Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Methinks you’re being purposefully difficult. Hate to break it to you but at this point I’d rather play Mccarron than Luc Robitaille. That’s how these things work.
Youthinks all kinds of nonsense apparently. Markov plays over Benn, Reilly, Alzner, Chiarot and Kulak easily.

We haven't had anyone capable of making the stretch pass or skate out with the puck to launch the offense since he left. The PP has been abysmal and we had no real pp QB that can read the ice, distribute the play and take the shot if need be since he left.

So tell me again how Benn was better exactly?

Reactions: Kimota and BLONG7

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Youthinks all kinds of nonsense apparently. Markov plays over Benn, Reilly, Alzner, Chiarot and Kulak easily.

We haven't had anyone capable of making the stretch pass or skate out with the puck to launch the offense since he left. The PP has been abysmal and we had no real pp QB that can read the ice, distribute the play and take the shot if need be since he left.

All I know is I'm glad Benn is gone. I was sick of seeing us pinned in our zone every time he stepped on the ice.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Well you’ve certainly proven that you

A- Didn’t watch him
B- Don’t know what you’re talking about in more ways than one.

Well done!

Whether you have or not watched him is the only thing you can base your argument on.

Benn was and is better than Markov could hope to be on the bottom pairing. The bottom pairing last year was actually quite good believe it or not.

Did you also not watch habs games on top of not watching any of Markov’s recent performances?
Benn better than Markov.................wait, what?? Wanna mulligan?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Benn better than Markov.................wait, what?? Wanna mulligan?

Markov was done when he left. He would easily be the slowest player in the league and would **** all over his legacy if someone was dumb enough to bring him back.

The fact that this thread is still running is embarrassing enough.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Markov, as a 5-6 dman, limited icetime and could still run a PP with the Habs...Benn had a hard time just being a 5-6-7 guy, let alone run a PP guys.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Markov was done when he left. He would easily be the slowest player in the league and would **** all over his legacy if someone was dumb enough to bring him back.

So done that he went to help AK Bars win the cup. Yeah, can't get worse than that. Who needs a PMD and PP QB when you have Jordie Benn.

No wonder Bergevin keeps signing 3rd rate plugs, apparently there are people like you that think they're better than guys like Markov.

Brownies

It would be sort of disrespectful, but after being out of the NHL at his age and not having a great season in the KHL (going by hearsay here) it can only be via a camp tryout, no ?

Won’t happen, but would love to see a proper closing, he was my favorite habs for many years. I also enjoyed Plekanec getting a proper goodbye.

Reactions: angusyoung

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Thats why he scored at a 0.5ppg and was played over 20 minutes a game by the staff. Because they felt he was done.

He's done now, but there's nothing to suggest he couldnt have played an extra year.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
No, it's a figure of speech. Hyperbole ,to be specific, in which exaggerated terms for the purpose of emphasis or heightened effect are used.

In this case, "every game" meant a large enough sample to form an educated opinion.

I seriously don't understand why people would rather argue around such semantics then the damn subject that was being discussed before.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I seriously don't understand why people would rather argue around such semantics then the damn subject that was being discussed before.

It’s not semantics it’s basic word usage. I’ve seen enough games to know Markov is no longer fast enough to play in the NHL. I watch every khl playoffs and this year there was a marked drop off in his play.

When you say every game, there’s no other f***ing way to interpret that.

The subject being discussed was derailed by the absolutely stupid question of whether I’ve seen every AK Bars game. Of course not.

Reactions: Acadien86

angusyoung

Bersantai
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
It would be sort of disrespectful, but after being out of the NHL at his age and not having a great season in the KHL (going by hearsay here) it can only be via a camp tryout, no ?

Won’t happen, but would love to see a proper closing, he was my favorite habs for many years. I also enjoyed Plekanec getting a proper goodbye.

He was my favorite Hab for the longest time,took several discounts over the years and in the end,2 sides that couldn't get it done,sad and pathetic really the way it ended. Markov should have got a deal to end it in Montreal. A very disrespectful departure done in a unprofessional way.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Why is it unbelievable for me to watch khl games?

Well blame montreal and Adam Michaels. Because of them I expect anyone that follows a different league to talk about it nonstop and never shut up about it. Which you have never done.

Markov was done when he left. He would easily be the slowest player in the league.

Markov was never fast and there are slower. Lucic maybe Corey Perry... Basically guys coasting on their reps.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Well blame montreal and Adam Michaels. Because of them I expect anyone that follows a different league to talk about it nonstop and never shut up about it. Which you have never done.

Markov was never fast and there are slower. Lucic maybe Corey Perry... Basically guys coasting on their reps.

Markov is slower than both of them at this point. He is 42 and was brutally slow when he left.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Gotcha. I’ll be sure to let you know personally the next time I watch KHL games just so that I can get validation from you and the rest of the hfboards super sleuths.

Comparing Markov to Lucic, why would I want a guy coasting on his rep rather than a competent 5-6D?

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Markov is slower than both of them at this point. He is 42 and was brutally slow when he left.

First of all he's 40 so can the FUD. Second I only noticed him appreciably slowing down in the second half of that season mostly due to us riding him into the ground once again.

Gotcha. I’ll be sure to let you know personally the next time I watch KHL games just so that I can get validation from you and the rest of the hfboards super sleuths.

Comparing Markov to Lucic, why would I want a guy coasting on his rep rather than a competent 5-6D?

So never on the KHL front? Lol

If Markov is half as good as he was in his last season here that would mean he'd be our second best LD so just behind Mete.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
If he comes back he will be the Habs second best Dman
Which is a sad statement,,,,,

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I think while he is not the same, we have nothing on the left that is any way impressive. I think if we could separate the icetime between him the new guy we got, it would be smart. The other guy is a mainly physical defensive guy and Markov is more of a skilled guy that would make sense, using both as requirement demands in whatever situations we are on the ice.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
As far as I'm concerned if it is a one year deal we have nothing to lose. At the very least he's good in the locker room. I think it's really unfortunate he never got to play his 1000 games in Montreal. Is he done? Most likely. Do I still want to see him in a Habs jersey one last time? Most definitely

He doesn't make our team better. He's not going to be our 'best LHD' like some people are saying here. He's not going to play very much and he's not going to play well consistently. Yet I still want him to come back.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It’s not semantics it’s basic word usage. I’ve seen enough games to know Markov is no longer fast enough to play in the NHL. I watch every khl playoffs and this year there was a marked drop off in his play.

When you say every game, there’s no other ****ing way to interpret that.

The subject being discussed was derailed by the absolutely stupid question of whether I’ve seen every AK Bars game. Of course not.

So you watched him play for 4 games? loll At the end of the season...
If I took Weber's last 4 games of the season, he'd be pretty darn bad too.

The point isn't whether or not Markov is solid. It's whether or not he's an upgrade on the garbage we have and I wouldn't have an issue actually finding this out if nothing else is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad