Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Ebbett recal--wait, no, he's been re-assigned to Chicago. (Post 112)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
So....we lost Volpatti for nothing, and brought up Ebbett, who while putting effort in, serves no purpose....why not bring up a dedicated grinder like Mallet? Friesen? Schneider?

Ugh...Ebbett is a lesser Higgins/Hansen kind of player, no set role. He also washed out as a Kesler replacement.

I mean as a spare...sure....but Kassian back with the Sedins, or Higgins at center, or hell....dare I say....7 D and spare wingers.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Mallet's got the most upside of the 3 prospect centers on the farm, and he's not ready.

Still kinda want to see how Higgins would do as a pivot. Hasn't played in a while but has done it before, at least and has the smarts for it. From what I recall his faceoffs haven't been bad either whenever the center gets thrown out. :dunno:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
tumblr_m4016qhlHg1rolvqk.gif

And knowing AV, Ebbett will get the second line spot before Schroeder.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
what are the odds that steve pinizzotoo gets hurt again?

Or turns out to be another Mancari?

Seems management is willing to pass up waiver wire pick-ups, dump players like Volpatti, re-sign Deadbit instead of players like Roussel just to keep ole Andy around.

A one-eyed Malhotra is probably preferable here.

btw you've kind of mangled Pinner's last name.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
I know Ebbett gets more hate than he deserves(like Rome, probably the AV factor) but I do seriously get sad seeing his name in the line up. Its almost depressing.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Good. Send that Ebbett back where he belongs ... in the AHL, where he is also a mediocre player, but at least he's not on our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad