Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
K9dZ47W.jpg
Wow I'm dead!

LMAO!!!

Reactions: Runner77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
When he was acquired, he barely missed any games his entire career!

Injury prone my ass! I will tell you...

Highly debatable...

Are you saying he hasn't been injury prone since arriving?

Not unlike Weber, it was very easy to see that injuries would start to be an issue.

MB bet poorly & we lost out.

Everything is debatable, not all positions are well grounded.

Reactions: Pickles and ECWHSWI

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If you cut Alzner you have only 6 DEF which is not optimal. I know our next five games are at home but ultimately Shaw should be activated around the 5th to 14th and we should be traveling with 7 DEF. In the end it should be one of Hudon, Peca, Deslaurier, Agostino. What are their status if sent down?

Deslauriers can act as the "7th D" in case of emergency. Otherwise, if there's an injury we call Alzner, Ouellete, or Schlemko up from Laval. Under normal circumstances they'll be able to make it in time to play, even on the road.

Plus there's bound to be another injury soon, and when there is, Alzner gets called back up.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Deslauriers can act as the "7th D" in case of emergency. Otherwise, if there's an injury we call Alzner, Ouellete, or Schlemko up from Laval. Under normal circumstances they'll be able to make it in time to play, even on the road.

Plus there's bound to be another injury soon, and when there is, Alzner gets called back up.

Let's agree to disagree. Not the kind of management I see from CJ and MB.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Let's agree to disagree. Not the kind of management I see from CJ and MB.

Yeah and plus if a player doesn't go on injured reserve, he takes up a roster spot. If a d were to get injured, and not be put on injured reserve, I'd then call up Alzner and send down - probably Peca - because I don't think anyone would take him due to his contract.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Schlemballs is like -4 already in Laval. His next callup should be to clear out his locker, for good.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I hope he can get into action this weekend. Shaw was playing great for the team and I think his absence explains a bit of our cold streak in scoring.

I just want to see this team fully stocked. Byron/Armia/Shaw all in the line up.

I think I would even try that as a line and see what they could do, Shaw does play C every now and then.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
When he was acquired, he barely missed any games his entire career!

Injury prone my ass! I will tell you...

Highly debatable...
Check the thread where he was signed to a 6 year deal. Him being injured a bunch was completely predictable. Maybe not so soon.

Reactions: Pickles

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Goodbye Alzner and soon Hudon(but ideally I would waive Deslauriers)

This is my ideal Habs lineup (based on chemistry):

Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhnonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Peca - Agostino/Chaput

Mete - Weber
Rielly - Petry
Kulak - Benn

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I guess it gets evened out with the Shaw trade.
The Shaw trade was not that bad. It's rare to get a player as good as Debrincat at that spot in the draft. What I didn't like were the two other things that seemed to go with the trade:
  • trading Eller for two lower seconds - he was worth more
  • signing Shaw to a contract about $1M too high when his comparables in arbitration would not have been that great

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Shaw trade was not that bad. It's rare to get a player as good as Debrincat at that spot in the draft. ...

Rare or not, it has been reported that Timmins had Debrincat on his list as a target when the pick came up. That's a huge loss, regardless of what the other pick might have fetched. It is what it is, no sense belaboring what could have been. Next.

Reactions: The Great Weise

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Shaw trade was not that bad. It's rare to get a player as good as Debrincat at that spot in the draft. What I didn't like were the two other things that seemed to go with the trade:
  • trading Eller for two lower seconds - he was worth more
  • signing Shaw to a contract about $1M too high when his comparables in arbitration would not have been that great
It was a terrible trade. That's what Bergevin gets for not waiting until his 2nd round pick. Because Timmins basically said that they would have taken Girard with a 2nd and one of our posters tweeted the OHL scout who said that we had Debrincat really really high too. So yes it absolutely hurts to miss out on Debrincat(how great would he look next to Kotkaniemi?) and Girard. Shaw is overpaid and signed for too long. I have no issue with the Eller trade, but we should have just traded the same 2nds for Shaw.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Shaw is a concussion away from seriously putting his career and possibly himself in jeopardy (I wish him well, but we gotta face reality).

I see him on borrowed time. It's going to be a diminishing returns situation. MB and his playoff warrior fetish -- sometimes you gotta make sure you do your homework with a player that had suffered as much head trauma as Shaw did when he was acquired.

Caveat: I'm only basing myself on his recurring missed time due to head trauma. I obviously don't have access to his medical records, so there is certain margin of error.

Reactions: cphabs

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Shaw trade really wasn’t that bad- just Debrincat being the guy they picked makes it sting. If we were out of the playoffs and wanted to trade Shaw now, I’m sure we could get 2 2nds at the least.
Yes it was really bad. Arguably Bergevins worst move and I like Shaw more than most people here. I'm sure he would even admit it was a mistake. You really shouldn't be trading 2 high 2nds like that without waiting to see who falls in your lap. Especially when you are thin on prospects. Maybe we had Debrincat and Girard as first rounders. Using Timmins and the OHL scout as sources, it's obvious we really liked both these guys. Debrincat would likely be our best forward. 2nd best in the worst case. Girard would easily be on our first pair right now. Anyways, this isn't the thread to have this dicussion.

Reactions: Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Yes it was really bad. Arguably Bergevins worst move and I like Shaw more than most people here. I'm sure he would even admit it was a mistake. You really shouldn't be trading 2 high 2nds like that without waiting to see who falls in your lap. Especially when you are thin on prospects. Maybe we had Debrincat and Girard as first rounders. Using Timmins and the OHL scout as sources, it's obvious we really liked both these guys. Debrincat would likely be our best forward. 2nd best in the worst case. Girard would easily be on our first pair right now. Anyways, this isn't the thread to have this dicussion.
As much as you say it, we didn’t trade Debrincat and Girard for Shaw. We traded 2 2nd round picks for Shaw. If we wanted to trade Shaw for 2 2nds today we most certainly could. These are all facts...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->