Player Discussion: Anders Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
...now he needs to be overpaid or the organization gets embarrassed again losing another captain who has no issues walking away
no, no, no....no one "needs to be overpaid" - if he's worth his new contract so pay him a boatload of bucks, if not then tell him the max and trade him if he doesn't want to be here for that amount of dollars. plain and simple, there should be no whining about oh we are losing another captain or such kindergarten things again.

Reactions: FourRings

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
I am surprised he is on pace for the same number of points, just with less goals and more assists. Its impressive. While he cant control the game like Barzal does, he does control the game very well in the Ozone below the goal line.

Reactions: bigtim1988

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
This whole situation is bad for the organization. Should of been signed in July or traded before camp. It's like the isles never learn. They always assume they are a desirable destination then find out players have no problem leaving. It's as if Lou thought "maybe I don't want Lee long term, I'll keep him around...oh no ...now Trotz loves him"
Lee isn't doing any discounts...now he needs to be overpaid or the organization gets embarrassed again losing another captain who has no issues walking away

3XXN.gif

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I am surprised he is on pace for the same number of points, just with less goals and more assists. Its impressive. While he cant control the game like Barzal does, he does control the game very well in the Ozone below the goal line.
He and PJB worked very well together down low. That is the missing link in our PP, and why Lee is not on track for 40 goals again. I trust the owners and management to sign him at a reasonable price, which may be higher than some of our armchair GMs feel he is worth.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
This whole situation is bad for the organization. Should of been signed in July or traded before camp. It's like the isles never learn. They always assume they are a desirable destination then find out players have no problem leaving. It's as if Lou thought "maybe I don't want Lee long term, I'll keep him around...oh no ...now Trotz loves him"
Lee isn't doing any discounts...now he needs to be overpaid or the organization gets embarrassed again losing another captain who has no issues walking away
Trade Barzal now before he be comes a free agent and/or captain.

By the way, your posts suck. All of them. All the time. Yuck.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
So when is the magic deadline?

What didn't work out well was not signing Tavares. Not not trading him.
Before the trade deadline. Yup that didn’t work at really well either considering he didn’t want to sign. Good think Lou is running the ship this time around. Have a lot more faith he will do the right thing.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Before the trade deadline. Yup that didn’t work at really well either considering he didn’t want to sign. Good think Lou is running the ship this time around. Have a lot more faith he will do the right thing.
Let's say we're a week before the deadline and the Islanders are in third place in the Atlantic. 6 points clear of the 8th spot and within 3 points of the first place Caps. Lee's unsigned but talks are going well and management feels confident he will sign. Are you telling me that Lou should trade the captain and leading goal scorer?

And there's no way Lou trades JT last year.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Let's say we're a week before the deadline and the Islanders are in third place in the Atlantic. 6 points clear of the 8th spot and within 3 points of the first place Caps. Lee's unsigned but talks are going well and management feels confident he will sign. Are you telling me that Lou should trade the captain and leading goal scorer?

Actually Lou would probably trade Tavares knowing this team was not a cup contender and he refused to sign an extension at the time with bogus excuses.. As far as Lee I think he’s going to sign an extension at least from the reports I have read. If he’s not signed by a week from the deadline that means he’s probably rejected there offer and more then likely going to free agency. Every significant islanders player that has gone to freeagency has left. Since this team is probably not going to win the Stanley Cup this season if lee is not signed close to the deadline then yes I trade him. I’ve never wavered from my theory on free agency. If you think you are good enough for the cup then you buy and go all in if not then you sell replenish your assets and try to eventually build a team that can win a Stanley Cup as that is the ultimate goal.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Honestly I do not even know how Snow would've handled that situation, considering Malkin is the one who was meeting constantly with Brisson and whatnot. I have full confidence in Trotz and Lamoriello making the right decision on this one.

That being said, I would trade Lee even if talks are going well. I'm worried about another Tavares situation happening, and if Lamoriello is getting a good offer I would not hesitate to trade Lee away. I do think he will sign though.

Reactions: MJF

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Lou would have given him a deadline of October to re-sign and then potentially traded him before the season. He wouldn’t have gotten strung along like Snow and Co. did. Having him unsigned going into the season was a real problem. Everyone just assumed (including me) that it would work itself out. It never did. Well....it did. For Toronto.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Lou would have given him a deadline of October to re-sign and then potentially traded him before the season. He wouldn’t have gotten strung along like Snow and Co. did. Having him unsigned going into the season was a real problem. Everyone just assumed (including me) that it would work itself out. It never did. Well....it did. For Toronto.
Many UFAs walk. Every year. And very rarely do teams play hardball and give artificial deadlines. Lou doesn’t exactly have a great track record of keeping (or trading for that matter) his UFAs.

The real problem with Tavares was that the team was poorly coached and managed during so much of his tenure. That and the fact that he was a two faced snake.

And only an idiot trades their leading goal scorer and captain if the team is fighting for 1st place.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Trade Barzal now before he be comes a free agent and/or captain.

By the way, your posts suck. All of them. All the time. Yuck.
Your hockey Iq is not able to follow half of them. The others you just think they suck cause it feels good for you to think they suck

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Many UFAs walk. Every year. And very rarely do teams play hardball and give artificial deadlines. Lou doesn’t exactly have a great track record of keeping (or trading for that matter) his UFAs.

The real problem with Tavares was that the team was poorly coached and managed during so much of his tenure. That and the fact that he was a two faced snake.

And only an idiot trades their leading goal scorer and captain if the team is fighting for 1st place.
There battling for a playoff spot and not first place. Lots of idiots would have traded Judas at the deadline last season. The fact there are still people who would not have traded Tavares shows how clueless some fans are. .

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
I still believe any of the three UFA’s will have limited returns at this point unless a team is doing a sign and trade.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
There battling for a playoff spot and not first place. Lots of idiots would have traded Judas at the deadline last season. The fact there are still people who would not have traded Tavares shows how clueless some fans are. .
Yeah last yeah they weren't really even in a playoff race. It goes to show you how desperately Malkin wanted tavares here. I believe Malkin mist not watch much hockey if he thought JT was a must keep, or that the team couldn't be better without him. It would be like a young Giants fan who thinks odel beckham is so important. He's not. Watching Vegas make a cup run must of made Malkin realize, forget hiring JTs agent as a GM to make JT happy, I'm gonna man up and take control of this team I bought.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Yeah last yeah they weren't really even in a playoff race. It goes to show you how desperately Malkin wanted tavares here. I believe Malkin mist not watch much hockey if he thought JT was a must keep, or that the team couldn't be better without him. It would be like a young Giants fan who thinks odel beckham is so important. He's not. Watching Vegas make a cup run must of made Malkin realize, forget hiring JTs agent as a GM to make JT happy, I'm gonna man up and take control of this team I bought.
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad