Former Bruins Anders Bjork III

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Good guy, wish him well, but to be honest I don't think anyone is even going to notice that he's gone.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Best of luck to him. Very unlucky with injuries early in his career that took away a lot of his development. Hope he gets some more playing time in Buffalo and can turn it around.

Reactions: Blowfish

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
It's hard to understand why he lost out to Kuhlman and Blidh, etc. It wasn't for lack of effort or talent on Bjork's part. His only weaknesses were finishing and lack of a burly build. And somehow he ended up in Cassidy's doghouse.

Reactions: Gordoff

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I was/am a big fan and wish him the best. Say what you want but he played hard every single time he was on the ice. Great hands, skating and IQ. Hard to understand why he wasn't able to score consistently but I hope he goes on to be another Reilly Smith. He has that potential.

Should be a good fit in Buffalo too. A high character guy who will play hard no matter what. They need more of that to right their ship.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
It's hard to understand why he lost out to Kuhlman and Blidh, etc. It wasn't for lack of effort or talent on Bjork's part. His only weaknesses were finishing and lack of a burly build. And somehow he ended up in Cassidy's doghouse.

At the same time if you can't finish you're probably not going to be around for long. But probably should have gotten a little more tread.

Reactions: Blowfish

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
F—k you, Cassidy, for always shitting on Bjork and damn you, Sweeney, for giving up on him.

Best of luck in Buffalo, Anders. You have great talent, which wasn’t recognized here, and I hope that your hockey career goes much better in Buffalo. I’ll be tuning in when I can and rooting for you always.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I was/am a big fan and wish him the best. Say what you want but he played hard every single time he was on the ice. Great hands, skating and IQ. Hard to understand why he wasn't able to score consistently but I hope he goes on to be another Reilly Smith. He has that potential.

Should be a good fit in Buffalo too. A high character guy who will play hard no matter what. They need more of that to right their ship.

Good post...my preference would have been Ritchie but a bigger body forward is also needed.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
F—k you, Cassidy, for always shitting on Bjork and damn you, Sweeney, for giving up on him.

Best of luck in Buffalo, Anders. You have great talent, which wasn’t recognized here, and I hope that your hockey career goes much better in Buffalo. I’ll be tuning in when I can and rooting for you always.
Don’t worry Bjork will get his goals

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good luck to Bjork but this season made it pretty clear he's not going to be ever be a big-time scorer at the NHL level.

Reactions: finchster

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Best of luck to Bjork in Buffalo! Wasn't a huge fan of his game but the talent and work ethic is there. Hope he can put it all together with a more consistent role in Buffalo.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I'm not sure why anyone thinks Anders Bjork will be anything like Rielly Smith. I see practically no similarities to the two players.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Best of luck to him. He needs a place to play loose and get some confidence. He's got the full tool set but never seemed to find the defensive or offensive toolbox.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm not sure why anyone thinks Anders Bjork will be anything like Rielly Smith. I see practically no similarities to the two players.

It more so forwards find success after leaving Boston:

Connolly - went on to be a 15-20 goal guy over the next 4 years
Vatarno - has played a 39pt pace in FLA after playing at a 23pt pace in BOS
Smith - mid 50pt player that hit 60 his first year in VGK
Acciari - been playing at a 30pt pace for FLA after never cracking 15pts in BOS

I'm sure there are others that I'm missing, but its not uncommon for guys who struggle to produce in Boston to go on and produce for their new teams.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

So, just curious.... were they supposed to wait and wait until there was production? I can't tell if this is a serious post.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I could see this Bjork having a similar run to Spooner did with the Rangers where he puts up points on a team playing out the string and having teams play no defense against them. Like Spooner he is a flawed player, though unlike Spooner i think he can stick in the league even without fixing his flaws. But to be a consistent Top 9 forward he needs to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad