Player Discussion: Anders Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I’ve become so attached to Anders, even before he was in college, I knew he had a future in this league. I just hope he stays, because this’ll hurt. He brings so much to the table on and off the ice, but it’s a risk to give him what he’s probably looking for. I really don’t wanna lose him.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
The NHL doesn't have the revenue that the other sports have our stars get paid a third of the salary that NFL,NBA.MLB players get and the cap reflects that.
So if your going to be throwing 7-11 million dollars at a player he needs to be multi faceted. We all love Anders, however if we cant reach an understanding that works within the confines of the cap tough decision's need to be made. And its business nothing personal, players know this and if your Anders you want to be paid. Lou on the other hand knows the current team has some short comings and will do his best to address them with or without Anders.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
The NHL doesn't have the revenue that the other sports have our stars get paid a third of the salary that NFL,NBA.MLB players get and the cap reflects that.
So if your going to be throwing 7-11 million dollars at a player he needs to be multi faceted. We all love Anders, however if we cant reach an understanding that works within the confines of the cap tough decision's need to be made. And its business nothing personal, players know this and if your Anders you want to be paid. Lou on the other hand knows the current team has some short comings and will do his best to address them with or without Anders.

I with the last two posters: I'm attached to Anders, think he's a real captain and think he's a legit leader - of which there are really not that many. That said, if he wants a 7 or 8 year deal, he's got to go. Even if the cap hit were 5.5/year, that's quite a commitment to someone who may not transition to a 3rd and 4th line role, given his lack of speed.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I'm not against Lee at all despite the playoffs. He is insane in front of the net and has such quick hands and great reflexes. Guys like him are very useful. But for what he brings and how long he will sustain that level of play I don't feel he is worth the price tag. It's years as much as salary that concern most fans.
Also he is acting more like the Leafs players. Trying to squeeze every cent out of management.
Because, of course, ever-virtuous management would never try to squeeze every cent out of a player. Or a fan for that matter. Grow up. Anders is doing exactly what any person in any profession would do; trying to get the most for his services. I don't want him for more than 5 x 7, but I don't begrudge him trying to get more for one second.

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I hate that this is even a conversation, but one of the talking points with the Blues and their string of competitive-ness over the last few years is because they've let ageing talent walk away.

If he won't take under 6 years, I think you walk away unless he compromises on $$ for that 6th year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad