Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He needs to play in the top 6 in an offensive role, he doesn’t take as many penalties, he draws more penalties for us, and he scores way more.

Drouin-Domi-Shaw

This line is Gold.

I don't think Shaw can keep up this pace. Would be great if he proves me wrong.

And anyways, we only have 5 top six forwards (including Kotkaniemi), so it's not like anyone's more deseving of the spot he's currently occupying.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
14 points in 14 games since he got moved to be with Domi and Drouin

On pace for 60+ points if he stays on that line.

Would be great to see a line with an 80-Point player, a 70-Point player and a 60-Point player on it. Haven't seen that in MON in I really don't know how many years!

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
If he gets 60 points, I'm putting a tux on my girlfriends cat and taking him to a fine italian dinner.

60 points would be phenomenal, but I'll be happy with even just 50. Last year he had 20 in 50, and he's only 4 points shy of that with 26 fewer GP.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
No chance he hits 60, hes not that skilled.
Maybe 50 if he stays with Drouin and Domi for the rest of the season (which I doubt happens).

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Hey, guy is playing well. The concussion history is a thing though.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He is playing well, and it seems the coaches have finally gotten through to him, and he is not taking a ton of bad penalties...he does have some nice hands around the net.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
He is playing well, and it seems the coaches have finally gotten through to him, and he is not taking a ton of bad penalties...he does have some nice hands around the net.

He's underrated offensively. He isn't spectacular but like you said he's got a scoring touch around the net and he can complement fast, skilled playmakers well just by playing HIS game. He wants to leave his mark on games and the bad penalties he took were mostly when he was on the bottom 6. Right now I have no complaints and I fail to understand the criticism because he actually found chemistry and produces with regularity (for the time being.)

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Hey, guy is playing well. The concussion history is a thing though.
It’s a thing alright, a thing of the past......as long as he’s not trying to run everything over and keep his fighting majors to south of 3 1/2, he’s good to go

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
40-45 pts season (he brings other intangibles) would be really good for Shaw. It took 3 years but we finally have good value of our trade for 2 2nd rounders.

Yeah, that would be a real good season for Shaw. I just worry about his concussion status. It seemed to take him a long time to return to form after that collision with Krug a couple years back.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This place needs more Shawzie love. He has been on fire recently and I hope that he keeps playing like that.

I think we are starting to see the player that we traded for in 2016.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Shaw is the type of guy who can give you top 6 for about half the season and bottom 6 for the other half.

All those games won't be in a row of course so like now he can play in the top 6 for 20 games, then get cold and slide down to the bottom 6 for another 15 games and then go back up for some more good games.

He isn't someone who will be a permanant top 6 player, but when he does cool down he can still be of service in the bottom 6.

Shaws biggest issue has been injuries and penalties.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Whatever he is, I think it's fair to say he's not half as bad as people made him out to be.

I've said it and I'll say it again; Bergevin had a very good 2016 offseason. It's the whole 2017 year that was the problem.

Reactions: Vachon23

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This place needs more Shawzie love. He has been on fire recently and I hope that he keeps playing like that.

I think we are starting to see the player that we traded for in 2016.

There are people out there who cant wait to bring out the "shawful" comments again. Man, that term makes me cringe.

Reactions: 417

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->