just trying to discredit him.
Unless Kapanen is traded for Glendening, there is no other reason to mention it other than click bait.

It’s so obvious that any GM would love a high potential prospect for their depth players that it shouldn’t be mentioned.

I don’t doubt his credibility, but as this thread is a great example. If there’s any hint of Leafs, our insane fan base spreads like wildfire.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I couldnt find a Mike Green thread (even though I know theres one somewhere) but an article from Detroits best wings reporter came out today saying that Green has waived his NTC to go to Tampa Bay. "The lightning and wings have had many discussion and will continue to do so"... says that a deal will likely be based around Tampas first rounder.

Other tidbits include Babcock wants Glendening and Kapanen is a possibility. Howard and Mrazek trades were turned down by the Isles and Flyers. The preds have shown interest in Nyquist as well

Tampa Bay best fit for Red Wings' Mike Green
Kapanen for glendening? Ill believe it when i see it.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Glendening for Kapanen would be absolutely hilarious.
I don't think it would be bad for the Leafs.

With what they have up front already, and having to pay out a few of their high level forwards soon. Glendening is a good bottom-6 player that has contract and cost stability for another three seasons.

These are two very different styles of players and of course everyone here values the 'skill' player much more. I actually think it would be a pretty even trade, however. Maybe Detroit needs to throw in a mid-round pick.

Kapanen is never going to be that special of an offensive player. I think he has a good overall skill-set in a few different capacities and will have a decent career, but I don't think he'll ever tear it up offensively.

This would actually be a great 'hockey trade'.

Reactions: SirloinUB

member 147413

Green improves Tampa quite a bit, if it only costs a 1st and a mid level prospect, that’s a trade they should make.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4