Former Bruins Anders Bjork III

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Happy for Bjork. I can’t help but blame Bruce for mismanagement of his development. That goes for Bjork and basically everyone outside the perfection line. There is a reason Marshy and Bergy play so well together they’ve been doing it for over a decade. Bruce can’t seem to keep lines 2-4 consistent throughout the course of a game never mind for a stretch of games.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Definitely wish hm the best (except for when he plays against the B's) as he seemed to be a hard worker, but had some setbacks. He has the chance of putting together a good career for a 5th round pick...and I don't mean that as an insult in any way.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
We've seen this before with Spooner and Donato. Wouldn't be surprised if he puts up an exceptional stat line like 6-6-12 the rest of the season.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
We've seen this before with Spooner and Donato. Wouldn't be surprised if he puts up an exceptional stat line like 6-6-12 the rest of the season.
Spooner and donato don’t play the game like him. He is defensively better. Like way better. At worst he is a third line player. But he has an upside that some top line ice time might help. I like his game a lot. I found he couldn’t score. That was his only flaw to my eye. If he starts scoring then he could carve himself out a really good nhl career. He is fast and hard working. He gets in fast and hard on the forecheck. He has the hockey iq to play at the nhl level. He also has the nhl speed. If he can hammer shots like the one he scored tonight he will score.

Reactions: Estlin

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Spooner and donato don’t play the game like him. He is defensively better. Like way better. At worst he is a third line player. But he has an upside that some top line ice time might help. I like his game a lot. I found he couldn’t score. That was his only flaw to my eye. If he starts scoring then he could carve himself out a really good nhl career. He is fast and hard working. He gets in fast and hard on the forecheck. He has the hockey iq to play at the nhl level. He also has the nhl speed. If he can hammer shots like the one he scored tonight he will score.
Partially agree. He's better defensively but I just don't see the offensive IQ that makes him a top 6 player. Best he'll be is a Dan Paille type, which is good enough to have a decent career as 3rd or 4th line guy, but not enough that will make any GM who trades him away regret.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Partially agree. He's better defensively but I just don't see the offensive IQ that makes him a top 6 player. Best he'll be is a Dan Paille type, which is good enough to have a decent career as 3rd or 4th line guy, but not enough that will make any GM who trades him away regret.
I think his play making is underrated. His shots pretty good too. But he never seems to take it when he has the best opportunities. Seems to be a pass first guy. Maybe he says “fudge it this team sucks,” and starts firing shots because he doesn’t trust his team :nod::nod::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Estlin

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

He has more game than Paille, a player who I really appreciated. Paille was straight forward speed with stone hands, Bjork has a lot more shiftiness and has good hands but so far has seen plays die on his stick in scoring opportunities. If he starts cashing in on tgose, Buffalo will have themselves a nice player.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I don’t think there’s any blame to go around even if Bjork turns into a 20 goal guy. Felt like he got his chances here and couldn’t really stick out....

I would be interested to know what other names were thrown around in that deal, if the Bruins gave the Sabres a choice of him, Kuhlman a few others or if the Sabres were really interested in Bjork.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
He couldn't score because he refused to shoot! He has a better shot than 90% of the B's forwards but always wanted to pass. I think Cassidy had a hand in that. He reminds me of Coyle in that he would pass the puck with a wide open net. Happy for the kid and believe with different coaching will reach the potential we all thought he possessed!

Reactions: Kegs

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Not here to be a dick but he looks fantastic so far, he’s so fast for his size. Led all forwards in ice time for us tonight.

dick move~

Just because he snap shot a beauty rocket short side

reality is that he was not getting those opportunities as a Bruin. Good to see him score that goal

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
dick move~

Just because he snap shot a beauty rocket short side

reality is that he was not getting those opportunities as a Bruin. Good to see him score that goal
the question one might pose to the Bruins is why didn`t he get those opportunities?:naughty::laugh:

hoping this is one of those deals that works out great for both teams, big Bjork fanboy here

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Something I noticed last year and it seems to hold true for the most part this year is "game readiness" with guys. What I mean by that is what is considered "game ready" for a team that is a contender vs lottery team are two different things. We saw it last year with Ritchie. He came in and wasn't game ready by Bruins standards because ANH had been so bad the standard was much lower out there. Ritchie of course managed 2pt in 7gp and didn't look great in the playoffs. This year he's looked more like a guy that's ready to go and playing to a contenders standard. On the flip side, Heinen went to ANH and had 4pt in 9gp because he was playing at a standard that was of a contending team. This year he has just 9pts in 32gp. I'll be interested to see how Bjork does next year with a full season with Buffalo. I really hope he find his game and continues to play like he because that's the player we all hoped he'd be in here, it just never worked out.

False Start

May 8, 2018
the question one might pose to the Bruins is why didn`t he get those opportunities?:naughty::laugh:

hoping this is one of those deals that works out great for both teams, big Bjork fanboy here

Because he never shot the puck.

He was 19th on the team in shots ATTEMPTED with 46 in 30 games. For comparison sake. Frederic has 69 attempts in 36 games. Wagner has 65 attempts in 31 games. Studnicka has 46 attempts in 19 games.

Then you ask if he got any of those on net. Spoiler he didn't.

He was 20th on the team in shots on net with 22 in 30 games. For comparison sake. Kuhlman has 23 shots on net in 15 games. Kuraly, Wagner and Frederic have nearly DOUBLE his shot on net totals.

Someone who did advance stats here posted that Bjork was a "low event, zero offense player." Which makes sense to me. He didn't generate offense, didn't luck into points on the board, and was only good defensively.

He's like Par Lindholm with more "flashy skill" which also translates to nothing.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Remember when Ryan Donato scored a bunch of goals in his first couple games in Minnesota and everyone was making fun of us like we got hosed in the Coyle trade?

Reactions: jgatie

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
As we lament the loss of Bjork, it is important to remember that we got Taylor "Recent League MVP Still in His Prime" Hall for him.

Love Bjork, and his play just shows that the trade was not quite as absurdly lopsided as believed.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
I think he'll find that level of modest success that guys like Brett Connolly and Vatrano found outside of Boston. He needed to have a firm position in the lineup and it didn't jibe with what the Bruins want to do in these last years of Bergeron/Krejci/Rask.

Good trade for both teams.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
2 things can be true at once. I’m rooting for Bjork to have a successful career yet I’m glad we were able to land Hall by trading Bjork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad