Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

MC94

May 13, 2018
There are people out there who cant wait to bring out the "shawful" comments again. Man, that term makes me cringe.
A year ago I tried sticking up for shaw and 9 out of 10 people thought I was an idiot glad to see some positivity for the guy, plays his heart out every game

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He can be our Killorn. We just miss our Stamkos, our Kucherov, our Point (Kotkaniemi?) and our Hedman. And our Vasilevski ;○))

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
He produces more but what pisses me off about him is that he seemed to have lost his edge. He always has a constant smile on his face like he is hypnotized into being a good boy. I miss the anger he once had. He showed no life against the Bruins. I mean f***ing do something.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He produces more but what pisses me off about him is that he seemed to have lost his edge. He always has a constant smile on his face like he is hypnotized into being a good boy. I miss the anger he once had. He showed no life against the Bruins. I mean ****ing do something.

Disagree. If anything, he's been getting closer to the edge lately if anything.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He produces more but what pisses me off about him is that he seemed to have lost his edge. He always has a constant smile on his face like he is hypnotized into being a good boy. I miss the anger he once had. He showed no life against the Bruins. I mean ****ing do something.

You sir must hate Gallagher

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Let's be real. The amount of people who wrote Andrew Shaw off this year is a lot. Let's give credit where it's due during this stretch.

And let's not say those people were wrong until the season is over. A sequence never proved anyone wrong. He's playing well lately and good for him but he needs to add some consistency to his game. It's not his first good sequence he has with us.

Real season started against the Bruins. The schedule for the next month will be very hard. Let's wait and see how many of our over performing players will still be standing at the end of January.

Reactions: Censored Toad

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
And let's not say those people were wrong until the season is over. A sequence never proved anyone wrong. He's playing well lately and good for him but he needs to add some consistency to his game. It's not his first good sequence he has with us.

Real season started against the Bruins. The schedule for the next month will be very hard. Let's wait and see how many of our over performing players will still be standing at the end of January.
I never said anyone was wrong or that this stretch proves anyone wrong. I said let's give him credit during this stretch, which is what I'm doing.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

This really sucks, as he was having a great year. Really hope it's not another concussion and, if it isn't, that he's not out for long.

If it is, maybe he should take some time. That would be what, his 3rd in two years?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This guys career will be short because of head injuries...too bad, not to mention he had been playing better recently. Hope he gets back soon...............

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Have we heard any recent news on Shaw's return?

He was skating on his own but no timeline yet.

I fear its another concussion. Guy was playing so well and there were some games where I said to myself we are missing Shaw.

Hopefully he can be back after the AS break.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He was skating on his own but no timeline yet.

I fear its another concussion. Guy was playing so well and there were some games where I said to myself we are missing Shaw.

Hopefully he can be back after the AS break.
They said it's a neck injury and not another concussion. But who knows really...

I hope he can return soon as he is definitely a positive influence out there.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
They said it's a neck injury and not another concussion. But who knows really...

I hope he can return soon as he is definitely a positive influence out there.

I hope it is a neck injury, but with the symptoms they described and Shaw's history I am leaning towards concussion but I really hope not.

He would look alot better on our 1st line then Armia. Not hating on Armia but he works better on the bottom 6. Domi/Drouin were missing his spark and I think thats a partial reason why that line went so cold the last few games.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I hope it is a neck injury, but with the symptoms they described and Shaw's history I am leaning towards concussion but I really hope not.

He would look alot better on our 1st line then Armia. Not hating on Armia but he works better on the bottom 6. Domi/Drouin were missing his spark and I think thats a partial reason why that line went so cold the last few games.

I agree, Shaw was killing it out there this year.

Reactions: scrubadam

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Any news on whether or not he's coming back? I'm hoping for a return after the all star break.

I'm starting to feel like there's almost a 0% chance that Shaw will able to play through the duration of his contract, if I were him I would potentially retire after this season, another head injury could cause serious damage to him

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Andrew Shaw (neck) has resumed skating but is not expected to skate with his teammates until after the NHL All-Star game.

Shaw has been out of action since Dec. 31 due to a neck injury. He was playing well for the Canadiens before his injury, picking up 11 goals and 24 points in 36 games.

Jan 19 - 8:50 PM
Source: Renaud Lavoie on Twitter

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
I am starting to think he might only start playing somewhere around February 14th. That is my humble guess after looking at the February schedule. Or perhaps March, this injury seems mysteriously way worst than we originaly thought. I hope it is not the case.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I am starting to think he might only start playing somewhere around February 14th. That is my humble guess after looking at the February schedule. Or perhaps March, this injury seems mysteriously way worst than we originaly thought. I hope it is not the case.

You have to keep in mind the way that Shaw plays the game. I'm pretty sure some other players could come back earlier from the type of injury that Shaw suffered. For Shaw, however, there probably is a greater risk of reinjury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad