Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
has anyone noticed how the pp has went down the tubes since markov left. The man sloth weber certainly hasnt been able to get anything going.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
I'm a big Markov fan but he has regressed to the point where I don't think he can help us anymore.

I'm sure our organizational name is just being dropped to try to create some KHL leverage.

Couldn't help us? he'd be 2nd best dman after petry

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I don’t even want him back to be honest. The man was straight disrespected 2 years ago by our management. I’m sure Markov would have been our third best dman and most likely have the most primary assists on the team on D like he did every year when he was with us

Two years later, I’m not sure markov can still keep up at 5on5 with guys in the nhl right now,if we had different management I’d get bringing him back because he is a habs legends and deserves that games played milestone but if we did not want the guy 2 years ago why would bergy want him now? Is it the price tag? Are the habs actually showing interest?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
I don’t even want him back to be honest. The man was straight disrespected 2 years ago by our management. I’m sure Markov would have been our third best dman and most likely have the most primary assists on the team on D like he did every year when he was with us
Two years later, I’m not sure markov can still keep up at 5on5 with guys in the nhl right now,if we had different management I’d get bringing him back because he is a habs legends and deserves that games played milestone but if we did not want the guy 2 years ago why would bergy want him now? Is it the price tag? Are the habs actually showing interest?
Beregvin was an idiot for not signing him 2years ago, he didn't do it because he was on a massive ego trip until recently. He talked down to players, disrespected them, called them out in the media, etc... He thought Alzner would be Markov's replacement and that Radulov would jump on any contract given to him.

Why would we want him now? Because he'll get to play his 1000 game in the only team he ever played for, he gets to join elite Habs company to hit that mile stone (well, semi-elite now that Pleks is part of it lol) and because he's a clear upgrade over pretty much anyone we currently have on the LHD and ever sine he left, we have not been able to fix our putrid PP and he will be an excellent mentor for the kids.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
whos paul postman?
There's a thing called Google!
Paul Postma
Ice hockey defenceman
upload_2019-8-10_17-7-41.jpeg
Description

Paul Edward Postma is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who is currently playing for Metallurg Magnitogorsk in the Kontinental Hockey League. He was drafted 205th overall in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Atlanta Thrashers. Wikipedia
Born: February 22, 1989 (age 30 years), Red Deer
Height: 1.91 m
Weight: 88 kg
Salary: 850,000 USD (2016)
Current team: Ak Bars Kazan (#4 / Defenseman)
Siblings: Alissa Postma, Sharlene Postma

Reactions: Doxinoctae

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
There's a thing called Google!
Paul Postma
Ice hockey defenceman
View attachment 249029
Description

Paul Edward Postma is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who is currently playing for Metallurg Magnitogorsk in the Kontinental Hockey League. He was drafted 205th overall in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft by the Atlanta Thrashers. Wikipedia
Born: February 22, 1989 (age 30 years), Red Deer
Height: 1.91 m
Weight: 88 kg
Salary: 850,000 USD (2016)
Current team: Ak Bars Kazan (#4 / Defenseman)
Siblings: Alissa Postma, Sharlene Postma

But hows that relevant to this discussion? Do you think Postmas better than Markov?

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
ill take them both. seriously though markovs easily better than every defenseman on the habs besides petry.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Double standard here is fabulous ;
Weber is too old and finished , but we should sign Markov :laugh:
It's the other way around.
No one is calling out Weber's signing, no one pointing out how slow he was last season, everyone still talks of him as a #1D and defend trading Subban for him and we have him for 6 more years at a 7.86mil cap hit.

Say we should sign Markov for 1 year and it's all lolz, zomg, Markov is finished. Should we call Savard and see if he wants to play too? Some are even saying Kulak and Folin are better than Markov and some are worried about sending down Hudon if Markov gets a spot ffs.

So yeah, double standards alright.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
It's the other way around.
No one is calling out Weber's signing, no one pointing out how slow he was last season, everyone still talks of him as a #1D and defend trading Subban for him and we have him for 6 more years at a 7.86mil cap hit.

Say we should sign Markov for 1 year and it's all lolz, zomg, Markov is finished. Should we call Savard and see if he wants to play too? Some are even saying Kulak and Folin are better than Markov and some are worried about sending down Hudon if Markov gets a spot ffs.

So yeah, double standards alright.

And you have proof Markov is better than Kulak right now? Kulak played well last year on the 2nd and 3rd duo, but saying he's better than Markov (who haven't played in the NHL for 2 years and is 40 yo) is supposed to be absurd?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
And you have proof Markov is better than Kulak right now? Kulak played well last year on the 2nd and 3rd duo, but saying he's better than Markov (who haven't played in the NHL for 2 years and is 40 yo) is supposed to be absurd?
Proof that Markov is better than Kulak?!! If you seriously think Kulak is better than Markov then this discussion is futile.

And for the last time, stop repeating things that make no sense. Nothing of significance happens between 38 and 40 to your body, it does NOT just shut down one morning on the day of your 40th birthday and suddenly you can't do what you were capable of doing 2 years ago.

"Make the NHL by 18, retire by 25 or you'll find yourself labeled a bust and old and decrepit, respectively." The classic HF line of thought.

Reactions: Doxinoctae

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Sure if you ignore the context of how each player was acquired. Trading an in his prime pk for an aging Weber vs grabbing Markov for 1.5-2 mill a year.
Why should i consider the context ?
Weber is still a good player while Markov is finished . But fans talk about Weber has he was finished but want Markov .
Subban ? you mean the guy in his prime that was traded for Steven Santini , Jeremy Davies, a 2 second-round picks ? :snide:

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
The PTO is the best suitable thing to do with him for now. The guy got the spirit, still have a good 1st pass and can surely help the pp. New Kids need to see the guy. Pto is the thing to do to add pressure and compete level for our youngsters and the new dman Chiarot. So let's give the general a ******** final shot !

Reactions: Steeler23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad