Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
How can you judge by that video. Alone on the ice......
None of our dman can handle the puck like him. I know it's just me being sentimental as Markov has been my fav Hab for years now, but I don't see the harm. Give him his 10 games and make things right. I don't think its a stretch to think he could outperform our other options at left D. We are paper thin there. I think he'd help the pp immensely if nothing else. His game has never been based on speed and he has lost a step, but his smarts, composure and puck skills are still ahead of anything else we have IMO.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Markov skills tough have nothing to do with speed or stickhandling its all about vision, and create offense, the major concern was and is stamina, already his last 2 years in MTL we noticed it. imagine 2 years later. but yeah to reach 1000 games sure. a very small contract tough. the guy deserves the respect.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Some of you need to snap out of that nostalgia episode eh? Seriously..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Markov skills tough have nothing to do with speed or stickhandling its all about vision, and create offense, the major concern was and is stamina, already his last 2 years in MTL we noticed it. imagine 2 years later. but yeah to reach 1000 games sure. a very small contract tough. the guy deserves the respect.
It's like people don't realize we can use him as a bottom pairing guy.
This fatigue people speak of came from using him on top pairings and high responsibilities.
Bring his ice time down, cut all PK time off, feed him mostly PP time, I don't see the issue.

Reactions: LaP

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It's like people don't realize we can use him as a bottom pairing guy.
This fatigue people speak of came from using him on top pairings and high responsibilities.
Bring his ice time down, cut all PK time off, feed him mostly PP time, I don't see the issue.

You don’t see the issue because you haven’t seen old man marky play.

Reactions: Acadien86

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
For someone who wasn’t a fan of “Old Man Marky” please explain to me how you took the time to watch him play in the KHL.

I’ve seen several AK Bars games because I was a huge fan of Marky. Playoff games as well.

I (gasp) watch KHL playoff games. The unbelievable horror.

That doesn’t mean I have to watch every game he’s played in the KHL. Hence my post if you were able to catch that.

On top of that, what's to say Kriss E has seen him play at all?

You guys are questioning me because my opinion is that markov is passed any level of nhl competition. As soon as someone stridently says he can play bottom pairing minutes as if that would be useful in any way, you don’t bother questioning how that assessment comes about.

Reactions: Acadien86

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Please don't expect to see into the future since your last reply before mine was:

You asked me if I’ve seen every AK-BARS game. Every. Game.

I’ve seen some yes, why would I need to see every game? How is this difficult to understand?

Do you need to see every single game a player plays to make an assessment?

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009

I’ve seen some yes, why would I need to see every game? How is this difficult to understand?

If you can't tell the difference between a figure of speech and being literal, I can't help you.

Still waiting on your riveting insights on why Markov can't be useful.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

I was so mad when I missed the first game of the habs season last year, I knew that my opinion on players would be incorrect and biased as I didn't watch every game. Well there's always next year.. :laugh: :thumbu:

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If you can't tell the difference between a figure of speech and being literal, I can't help you.

Still waiting on your riveting insights on why Markov can't be useful.

You jumped to a conclusion that wasn't true. Man up to it.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
You jumped to a conclusion that wasn't true. Man up to it.
Of course it's my fault for assuming people will be able to tell the difference between a figure of speech and being literal.

Or it could be he's sidestepping the question because he can't answer it, so now the conversation become about the use of the word *every* instead of explaining why he thinks Markov can't be useful based on his observations.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Of course it's my fault for assuming people will be able to tell the difference between a figure of speech and being literal.

Or it could be he's sidestepping the question because he can't answer it, so now the conversation become about the use of the word *every* instead of explaining why he thinks Markov can't be useful based on his observations.

You brought the word "every" out there. Your mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad