Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Ebbett recal--wait, no, he's been re-assigned to Chicago. (Post 112)

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Prefered to have moved Burrows back to centre, and kept Volpatti. Nothing against Ebbett as a person, but he is a bloody awful hockey player. Kuzma will be over the moon.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
charlie-brown-argh.jpg

I mean, it's not like we had any other alternatives but still. ****.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
he going to take away Schroeder ice time and PK.......will cost us games.........don't put him on the PK and limit his minutes give Schroeder top 6 minutes

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
he going to take away Schroeder ice time and PK.......will cost us games.........don't put him on the PK and limit his minutes give Schroeder top 6 minutes

Hahahahaha. AV's already clicking his heels at the thought of precious Ebbett being back on the PK and PP and every other ******* thing he shouldn't be near.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Sedins are the only line producing right now. Why solve one problem by creating another?

And we've been trending close to .500...well if you include shoot-out losses we are .500 over the last 10 games. But hey, at least the Sedins are getting points ... that's something anyway.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
And we've been trending close to .500...well if you include shoot out losses we are .500 over the last 10 games. But hey, at least the Sedins are getting points ... that's something anyway.

We should have moved Volppati to the 1st line and put Daniel Sedin on the 3rd line to make our team more balanced. We should also have put Booth on waivers because our record is better without him in the lineup.

Canucks lose a center to injury, they call up a center = worst move ever

I'm going to go take some more crazy pills.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
We should have moved Volppati to the 1st line and put Daniel Sedin on the 3rd line to make our team more balanced. We should also have put Booth on waivers because our record is better without him in the lineup.

Canucks lose a center to injury, they call up a center = worst move ever

I'm going to go take some more crazy pills.

Or instead of posting some ridiculous, over-the-top **** like you just did ... you could go back to the line-up that saw us at 10-2-2 before Kesler came back. Ebbett really brings nothing to the line-up outside of a warm body anyway.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Not only do we keep Weise, who is on par defensively and worse at offence and fighting, but we get to see Ebbett again.

If the team doesn't want to try this year can they just come out and say we're phoning it in.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oh joy.

Hopefully Schroeder gets the promotion to the second line C spot - he's certainly earned it with his solid two-way play, and he has already shown chemistry with Hansen and Raymond.

If I were running things, I would go with...

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Burrows - Booth
Weise - Lapierre - Ebbett

Give Kassian a chance to get his confidence back up playing with the Twins where he played his best hockey so far this year. Keep Ebbett's ice-time down.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Or instead of posting some ridiculous, over-the-top **** like you just did ... you could go back to the line-up that saw us at 10-2-2 before Kesler came back. Ebbett really brings nothing to the line-up outside of a warm body anyway.

"over-the-top **** " like all that matters is the Sedins getting their points?

You want Burrows playing center for the next 4-6 weeks along with a bunch of other guys playing out of position? Do you really think that lineup, that received ridiculous goaltending and favourable division matchups, is the best solution? It's a very superficial/shallow analysis to simply look at the record. Did you like the makeup of the team better with Kesler out of the lineup? I sure didn't, despite their recent struggles.

Anyway, my lineup:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin -Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Weise - Ebbett - Kassian

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
"over-the-top **** " like all that matters is the Sedins getting their points?

You want Burrows playing center for the next 4-6 weeks along with a bunch of other guys playing out of position? Do you really think that lineup, that received ridiculous goaltending and favourable division matchups, is the best solution? It's a very superficial/shallow analysis to simply look at the record. Did you like the makeup of the team better with Kesler out of the lineup? I sure didn't, despite their recent struggles.

Anyway, my lineup:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin -Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Weise - Ebbett - Kassian

I just don't see any harm in going back to a successful line-up for a game and seeing if it turns things around. The team was playing much better defense back then as well, and the Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen line had great chemistry. I don't see a huge issue with a Booth-Burrows-Higgins line either, and you run Kassian with the Twins and could have iced the Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise trio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad