Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If he could stay healthy he’d be Shawsome! He brings a lot to the table and people jump on his back cause we paid two 2nds for him

No, people accurately point out that he's injury prone, takes bad penalties & wasn't worth the price we paid... A trade made worse by the fact we traded away a superior middle 6 player that same summer.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If he could stay healthy he’d be Shawsome! He brings a lot to the table and people jump on his back cause we paid two 2nds for him

I'm not a fan of the shawesome/shawful stuff, but it's been a shame that we haven't been able to see him at his best for long stretches as a hab.

He can be a really effective player. Lets just hope he picks up where he left off, unlike when when he came back from the Krug concussion.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm not a fan of the shawesome/shawful stuff, but it's been a shame that we haven't been able to see him at his best for long stretches as a hab.

He can be a really effective player. Lets just hope he picks up where he left off, unlike when when he came back from the Krug concussion.

It's clear to me when Shaw is healthy, he is one darn good effective top 9 player that can play any position. Issue is 100% health

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Hopefully he's back right after the break. Getting him and Byron back into the mix changes things up front, especially with Armia playing a really strong couple of games since his return.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
No, people accurately point out that he's injury prone, takes bad penalties & wasn't worth the price we paid... A trade made worse by the fact we traded away a superior middle 6 player that same summer.

Eller is not superior to Shaw. Shaw has more offensive skills and brings an antagonistic physical element that a team of soft smurfs needed. How can anyone but a bitter Eller fanboy seriously claim this? As others have pointed out the big knock against Shaw is his health.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
No updates on Shaw ?

What is your line-up with Shaw in?

Tatar - Domi - Shaw
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Peca/Chaput - Hudon

That’s some good depth

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Eller is not superior to Shaw. Shaw has more offensive skills and brings an antagonistic physical element that a team of soft smurfs needed. How can anyone but a bitter Eller fanboy seriously claim this? As others have pointed out the big knock against Shaw is his health.

Eller is a better hockey player than Shaw.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS
Andrew Shawn (neck) has resumed skating but is not expected to skate with his teammates until after the NHL All-Star game.
Shaw has been out of action since Dec. 31 due to a neck injury. He was playing well for the Canadiens before his injury, picking up 11 goals and 24 points in 36 games. Jan 19 - 8:50 PM

So that was 9 days ago, should be close to coming back, the break came at a great time for him for us

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

When he was acquired, he barely missed any games his entire career!

Injury prone my ass! I will tell you...

Eller is a better hockey player than Shaw.

Highly debatable...

Reactions: larrypacman8167

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
LATEST NEWS
RECENT NEWS
Andrew Shawn (neck) has resumed skating but is not expected to skate with his teammates until after the NHL All-Star game.
Shaw has been out of action since Dec. 31 due to a neck injury. He was playing well for the Canadiens before his injury, picking up 11 goals and 24 points in 36 games. Jan 19 - 8:50 PM

So that was 9 days ago, should be close to coming back, the break came at a great time for him for us
Okay so we know his neck has started skating, how about the rest of him?:sarcasm:

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

To me, when Shaw is activated, it's easy decisions:

- Alzner gets cut/waived.
-Agostino-Chaput-Shaw gets first look as a 4th line. But Hudon-Chaput-Shaw also gets a look at some point. I think this will be a better 4th line, even though Agostion-Chaput-Deslauriers was better than Agostino-Chaput-Hudon. It's all about chemistry.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I don't care for Shaw as a player at all. I don't know if it's because of how the whole Eller/Shaw trades went down, but I just can't cheer for this guy. Actually, it's one of the first times I've ever felt completely detached from everyone on the team. I like Lehkonen and Byron, I guess. I'm not a huge fan of any of our best players. Don't care for Price/Weber/Domi/Drouin really. It's really hard to get attached to any of these guys.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

K9dZ47W.jpg

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I don't care for Shaw as a player at all. I don't know if it's because of how the whole Eller/Shaw trades went down, but I just can't cheer for this guy. Actually, it's one of the first times I've ever felt completely detached from everyone on the team. I like Lehkonen and Byron, I guess. I'm not a huge fan of any of our best players. Don't care for Price/Weber/Domi/Drouin really. It's really hard to get attached to any of these guys.

Bring back Ryan White,did the same thing as Shaw,but was tougher,and a hell of a lot cheaper.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
To me, when Shaw is activated, it's easy decisions:

- Alzner gets cut/waived.
-Agostino-Chaput-Shaw gets first look as a 4th line. But Hudon-Chaput-Shaw also gets a look at some point. I think this will be a better 4th line, even though Agostion-Chaput-Deslauriers was better than Agostino-Chaput-Hudon. It's all about chemistry.

If you cut Alzner you have only 6 DEF which is not optimal. I know our next five games are at home but ultimately Shaw should be activated around the 5th to 14th and we should be traveling with 7 DEF. In the end it should be one of Hudon, Peca, Deslaurier, Agostino. What are their status if sent down?

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad