Confirmed with Link: Anderson traded for Domi (UPD: signed, 2 yrs, $5.3m/yr)

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Holy shit! I mean, good for Josh, but seven years? For a 26 year old that plays a physical game? For someone coming off major surgery? How effective will he be? I guess they hope the cap raises substantially in a few years?

I'm so glad that some other team has to live with and answer those questions and not us.

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
On the Habs board they’re saying Andy scored his goals on a super defensive team with little scoring so he’ll do it easily with them.

Now, I know he didn’t play much with Panarin, but the Jackets played “safe is death” that year and everyone was scoring in buckets.

Reactions: thebus88

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
On the Habs board they’re saying Andy scored his goals on a super defensive team with little scoring so he’ll do it easily with them.

Now, I know he didn’t play much with Panarin, but the Jackets played “safe is death” that year and everyone was scoring in buckets.

I'm sure that helped, but Anderson's most common linemates were Foligno and Jenner, especially Jenner. 27 goals with them is very impressive.

You're right about safe-is-death though, it boggles my mind that the common memory on the boards (even among many Jackets fans) is that we've always been this hyper defensive team. It's barely been a year!

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I'm sure that helped, but Anderson's most common linemates were Foligno and Jenner, especially Jenner. 27 goals with them is very impressive.

You're right about safe-is-death though, it boggles my mind that the common memory on the boards (even among many Jackets fans) is that we've always been this hyper defensive team. It's barely been a year!

*ahem*

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Josh Anderson's record goal count is still three short of Boone's.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The length of the deal is the only issue. 7 years for a physical player is always dangerous. But the AAV isn't bad at all. I would have signed that deal if it was 5 years instead of 7, but either way I don't think its as awful as people seem to think it is.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I think with Andy it will be impossible to judge the deal for a few years. If he plays or builds on his season from two years ago and can sustain that level for four plus years then the deal works for both sides or maybe a bargain. If Andy’s injuries continue to dog him or he cannot get back to his pre-injury level then at some point Montreal which has the cash buys him out.

Risk and reward is high with this deal. The ceiling is high but the floor is low. Personally I am glad the CBJ did not have to make this deal and it’s why I was glad Jarmo moved him.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Wow good for Josh.
Very risky is the best thing I can say on the team side.

I'm glad the CBJ didn't do that signing, much as I like Anderson.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As a huge Anderson fan, and someone who thinks he'll do great in Montreal.

Jarmo made the right decision trading him after he rejected that deal. That was very generous of an offer especially after the season he had. Anderson, if he truly wanted to be here, would have taken that deal rather than pinching and clawing for that extra 500k. But good on him, he got it.

(Doesn't excuse the fact that Jarmo should stop being so hard line with RFAs out of entry level though. Anderson should be heading into year 4 of a 6-7 year contract right now.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

That is interesting.
Again there was bad blood in negotiating the extension w Josh. I don't know the details, but it's another deal where the CBJ/Jarmo style often leads to bad feelings.
Again I'm glad we did the deal and I think we got a good deal, but it's interesting.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I don’t think he wanted to play in Columbus, if we offered him a 7 year deal at $5m and he refused, good riddance

Did Porty say when that was offered? It would have been a sensible offer a year ago.

I wouldn't conclude from that that it means Josh wanted out, though he might have.

On his latest podcast Friedman was talking about Tyler Toffoli signing for a seemingly low amount in Montreal. People are confused that Vancouver didn't match it. He said something along the lines of - when you get told by your boss that you aren't worth what you think you're worth, it hurts, and then when you go to the open market and you don't get a better deal elsewhere, you still leave, you don't go back. My guess is that Josh thought he was worth more than what Jarmo offered and was happy to stick it to him after getting f*cked by Jarmo three years ago. He didn't leave to get $500k elsewhere, he left because Jarmo didn't offer what Josh feels he is worth.

As a huge Anderson fan, and someone who thinks he'll do great in Montreal.

Jarmo made the right decision trading him after he rejected that deal. That was very generous of an offer especially after the season he had. Anderson, if he truly wanted to be here, would have taken that deal rather than pinching and clawing for that extra 500k. But good on him, he got it.

(Doesn't excuse the fact that Jarmo should stop being so hard line with RFAs out of entry level though. Anderson should be heading into year 4 of a 6-7 year contract right now.

Yeah I'm very happy we didn't sign a 7 or 8 year deal with Josh given his playstyle.

And yes Jarmo set us on a bad course with Josh three years ago. Penny wise and a pound foolish. That negotiation made me more mad at Jarmo than anything else in the last 7 years. I wouldn't say "year 4 of 6-7" though, Josh didn't have enough experience at the time. The issue is that Jarmo said to Josh "3 years at $1.7m per or you don't play", he wasn't allowed to take even a one or two year prove it deal. That to me crosses a line and abuses your leverage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad