Player Discussion: Anders Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
There battling for a playoff spot and not first place. Lots of idiots would have traded Judas at the deadline last season. The fact there are still people who would not have traded Tavares shows how clueless some fans are. .
I mentioned "first place" because that is the scenario I presented above. And I was referring to Lee, not Tavares when I made that comment. Sorry I wasn't clear. If the Isles are battling for first place at the deadline do you honestly trade Lee?? No way.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I mentioned "first place" because that is the scenario I presented above. And I was referring to Lee, not Tavares when I made that comment. Sorry I wasn't clear. If the Isles are battling for first place at the deadline do you honestly trade Lee?? No way.
Will see it’s a tight race right now. If the islanders don’t sign Lee before the deadline one would think they have a pretty good indication that he’s going to sign an extension unlike Tavares where the organization was just hoping he would sign an extension.

Reactions: Doshell Propivo

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Will see it’s a tight race right now. If the islanders don’t sign Lee before the deadline one would think they have a pretty good indication that he’s going to sign an extension unlike Tavares where the organization was just hoping he would sign an extension.
In the words of President Bush, "Fool me once, won't get fooled again". If Lee is not signed by the deadline, I'm sorry, but he's got to go. There is no reason for him not to be signed by the deadline. If I'm Malkin, I'm not playing this game again. Sign, or he's traded. Again, we need to plan for the future, not the now, as this team is not yet a contender. Losing Lee for nothing is harmful to this team's future.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
In the words of President Bush, "Fool me once, won't get fooled again". If Lee is not signed by the deadline, I'm sorry, but he's got to go. There is no reason for him not to be signed by the deadline. If I'm Malkin, I'm not playing this game again. Sign, or he's traded. Again, we need to plan for the future, not the now, as this team is not yet a contender. Losing Lee for nothing is harmful to this team's future.

Seriously, letting prime talent go for nothing because of a feel good story... wasn't that Snow's MO?

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
If Lee does want to stay why the Hell does he not sign? Is the $ not enough? Are they low balling him?
They made him Captain and would low ball?
Does not make sense.
They really must consider trading at least 1 to 2 of the UFA's rather than get zero return...

Reactions: beach

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I agree. We were told of early extension talks at the start of the season .
If they have not come to an agreement by the TDL,move Lee. Should be clear by now what his demands are. Either meet them or move on.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Seriously, letting prime talent go for nothing because of a feel good story... wasn't that Snow's MO?
Agreed. The Islanders named Anders captain. That must show just how committed the team is to him. If we have another major player on this team who isn't sure he wants to re-sign here by the TDL the team has to protect it's own best interest. We cannot have another player walk away for nothing.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Agreed. The Islanders named Anders captain. That must show just how committed the team is to him. If we have another major player on this team who isn't sure he wants to re-sign here by the TDL the team has to protect it's own best interest. We cannot have another player walk away for nothing.

No one is above the Isles Crest, we learned that harsh lesson with Judas. While I don't think Lee is a POS douchebag lying snake like he is, but talk is cheap. No signature, then you're gone.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
lee is a 1 dimensional player. If Lee doesn't sign with a bailey like contract isles need to trade him and get in return. You can't lock in a 29 year old at 8mil that can't skate well, can't carry the puck, can't drive the play. Lee is just a better version of matt moulson.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
If Lee does want to stay why the Hell does he not sign? Is the $ not enough? Are they low balling him?
They made him Captain and would low ball?
Does not make sense.
They really must consider trading at least 1 to 2 of the UFA's rather than get zero return...
Maybe the intend to finish up over the AS break? Maybe he wants red M & M's in his stall? For the first time since I can remember, we have management that can be trusted to actually try to improve the team. I am going to trust that Lee will be here next year, and that it is just the details they need to work out. Nice deflection last night, huh?

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
If people are going to complain about losing the 3 or 4 1st round picks you could of gotten for JT if traded a year in advance then you have to want Lee traded for his one 1st round pick. But, he should never of been made captain. He should of been signed in July before camp, or traded. Lou knows the isles better than .We do he didn't need to see another three months of Lee. To me, it's embarrassing to trade another captain that you can't sign, when the team is in the playoff race. It really looks bad and what it leaves a bad impression on barzal. Those are his role models. And the example they give is, don't sign, pick any team you want join a powerhouse team as a free agent.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
No one is above the Isles Crest, we learned that harsh lesson with Judas. While I don't think Lee is a POS *****ebag lying snake like he is, but talk is cheap. No signature, then you're gone.
Andit would really kill me to see Anders Lee playing for another team.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
lee is a 1 dimensional player. If Lee doesn't sign with a bailey like contract isles need to trade him and get in return. You can't lock in a 29 year old at 8mil that can't skate well, can't carry the puck, can't drive the play. Lee is just a better version of matt moulson.
You left out your belief that MDC is a better goal scorer than Anders. So, if his dimension is goal scoring, how do you explain his uptick in assists? Lee's board work is well above average, but that does not count as another dimension? Face-offs? Net front presence(best in the NHL)?

Reactions: BTrotts19

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
If people are going to complain about losing the 3 or 4 1st round picks you could of gotten for JT if traded a year in advance then you have to want Lee traded for his one 1st round pick. But, he should never of been made captain. He should of been signed in July before camp, or traded. Lou knows the isles better than .We do he didn't need to see another three months of Lee. To me, it's embarrassing to trade another captain that you can't sign, when the team is in the playoff race. It really looks bad and what it leaves a bad impression on barzal. Those are his role models. And the example they give is, don't sign, pick any team you want join a powerhouse team as a free agent.
In that case, Lee should take Barzal with him when he bolts!

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Its not unreasonable for the regime to see how the team - and individual players - respond to not playing with Tavares. Lee is a prime example of that. But we are halfway through the season and Lee has arguably been having a better year than last year. On pace for over 30 goals, .75 ppg and taking on the leadership role that was left vacant. So now we see what happens. Hopefully the team lets Lee know that he has to be signed by the TDL. In retrospect, they should have done that with JT (put the beginning of the season as the deadline) but they didn't. But lets not suggest that there is disaster impending. Lee has plenty of time to meet the team where he should. As does the team. Negotiations don't happen overnight. At least not usually.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
You left out your belief that MDC is a better goal scorer than Anders. So, if his dimension is goal scoring, how do you explain his uptick in assists? Lee's board work is well above average, but that does not count as another dimension? Face-offs? Net front presence(best in the NHL)?

You bring up a good point. Allow me to raise my cup of coffee at my home desk and toast you my friend for a great idea. MDC is better. I can't wait until MDC gets hot. Then we can celebrate MDC together instead of me being mocked daily for actually watching all of MDC pro games and seeing the super star that has finally emerged this season.

Btw AHL Tv is free this month. Maybe some of you BPST experts like 2left skates that never actually watched a full AHL game can tune it. Otto Koivula is a rising star too. Kid's only 20. All you "experts" saying his skating sucks are just reading the talking points. Try actually watching a game.

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Its not unreasonable for the regime to see how the team - and individual players - respond to not playing with Tavares. Lee is a prime example of that. But we are halfway through the season and Lee has arguably been having a better year than last year. On pace for over 30 goals, .75 ppg and taking on the leadership role that was left vacant. So now we see what happens. Hopefully the team lets Lee know that he has to be signed by the TDL. In retrospect, they should have done that with JT (put the beginning of the season as the deadline) but they didn't. But lets not suggest that there is disaster impending. Lee has plenty of time to meet the team where he should. As does the team. Negotiations don't happen overnight. At least not usually.

I would add Lou's history is to be incredible thorough and I believe he has been observing to see if Lee can put up numbers without 91 and 12, of which 12 is who really deserves the lion share of credit in many of his goals the last two years. To think contract negotiations have been on going or extensive is simply inaccurate but are clearly needing some attention. That is and was the risk Lou took when taking this wait and see approach which you certainly could argue for especially since he was not here. No hostages to be taken here on either side, and Lou will move him for assets I believe if they cannot find an agreement. It best for both sides not to burn any bridges.

Last edited:

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009

1-Cupper, you forgot your usual, " Don't get me wrong, I love the guy" part. 8 Mil now? Was that for dramatic effect? :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1CupSince

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
1-Cupper, you forgot your usual, " Don't get me wrong, I love the guy" part. 8 Mil now? Was that for dramatic effect? :thumbu:

Yes I left that part out. Thanks for correcting me. I occasionally forget all components of my robotic talking points from art staple :thumbu::D

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
You bring up a good point. Allow me to raise my cup of coffee at my home desk and toast you my friend for a great idea. MDC is better. I can't wait until MDC gets hot. Then we can celebrate MDC together instead of me being mocked daily for actually watching all of MDC pro games and seeing the super star that has finally emerged this season.

Btw AHL Tv is free this month. Maybe some of you BPST experts like 2left skates that never actually watched a full AHL game can tune it. Otto Koivula is a rising star too. Kid's only 20. All you "experts" saying his skating sucks are just reading the talking points. Try actually watching a game.
Since you say you watch a lot of sound tigers games who would you say should be up with the big club MDC or JHS? From what I’ve seen with the big club so far I’d rather have JHS here.

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
MDC for sure. He was on pace for a 40 plus goal season with the tigers. MDC is a beast on the PP and in the O Zone. Ho sang has been great on the PP too, but he doesn't score a lot of goals.
But like I said, that's if I had to chose. I want ho sang on the isles roster. The team plays better with him. Supposedly he isn't listening to the coachs. Fine. But his D game and turnover rates have greatly improved this season in both the A and NHL.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Move the crayons so I can sit across from you. I understand the Isles are scouting a 13 year old who will be better than both of them. Can we sign him?

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

I’ve watched almost every sound tigers game and his skating does need work. He is a very solid prospect in other aspects and skating is something that can be improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad