Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Ebbett recal--wait, no, he's been re-assigned to Chicago. (Post 112)

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
He's not replacing Kesler (that would be comical). Shroeder will likely get more minutes, and whoever centers the third line (Burrows, Higgins) will play a bigger defensive role. Ebbett should be limited to fourth line minutes. Hopefully Gillis can bring someone who actually has NHL credibility in (though I'm not going to hold my breath).

This is AV we are talking about. It's not so farfetched that he would put Ebbett in that position.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
There is no logical reason to be playing Ebbett on the PK

Exactly. Even if we have two regular PK forwards sitting in the box, there's no reason for Ebbett to be out there.

Kesler (when healthy)
Burrows
Higgins
Hansen
Raymond
Lapierre
Weise
Schroeder?

All of these guys are better suited for PK duty than Ebbett.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Exactly. Even if we have two regular PK forwards sitting in the box, there's no reason for Ebbett to be out there.

Kesler (when healthy)
Burrows
Higgins
Hansen
Raymond
Lapierre
Weise
Schroeder?

All of these guys are better suited for PK duty than Ebbett.

I'd limit Kesler's PK responsibilities. He is literally the only other offensive threat outside of the Sedins.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
This is AV we are talking about. It's not so farfetched that he would put Ebbett in that position.

Did he not already make him 2nd line center the first two games this year?

During that entire schroeder ebbett tryout where ebbett was chosen.

This was the line up listed that first blowout against the ducks.

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows
Mason Raymond - Andrew Ebbett - Zack Kassian
Chris Higgins - Maxim Lapierre - Jannik Hansen
Aaron Volpatti - Manny Malhotra - Dale Weise

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I'd like to see

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Burrows - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Volpatti - Lapierre - Weise
Ebbett

Except we dont have volpatti anymore, but burrows back at center is exactly how i feel as well. It worked for us in that 5 game win streak, ebbett did not, yet im concerned were going back to ebbett if some canucks beat writers are to be believed.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Putting the call out now. Ebbett will score in the game Saturday, and everyone will love him.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Putting the call out now. Ebbett will score in the game Saturday, and everyone will love him.

Its going to take more then one goal for me...

Its going to take a solid season which I hope never comes to pass.

Infact him scoring could be brutal, Av might think hes perfectly capable of taking a large offensive role on the team and we go into playoffs with ebbett on our top line like last year after he scored a couple deflection game winners before playoffs.

Steve Bennett*

I'd like to see

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Burrows - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Booth
Volpatti - Lapierre - Weise
Ebbett

I'd rather this:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Burrows Higgins
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Vandermeer Lapierre Weise

waterboy - Ebbett

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Burrows Hansen
Raymond Schroeder Booth
Ebbett Lapierre Weise

Second and third line could be switched since everyone is so technical with numbering the lines.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
As long as he's not killing penalties, I'm fine with him on the 4th line. Not ideal but we don't have many options right now. For the PK pairs I'd rather see something along the lines of:

Higgins-Lapierre
Raymond-Hansen
Weise-Burrows

Just keep Ebbett the F%@& away from the PK and we'll give ourselves a chance to win.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
As long as he's not killing penalties, I'm fine with him on the 4th line. Not ideal but we don't have many options right now. For the PK pairs I'd rather see something along the lines of:

Higgins-Lapierre
Raymond-Hansen
Weise-Burrows

Just keep Ebbett the F%@& away from the PK and we'll give ourselves a chance to win.

I agree but every game he was up he was on the pk and looked lost, i remember the san jose game him being out for at least one goal on the pk that was completely on him. On thats hockey or during intermission on sportsnet they even did the drawing of how out of place he was on the goal. Literally was along the boards by himself as the puck was in front of the net.

Does av see stuff us fans dont or something? Right up until he was sent down he was on the pk looking completely lost. Av seems to think hes a Penalty killer.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I agree but every game he was up he was on the pk and looked lost, i remember the san jose game him being out for at least one goal on the pk that was completely on him. On thats hockey or during intermission on sportsnet they even did the drawing of how out of place he was on the goal. Literally was along the boards by himself as the puck was in front of the net.
He was on for both... and at fault for both too. :laugh:

Does av see stuff us fans dont or something? Right up until he was sent down he was on the pk looking completely lost. Av seems to think hes a Penalty killer.
Our boy Arniel says he's a good penalty killer, so it must be true!

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
didn't he produce and got like 40 points? I know he was playing between two star player but still he can produce but he is average and worse than Schroeder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad